[Q] GT 540 MMI issue

Search This thread

Tamate

Oct 4, 2009
I have updated my 2.1 to 2.3.4 swift v2 m6 based on cyangenmod 7.1.0 RCO.

Love the ROM

Issues, I paid for the optus unlock code and have to put in 2945#*520# to put in the provided code. The error comes up Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

I have spent a couple of days looking at different forums and solutions, tried extra pauses etc and still the same issues. One suggested going back to original ROM and trying that, however another issue I have is the phone will not boot back into recovery or bootloader, just turn off and stays that way. I have held different buttons as stated in different threads and even hopped on one foot.

I am happy with this ROM just want to get to the unlock menu, any ideas that I might have missed??

Cheers Ernie

-Grift-

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
i think it works on 2.1 too as long as the rom has the hidden menu. so best is to try boot into fastboot via power and camera button. (try holding it very hard and long till the black screen appears) and flash any 2.1 rom

Tamate

Oct 4, 2009
No good

Tried the power camera buttons never worked. Is there a fastboot 2.1 file that was like the 2.3 file that you just double clicked on and it installed the new android? So I can just click on the file 2.1 and it will load up?

Tamate

Oct 4, 2009
Ebay? hope not

Or is there another unlocking solution apart from trying to down grade my android, is there a network unlock that can be performed with other software?

Cheers for any help.

I am not really an optus fan and like to use whatever sim I like at the time, I suppose if I can not unlock the carrier it will go to ebay.

When I power off the phone it gives me the option to shut down, recovery etc however if I choose other than to turn it off it will not reboot.

hmmm rambling now

Ernie

sanmit

Feb 22, 2011
Either flash via KDZ method a 2.1 rom.
Or
Find in development threads thers a recovery zip for 2.1.

Sent from my GT540 using xda premium

Tamate

Oct 4, 2009
Warning

Just a warning, if you get one of these phones network locked, unlock it before upgrading the android.

I have spent a week on this trying to downgrade to 2.1 so I can get to the unlock menu.

I have followed directions from many sites and flashed using kdz, have put recovery on using command prompt, use solution to get the phone to show up menus. Where I fall down is I can not get past the selection where the forums tell me to hold power/camera or other buttons and a menu will come up and give options to select install from sdcard. No matter what I do I can not get to that section??

This is really frustrating me, I have tried so many solution.

However, each time I fail and the phone is black, I just load the recovery with kdz and then click on Android234GT540_06-06-11_eng and this last file auto installs 2.3.4, wonderful, so is there a file like this for 2.1?? if so I pretty sure I can then downgrade then get to the unlock menu.

Or is there another network unlock solution.

Please help

Ernie

Tamate

Oct 4, 2009
Solved

You are the man, thank you sooooooo much, two weeks on getting the downgrade working and this works a treat.

After downgrade I was able to get into the unlock menu and was able to enter the unlock code, I am so happy for your post.

Ernie

It does not cause a problem to downgrade to 2.1 without fastboot, I have done that several times. All you have to focus on is the following:
after doing "fastboot -w" turn the phone off. And DO NOT TURN IT ON AGAIN. Remove the battery, sim and SD. Hold the camera + power and then plug the phone to usb it will run into download mode. Run the KDZ updater with CS Emergency mode and flash whatever 20A rom you can have. Before the update ends, it will reboot and ask you to insert the battery. Do not unplug the phone until the KDZ updater gives you the ======= finished ====== message.

I hope this helps.

gauss163

Aug 24, 2012
I have updated my 2.1 to 2.3.4 swift v2 m6 based on cyangenmod 7.1.0 RCO.

Issues, I paid for the optus unlock code and have to put in 2945#*520# to put in the provided code. The error comes up Connection problem or invalid MMI code.

Cheers Ernie

If your phone has model# 540 then you should dial 2945#*540# not 2945#*520#, i.e. the final three digits should be the model number. Otherwise you will get the error you mentioned.