[A] Picasa Web Albums Sign-In Request

Search This thread

LiveTrash

Mar 22, 2014
Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash

login4pandora

Jan 26, 2010
Thank you Live Trash, I had been having this pop up several times a day since updating. Problem solved. :)

Ever since I updated to KitKat on my S4, Google kept asking me to sign in to allow Gallery to access Picasa Web Albums or something like that. Every time I open Gallery it would come up. Despite saying "No" and removing the notification, it just came back every time.

To remove this notification, I went into the Gallery (the stock gallery app) and hit the menu button (the capacitive button on the bottom left of the phone), went into Settings. I tapped my gmail address under "Accounts" at the top and scrolled to the bottom of that list. Once I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albums" the notification stopped appearing. Not sure if this was some update within KitKat or not because I never had the notification before.

Anyway, I decided to post this so anyone with the same issue who tried searching for it might find this and it will help them.

Cheers,
LiveTrash

addy37

Jan 21, 2011
City of Nizams
The Solution was so simple, yet couldn't think... Thanks:good:

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Racklefratz

Apr 10, 2014

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks a lot for saving me a bunch of time. Yeah, just reinstalling all the Google stuff defaulted to syncing with all their apps. Easy fix for an annoying issue.

MikeSome1

Jan 9, 2013
One question, can I revert agreement that I did?

I installed stock KitKat firmware on my Samsung phone, added Google Account and agreed to linking Gallery app with my Google Picasa photos.
Now I want to revoke access, but there is no such options in Google account settings. I checked under apps with Google+ login - nothing there. Also clearing data of Gallery app doesn't help, cause after alowing to sync again there's no more Sign-In Request, it just syncs.

And btw I know I can remove check mark in sync setting to stop syncing my picasa to samsung gallery, but still - first time I opened Gallery, there was an access request and idk where to find revoke button in my Google account - button like for games or apps that I logged in with my Google+ account.

I'm a little bit OCD about this. Can someone help me?
Thanks

ok, I see that permission is reseted while flashing custom ROM and not using stock apps.

Last edited:

Chrisayami

Jun 10, 2014
North Little Rock, Ar
sign-in request

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks very much, I had the same problem and I guess I can fix it now...

Mikimiki333

Dec 25, 2014
Thank you!

This has been driving me crazy since I got my new Mega 2. Thank you so much!

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Rapheal

Feb 18, 2008
Makes a difference "Where" you do it!!

Cheers,
LiveTrash

Thanks LiveTrash!

Even though I did this from account under setup, I had to do it in the stock gallery app to resolve the issue. !!

Reactions: LiveTrash

BanditQuest

Mar 4, 2015
Thanks LiveTrash!

Even though I did this from account under setup, I had to do it in the stock gallery app to resolve the issue. !!
My experience S4 (AOS 5.0.1), it would keep asking for permissions even after following same the above steps - settings menu in gallery; pick account; unchecking sync I tried several different things and did fix it but I started again, removed account so I could write up steps, in case anyone else get stuck with same issue. (This was only an extra account for use with youtube app and I don't even use it for pics and swapped using gallery to qucikpic app). These are the steps if your not intending to sync an account (generally and specifically for picasa web albums):
  1. open notification shade (access using drag 2 fingers down from top of screen)
    7FvCisFl.png
  2. Turn sync feature button off so nothing accidentally default syncs for new account.
  3. Add your extra account (eg for me I did it in youtube but in andriod settings via noticifaction shade and navigate to "accounts" option should be equivalent)
  4. turn off your internet access (wifi and/or mobile data whichever you have in notifications shade - also 2 finger drag) and
  5. in same place ensure "sync" feature in on
  6. now as you are offline navigate to accounts menu and untick anything you never want to default sync, in particular, the picasa web albums.
    SjlzNn0l.png
  7. turn on your internet access (wifi and/or mobile data whichever you were using before in notifications shade - 2 finger drag)
  8. open gallery app
  9. swipe away any notification from gallery - I did not get one with this method but if you do and view it just ignore choosing "allow"/"deny" hit back physical button and dismiss notification message
    zVwo9zsm.png

zyef9lPl.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers,
    LiveTrash
    Makes a difference "Where" you do it!!

Cheers,
    LiveTrash

Thanks LiveTrash!