AOKP ICS, GSM network, Sms doesnt work ?

Search This thread

tinhduong

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
Hi all,
I have a problem when using rom AOKP, ICS, that is sms not worked. I can call, receive call, but cant send and receive sms.
Any one got this problem, too ?:confused:

Reactions: juzz86

tinhduong

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
yes, this rom.
XDA forum doesn't allow newbie ( with < 10 post ) to join and discuss in android development section :)

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
You may need to double-check your SMSC (SMS Centre) number is correct for your carrier. I had the same issue on my Incredible 2 after flashing a non-GSM ROM, then flashing back to a stock-based, GSM-supported version.

To do this, find out the SMSC number for your carrier. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and, at the menu, select 'Phone Info'. Scroll down until you see the 'SMSC' field, enter the number and hit 'update'.

Reboot your phone. This should be all that is required to fix your issue :)

Thanks for asking your question in the Q&A section. I know it can be frustrating because you're unable to post in the actual Development thread, but you asked your question in the right place, and for that I thank you :)

Let me know if you need something further!

Reactions: tinhduong

tinhduong

Mar 29, 2012
Hanoi
You may need to double-check your SMSC (SMS Centre) number is correct for your carrier. I had the same issue on my Incredible 2 after flashing a non-GSM ROM, then flashing back to a stock-based, GSM-supported version.

To do this, find out the SMSC number for your carrier. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and, at the menu, select 'Phone Info'. Scroll down until you see the 'SMSC' field, enter the number and hit 'update'.

Thanks for asking your question in the Q&A section. I know it can be frustrating because you're unable to post in the actual Development thread, but you asked your question in the right place, and for that I thank you :)

Thank you, I will try to reflash AOKP Rom and follow your guide :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Edited :After reflash rom ( Both AOKP and Vivow milestone, my sms doesnt work, too. Have changed the SMSC, but it not work... )
Just come back to stock rom.

Last edited:

gorga14

Sep 11, 2008
Thank you, I will try to reflash AOKP Rom and follow your guide :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Edited :After reflash rom ( Both AOKP and Vivow milestone, my sms doesnt work, too. Have changed the SMSC, but it not work... )
Just come back to stock rom.

i'm so new at this.. but i wish someone had said that after you hit *#*#4636#*#* to wait a bit before the phone info screan appeared.. haha been driving me crazy all day!!! i had a blonde moment.. thanks for all the info though

startrek1312

Oct 8, 2010
Data

OP and everybody else, are you guys able to get your data working with GSM? Mine can't and it's been driving me nuts lately :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    I have a problem when using rom AOKP, ICS, that is sms not worked. I can call, receive call, but cant send and receive sms.
    Any one got this problem, too ?:confused: