[DEV] ICS Android 4.0 Porting and Development | es209ra (X10) | alpha1 | 21/11/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zdzihu

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2008
This is a dev thread. Do not install this release unless you know what you're doing. Do not post if you have nothing to contribute.

This is very early build, we're behind other qsd8k devices but will eventually catch up :)

Big thanks to all qsd8k developers working on this (N1, Desire, HD2, X10).

[KERNEL]
- ol' good 2.6.29-SEMC
- fixed touchscreen driver (now backward-compatibile with Gingerbread)

[ROM]
- partially based on drewis release (thanks!) - currently I don't have access to PC that could handle compilation of the whole thing :)
If someone could compile clean es209ra build and upload it would be awesome.

[WORKING]
- it boots :rolleyes:
- radio, calls, txt (sms)
- audio partially working (in-call is fine, playing mp3/ringtones leads to WLOD)
- bluetooth, GPS seem to work
- wifi almost working ("can't find wlan0 device")
- mobile data (it gets IP but disconects afterwards, needs investiagtion)

[NOT WORKING]
- most of the stuff does not work
- quite unstable

[SOURCES]
Will upload all of the useful code/fixes here.
- ICS + GB compatibile touch driver: es209ra_touch_mt.c
- compatibile ramdisk (props FXP): http://www.mediafire.com/?1n51pn1upwv79ur

[DOWNLOAD]
Alpha1 ROM (for CWM5) + corresponding kernel (flashtool) is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ht6p6tbpj2988d4

Cheers,
z

Last edited:

pheel

Mar 7, 2011
Sydney
hi zdzihu, its great to see you back! is this only temporary or, are you going to be more active, like before?

mmmkay, I'm not dev, but I want to ask if you're compiling this from ground up (like Jerpelea's CM7), or you're like just mashup of current SE and ICS sources. if its a mashup, I can help. but I do very little design from ground up things.

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

zdzihu

Sep 28, 2008
So for me doesn't even boot :D
As i came from night shift i will try later on more... :D

Here you are libhardware.so, libhardware_legacy.so & wpa_supplicant from my compiled ICS build so if someone can boot z rom maybe it could test this too :D

p.s.
it is searching ar6000.ko as normal stock one not wifi.ko as sdk port

Hi Azuzu, I am able to compile single libs and binaries (libhw_legacy, supplicant), it's just dex and stuff causing problems (1GB of ram + 1.6GHz). As for libaudio, I will take a look soon :)

Cheers,
z

DiabloBasic

Nov 22, 2011
Lugano
I help if u want :)

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum and I hope to see well with you.

I would be willing to help compile the source since EXCLUSIVELY use only Linux operating system and is much easier to work on programming because most of the libraries are already installed by default, I hope I was clear.

greetings

Joseph

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Hi Azuzu, I am able to compile single libs and binaries (libhw_legacy, supplicant), it's just dex and stuff causing problems (1GB of ram + 1.6GHz). As for libaudio, I will take a look soon :)

Cheers,
z

yaay Z!!!

glad to see back! :)

now i feel so bad & depressed that i dont have a working x10 with me :(
hope that service center guy is able to repair it again...

@aZuZu
can u please upload ur work-in-progress sources to git... i know how much fixing u have done... it might help other too :)

ThJap

Jun 1, 2011
Osaka

island3r

Mar 30, 2011
Zdzihu, if the wifi still reports the same error (can't find wlan0 device), it probably means that the kernel refers to wlan interface as eth0. Try changing the wifi.interface entry in build.prop to eth0.

aZuZu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 19, 2011
Zagreb
little help for folks that compile ICS on weak pc

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Killed << if processes during compile get killed try this script > Fix Swap
Well to me helped so maybe it helps other ppl.

wbbigdave

Nov 10, 2010
Has anyone pulled this Kernel apart, i'm trying to lock down some of the touch screen info but I can't gunzip the ICS ramdisk...not even sure if i should be able to.

