Random Builds-AOSP

Search This thread

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
I've been messing around for a few days trying to get AOKP on my Moto X. Finally got it working. Thought I would share the build. It has been a while since I ran AOKP and I'm surprised to say that it isn't what it use to be...Anyway, here is the build. I still have some sepolicy stuff to sort through so it has the kernel from yesterdays cm nightly.

ROM~~~~> https://app.box.com/s/pdvjj7cikxhk6hg0087n

GAPPS~~~~> http://goo.im/devs/kxp/gapps/aokp-full_gapps-kk-20140211.zip

Check under your Google acct after setting things up and make sure you didnt get a sync error. If you do just uncheck then recheck everything. It will sync correctly. I havent encountered any bugs yet.

And It should work on ALL variants :)

Of course you do flash this at your own risk...

Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
It's still android development so you can post it there! Great job with this gonna have a go at AICP myself this coming week....

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I was gonna try to get Moto X up to date in AOKP but doesn't look like there is any interest in AOKP anymore. Very unfortunate. I remember when AOKP was most peoples favorite :-/

Reactions: kerryh420

vikramkhalsa

Mar 7, 2012
www.amasingh.com
AOKP used to be my favorite, it was awesome - loved the customization features. But I realized it was a little heavy and switched to slim as my new fav. But since I've been on the moto x I haven't felt the need to flash any roms (not that there were any available :p). stock has been great and Xposed + gravity box solves all my customization desires and more!

I appreciate the effort though, I might give it a shot if I get bored. Thanks!

PS What did you mean when you said it isn't what it used to be? better or worse?

Reactions: Schaweet

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
Aokp used to be bad. Ass I loved it but after ICS/job they dropped a lot of customization and its not really worth it for me I guess. I'd rather flash a cm bases rom these days. But still awesome you got aokp going!!

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

D

Darth

I have to agree....it isn't disinterest in aokp, for the moto x anyway......its just I'd say the majority stay stock and use gravity box. So they don't lose their moto features.

Awesome tho that you brought it to this phone. ;)

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
I have to agree....it isn't disinterest in aokp, for the moto x anyway......its just I'd say the majority stay stock and use gravity box. So they don't lose their moto features.

Awesome tho that you brought it to this phone. ;)

you switched to a nexus 5 right? do you miss the moto x at all. i dont even run stock anymore so im thinking of picking one up

D

Darth

you switched to a nexus 5 right? do you miss the moto x at all. i dont even run stock anymore so im thinking of picking one up

Sorry for ot. :)

I miss lots about the moto x....my wife has it now and loves it!! I just missed the busy development community and the freedom of a nexus. I got bored with my perfect moto x. Lol

Now I've discovered multirom. ;)

Never need to wipe my daily driver and can flash ROMs left and right.

As far as comparison.... They're very comparable phones. The moto x is definitely my recommendation to almost everyone....UNLESS they like to play with the phone like us xda'ers do.....nothing beats a nexus for that.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Apologies OP....no more OT from me. :)

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
Sorry for ot. :)

I miss lots about the moto x....my wife has it now and loves it!! I just missed the busy development community and the freedom of a nexus. I got bored with my perfect moto x. Lol

Now I've discovered multirom. ;)

Never need to wipe my daily driver and can flash ROMs left and right.

As far as comparison.... They're very comparable phones. The moto x is definitely my recommendation to almost everyone....UNLESS they like to play with the phone like us xda'ers do.....nothing beats a nexus for that.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Apologies OP....no more OT from me. :)

Thanka guys. I do like flaahing roms and even building my own ao im pushing towards it i get bored often lol so im really hoping to pick the n5 up and figure out that multirom stuff:D

I got an N5 the day it dropped. Badass phone. You won't miss your Moto X I promise.
Thanks. I don't think I will I'll probably give it to my mom :D
Sorry for ot :D flashing this aokp ROM later tonight?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DANIEL AMBRUSO

Apr 25, 2014
Hello, Apologize me..

I have used moto x. I did not know about AOKP. Please anyone can tell me what is AOKP?

How does it works ?

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
So..... no problems so far but no active display, touchless control or camera shake?
Why would they make a rom that doesn't take advantage of the phone's best features?

You should definitely mention this in your first post.... Now i'm wondering why i didn't ask first. Oh the regret....

Last edited:
D

Darth

So..... no problems so far but no active display, touchless control or camera shake?
Why would they make a rom that doesn't take advantage of the phone's best features?

Only ROMs built off stock have moto features. Cm based do not. And can't.

Same as non touch wiz based ROMs for Samsung.....no Samsung features. Etc. ;)

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise

You should definitely mention this in your first post.... Now i'm wondering why i didn't ask first. Oh the regret....

There is not an AOSP based rom that has ANY of the stock Moto X features you refer to. Probably never will be. Active display can be downloaded from Play, I believe its called ACDisplay.

On another note. I've seen people discussing the speakerphone issue in other threads. FYI @dhacker29 fixed it and I have yet to see any other "bugs", in recent CM builds or this AOKP build.

pintasmapila

Aug 5, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S20
There is not an AOSP based rom that has ANY of the stock Moto X features you refer to. Probably never will be. Active display can be downloaded from Play, I believe its called ACDisplay.

On another note. I've seen people discussing the speakerphone issue in other threads. FYI @dhacker29 fixed it and I have yet to see any other "bugs", in recent CM builds or this AOKP build.

Oh, i see... So, there's no way to get al the features working on this ROM, right? Its a really nice ROM, wish i could have all the candies from the original moto x.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been messing around for a few days trying to get AOKP on my Moto X. Finally got it working. Thought I would share the build. It has been a while since I ran AOKP and I'm surprised to say that it isn't what it use to be...Anyway, here is the build. I still have some sepolicy stuff to sort through so it has the kernel from yesterdays cm nightly.

ROM~~~~> https://app.box.com/s/pdvjj7cikxhk6hg0087n

GAPPS~~~~> http://goo.im/devs/kxp/gapps/aokp-full_gapps-kk-20140211.zip

Check under your Google acct after setting things up and make sure you didnt get a sync error. If you do just uncheck then recheck everything. It will sync correctly. I havent encountered any bugs yet.

And It should work on ALL variants :)

Of course you do flash this at your own risk...
    Slim info...

To build SlimKat. Put this in your local_manifest.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest> 
      <remove-project name="platform/external/sepolicy" />

<project path="device/motorola/moto_msm8960dt" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_moto_msm8960dt" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="device/motorola/qcom-common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="device/qcom/common" name="CyanogenMod/android_device_qcom_common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="external/sepolicy" name="CyanogenMod/android_external_sepolicy" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom/audio-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_audio-caf" remote="github" revision="kk4.4" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom/display-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_display-caf" remote="github" revision="kk4.4" />
      <project path="hardware/qcom/media-caf" name="SlimRoms/hardware_qcom_media-caf" remote="github" revision="kk4.4" />
      <project path="kernel/motorola/msm8960dt-common" name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_motorola_msm8960dt-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
      <project path="vendor/motorola" name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
    </manifest>

Then repo sync. Make sure youre on the caf branch.
    Just finished a Slimkat build but camera is broken. Soon as I get that sorted I'll post a build.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app