[Q] Possible Locked Boot Loader on Rogers S4?

Search This thread

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
I was wondering, is there a locked boot loader on the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canadian Version)?

I am wondering this because if I go to root my phone, it could brick it, and I wouldn't like that....

So, please help. Thanks.

The French Tickl3r

May 19, 2013
Montreal
I was wondering, is there a locked boot loader on the Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4 (Canadian Version)?

I am wondering this because if I go to root my phone, it could brick it, and I wouldn't like that....

So, please help. Thanks.

to the best of my knowledge, it is the ATT version that has the locked bootie. You should be able to easily root your device using this file.

good luck!

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
to the best of my knowledge, it is the ATT version that has the locked bootie. You should be able to easily root your device using this file.

good luck!

Okay, I was just wondering because if i do root my phone, and it has a boot loader, then it will possibly brick it.

I also just want to make sure that there isn't a boot loader, so if anyone else has any knowledge, please post below. Thanks! :D

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Okay, I was just wondering because if i do root my phone, and it has a boot loader, then it will possibly brick it.

I also just want to make sure that there isn't a boot loader, so if anyone else has any knowledge, please post below. Thanks! :D

Well all phones have to have a bootloader. But I337m, which is the Canadian version, definitely has an unlocked bootloader. So you will not get any issues with CF Auto Root or anything.

Pellisco

Mar 16, 2014
Well all phones have to have a bootloader. But I337m, which is the Canadian version, definitely has an unlocked bootloader. So you will not get any issues with CF Auto Root or anything.

Okay, good. Now I just have to make sure I have the correct CF Auto Root for this phone, which is SGH-I337m.