I GPIO the main files out, can't see anything pertinent in there, so I can only assume its in this ramdisk...biggest problem is that if it is a corrupted archive I can't get ubuntu to open a recovery tool cos it's implementation of the Zlib system sucks dice

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
WHAT IS IT WITH SOME OF YOU GUYS, IT IS DEV ONLY THREAD AT THE REQUEST OF THE DEVELOPER, IF YOU CAN'T FOLLOW SIMPLE RULES THEN INFRACTIONS WILL BE HANDED OUT, YOU HAVE NOW BEEN WARNED!

Last edited:

zdzihu

Sep 28, 2008
Has anyone pulled this Kernel apart, i'm trying to lock down some of the touch screen info but I can't gunzip the ICS ramdisk...not even sure if i should be able to.

I GPIO the main files out, can't see anything pertinent in there, so I can only assume its in this ramdisk...biggest problem is that if it is a corrupted archive I can't get ubuntu to open a recovery tool cos it's implementation of the Zlib system sucks dice

gunzip -c <ramdisk.gz> | cpio -i

Cheers,
z

-PiLoT-

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 17, 2008
Jefferson, SD
The next member who disregards a developers request and posts in a non helpful way will be banned for a week.

i encourage any dev or helpful member to pm me or any other mod with the offending post and the user will be dealt with

Please don't reply tp them to tell them they are breaking th rules as you post will then also be rule break worthy

Hugs and kisses

PiLoT

pheel

Mar 7, 2011
Sydney
sorry for posting here. but is for development. for ICS, can we used modified 2.6.29, and modify, like what zdzihu did, it so it 100% or do we have to use 3.x (or whatever) becuase I'm starting to do kernel mods and I want to see what I can contribution.

so in all, does the newest kernel have to be ported? or can we continue using good old 2.6.29 and keep Modding it? (hopefully camera will work, drivers have to be rewritten for kernel. and no one likr to write drivers)

Sent from my X10i using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a dev thread. Do not install this release unless you know what you're doing. Do not post if you have nothing to contribute.

This is very early build, we're behind other qsd8k devices but will eventually catch up :)

Big thanks to all qsd8k developers working on this (N1, Desire, HD2, X10).

[KERNEL]
    - ol' good 2.6.29-SEMC
    - fixed touchscreen driver (now backward-compatibile with Gingerbread)

[ROM]
    - partially based on drewis release (thanks!) - currently I don't have access to PC that could handle compilation of the whole thing :)
    If someone could compile clean es209ra build and upload it would be awesome.

[WORKING]
    - it boots :rolleyes:
    - radio, calls, txt (sms)
    - audio partially working (in-call is fine, playing mp3/ringtones leads to WLOD)
    - bluetooth, GPS seem to work
    - wifi almost working ("can't find wlan0 device")
    - mobile data (it gets IP but disconects afterwards, needs investiagtion)

[NOT WORKING]
    - most of the stuff does not work
    - quite unstable

[SOURCES]
    Will upload all of the useful code/fixes here.
    - ICS + GB compatibile touch driver: es209ra_touch_mt.c
    - compatibile ramdisk (props FXP): http://www.mediafire.com/?1n51pn1upwv79ur

[DOWNLOAD]
    Alpha1 ROM (for CWM5) + corresponding kernel (flashtool) is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ht6p6tbpj2988d4

Cheers,
    z
    So for me doesn't even boot :D
    As i came from night shift i will try later on more... :D

Here you are libhardware.so, libhardware_legacy.so & wpa_supplicant from my compiled ICS build so if someone can boot z rom maybe it could test this too :D

p.s.
    it is searching ar6000.ko as normal stock one not wifi.ko as sdk port

Cheers,
    z
    The next member who disregards a developers request and posts in a non helpful way will be banned for a week.

i encourage any dev or helpful member to pm me or any other mod with the offending post and the user will be dealt with

Please don't reply tp them to tell them they are breaking th rules as you post will then also be rule break worthy

Hugs and kisses

PiLoT
    Just did a major clean up on this thread mates....no more "thanks" posts please. If thankful... click the thanks button.

Regards,

M_T_M

gunzip -c <ramdisk.gz> | cpio -i

Cheers,
    z