New convert to Samsung.

Search This thread

dwardo1077

Feb 3, 2011
Hi all,

Bit of a hello and first post.

Recent convert from HTC devices going back pre TYTN to the new S5.
Have to admit to taking from this forum rather than giving so thanks for all the posts and experience here, has been no end of helpful on many occasions.

As I say been from the tytn, tytn2, desire, HTC one x and now the S5. Got to say I think its a great phone so far. Quick and does all I need.
I do beat the phone some with using them for work in various RAS and RD forms plus a lot of photography and music and it is happy doing it all and at the same time.

The M8 just didnt do it for me this time round, for the first time. I wanted water and dust proof as i spend a lot of time playing in the woods under a tarp, hunting and archery. The camera has proved its self over a long weekend shooting anything from wild plants to slow motion archery shots.

It is definitely more user interactive than the HTC and needs a lot more tweaking to get it how I like it but its getting there.

It is certainly not a let down in terms of style compared to the HTC. Feels great in the hand, light and quality feeling.

Finger print scanner works perfectly for me so no bother there either.

Any ways just wanted to say thanks for the knowledge on here and very happy with the S5

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

aarongillion63

Apr 13, 2014
Grand Rapids MI
aaron.gillion.io
Yeah, S5 has a nice pastel theme to it. I own both a Galaxy device (Note 2) AND the HTC One both as primary phones, so I know what you mean and can totally relate to your points and ideas. I like the features of both phones and I would die if I had to pick just one.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Bit of a hello and first post.

Recent convert from HTC devices going back pre TYTN to the new S5.
    Have to admit to taking from this forum rather than giving so thanks for all the posts and experience here, has been no end of helpful on many occasions.

As I say been from the tytn, tytn2, desire, HTC one x and now the S5. Got to say I think its a great phone so far. Quick and does all I need.
    I do beat the phone some with using them for work in various RAS and RD forms plus a lot of photography and music and it is happy doing it all and at the same time.

The M8 just didnt do it for me this time round, for the first time. I wanted water and dust proof as i spend a lot of time playing in the woods under a tarp, hunting and archery. The camera has proved its self over a long weekend shooting anything from wild plants to slow motion archery shots.

It is definitely more user interactive than the HTC and needs a lot more tweaking to get it how I like it but its getting there.

It is certainly not a let down in terms of style compared to the HTC. Feels great in the hand, light and quality feeling.

Finger print scanner works perfectly for me so no bother there either.

Any ways just wanted to say thanks for the knowledge on here and very happy with the S5