Moto G or Moto G 4g?

Search This thread

rizla2

Jul 2, 2013
Hi all. So i decided to buy moto g, expect me here in a couple of weeks :D. Anyway, i'm not sure should i buy classic moto g 16gb or this new moto g 4g with sdcard. Looking at it, having sdcard slot would be nice though i don't care much about 4g. What bothers me that amount of roms for 4g version seems to be much smaller and there are no kernels. Price of both versions seems to be similar on mobicity.co.uk. Also, does anyone know what would be the cheapest place to order moto g inside eu?

D

Deleted member 2092952

Don't know about the price, but I'm quite happy with the 4g variant.

Downloading official kitkat for it right now, 4g speed is nice to have, and moving apps to sdcard keeps this thing open for tons of apps + additional room for more. So I see no real advantage to the internal only one here.

Probably better to base it on your storage needs + some additional for growing room / additional app space. If you don't put/keep whole video files, tons of music, recovery backups, big games, or other things that take up lots of space on your phone then internal only should be fine. There's nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: Giugo and rizla2

grahamgo

Jan 11, 2013
Why not wait a few days and see what the New Moto G (2?) Version specs are. That's what I'm doing.

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
Basing your choice on a number of ROMs/kernels is quite bad idea. Poorly the worst thing you can do when choosing a proper mobile.

Anyway, consider if 12GB will be enough for your needs if you pick the classic 16GB moto g.For example I'm using an 8GB version for my daily driver and I don't feel that I need more free space, but sometimes I really feel like that it would have been great to have a sd, even tho that rarely comes to my mind.

After a while I got the LTE model and used it for about a month as daily one. Inserted a fancy 64GB class 10 microsd in it made by ADATA and it worked w/o a problem, even tho moto says up to 32GB... nice surprise there.
After few weeks I've realized that the damn sd card is pretty useless to me, even tho the device had only 8GB internal storage, but I just didn't need more...

Also you should consider that the inbuilt eMMC it's quite faster storage, than any micro sd you may use.

Good Luck.

Giugo

Jul 20, 2014
Hi all. So i decided to buy moto g, expect me here in a couple of weeks :D. Anyway, i'm not sure should i buy classic moto g 16gb or this new moto g 4g with sdcard. Looking at it, having sdcard slot would be nice though i don't care much about 4g. What bothers me that amount of roms for 4g version seems to be much smaller and there are no kernels. Price of both versions seems to be similar on mobicity.co.uk. Also, does anyone know what would be the cheapest place to order moto g inside eu?

If you use the phone as a music /video player and you like to use it as a camera, then the 4G with microsd slot is the best choice for you. If you use it primarily as a phone and you don't make a lot of photos and videos, then the 16 gb would be good. But remember that: one day you should need more space than the internal 12 gb (memory is 16 gb, but the actual free space is less) and the only solution would be the USB OTG.

Reactions: rizla2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2092952
    Don't know about the price, but I'm quite happy with the 4g variant.

Downloading official kitkat for it right now, 4g speed is nice to have, and moving apps to sdcard keeps this thing open for tons of apps + additional room for more. So I see no real advantage to the internal only one here.

Probably better to base it on your storage needs + some additional for growing room / additional app space. If you don't put/keep whole video files, tons of music, recovery backups, big games, or other things that take up lots of space on your phone then internal only should be fine. There's nothing wrong with it.

If you use the phone as a music /video player and you like to use it as a camera, then the 4G with microsd slot is the best choice for you. If you use it primarily as a phone and you don't make a lot of photos and videos, then the 16 gb would be good. But remember that: one day you should need more space than the internal 12 gb (memory is 16 gb, but the actual free space is less) and the only solution would be the USB OTG.