[RUU][leak] 3.14.605.10

Search This thread

janet7682441

Feb 8, 2012
Allow me to ask a noob question....How to flash it?
Rename to PH98IMG and flash on bootloader? Or flash it like flash a ROM on recovery?

Kaptain75329

Aug 27, 2011
Virginia
Allow me to ask a noob question....How to flash it?
Rename to PH98IMG and flash on bootloader? Or flash it like flash a ROM on recovery?

Should be the bootloader.. Android Police had these directions posted for the last RUU leak:
  • After downloading the file, rename it to "PH98IMG.zip" (no quotes)
  • Place the renamed file onto the root of the SD Card
  • Power down your device
  • Reboot into the bootloader by holding VOL DOWN + Power
  • The flashing process should begin automatically

It's been noted on a couple of sites and in the comments that it's a good idea to flash this twice in a row in order to ensure success. Further, be advised the RUU wipes the phone clean. SD card should be OK, but I'd backup just in case.

What has me puzzled is this leak not making news on that site or others.. seems kinda fishy and so I'm hesitant to flash this not knowing the usual semi official stuff.

Last edited:

werdna87

Apr 9, 2011
Mass
Should be the bootloader.. Android Police had these directions posted for the last RUU leak:
  • Power down your device

It's been noted on a couple of sites and in the comments that it's a good idea to flash this twice in a row in order to ensure success. Further, be advised the RUU wipes the phone clean. SD card should be OK, but I'd backup just in case.

What has me puzzled is this leak not making news on that site or others.. seems kinda fishy and so I'm hesitant to flash this not knowing the usual semi official stuff.

Believe me, its very official. i would know ;);)

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
chg log and why it wasnt posted on AP and such

chg log was it removed the caller id app, fixed data widget issues and sms thread..since it was such a minor update we decided not to post but i figured u guys can beta test and what not :p

Kaptain75329

Aug 27, 2011
Virginia
Good to know. I'm guessing we're just about ready for OTA.. just the final testing, sign off, and what not. I'm guessing if there were any glaring bugs with this leak, we'd know about it by now, especially since the kernel and radios appear to be the same.

Oh, pulease people, if somebody says it's the OTA, don't expect a certificate with a Verizon Wireless seal on it to verify. We're all on our own here anyway. Even if it's not ---- run it or don't. Yeesh. :rolleyes:

As to SetCPU and perflock and kernels, I have been running SetCPU just fine on ICS --- with profiles to underclock and no overclocking. I have virtually no heat issues that aren't related to something else (like letting the phone sit in the sun). You can't disable perflock on the Rezound --- not yet. Eventually we'll get kernel source and then the kernel magicians can do their tricks.

No, I haven't flashed this yet, but I fully intend to when I'm done the download and have backed things up here.

And I've also regained root with Amon Ra on ICS when I was pretty much screwing around with everything, but it doesn't really matter because a ROM can provide for root, e.g. Nils' 5.0 just out rebased on this RUU, not taking anything away from Con's brilliant work on the Rezound.

boxermansr

Jun 26, 2007
El Paso, TX
  • Power down your device

Also a good idea to disable fastboot, as it won't let you get into the bootloader otherwise (least this has always been the case for me). :)

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Any app whether it be scaling app or monitor app that directly tries to access kernel will cause it to ramp. Monitor app that accesses cpu directly and not via kernel will show correct ramping.

Roms that are built on 3.14 kernel and 3.14 base such as Ineff Deus run cool with much better battery life. Cleanrom is currently built on 3.13 Base with 3.14 kernel.

Scott will be building Cleanrom based on OTA once it is released.

:cool:

Kaptain75329

Aug 27, 2011
Virginia
Also a good idea to disable fastboot, as it won't let you get into the bootloader otherwise (least this has always been the case for me). :)

Good to know - glad you mentioned it. Already off in my case thanks to HTC's warning that some market apps won't work with it on, but I didn't know it could be an issue for getting into the bootloader. I suspect fastboot is really more of a suspend type feature more than anything else.. the phone never truly reboots when you "turn off" the device.

zwolf4444

Sep 28, 2010
Any app whether it be scaling app or monitor app that directly tries to access kernel will cause it to ramp. Monitor app that accesses cpu directly and not via kernel will show correct ramping.

Roms that are built on 3.14 kernel and 3.14 base such as Ineff Deus run cool with much better battery life. Cleanrom is currently built on 3.13 Base with 3.14 kernel.

Scott will be building Cleanrom based on OTA once it is released.

:cool:

Can you suggest a monitor app that accesses CPU directly? And does that mean that even an app like Quadrant (which shows current frequency in system info) will cause it to ramp?

prdog1

Mar 10, 2012
Houston, Texas
Can you suggest a monitor app that accesses CPU directly? And does that mean that even an app like Quadrant (which shows current frequency in system info) will cause it to ramp?

I use the same one mentioned earlier. It is a widget. Set to 1 second to see scaling in real time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coconuts.cpumonitor&feature=search_result

Haven't looked at Quadrant once I disabled everything else but it was showing maxing out when I had setcpu installed.

Reactions: jlee85

jlee85

Dec 11, 2010
I use the same one mentioned earlier. It is a widget. Set to 1 second to see scaling in real time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coconuts.cpumonitor&feature=search_result

Haven't looked at Quadrant once I disabled everything else but it was showing maxing out when I had setcpu installed.

Wow uninstalled setcpu n used this. Works like a charm. Temp dropped from 120 to 85 degrees battery life was better wen I was able to scale all the way down with the screen off profile. Small price to pay for not fryin my phone tho

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ae1990

Jan 6, 2012
rancho cucamonga
  • Power down your device

Must I relock from my current unlocked state I am on firmware from January. Thanks.

jlee85

Dec 11, 2010
Btw anyone got a quicker mirror for the new ruu?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts