[Q] White charger and cable with black Note

Search This thread

DavidLD

May 8, 2011
I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

jonling

Feb 12, 2014
Grand Rapids
I purchased the SM-P600ZKVXAR (US version WiFi) from Amazon a couple weeks ago and something about it has been bugging me since: This is a black Note, but they sent me a white charger and cable in the package with it. (This was a new product in a sealed package, made in Vietnam; nothing different from the norm). It didn't bother me at first, but looking constantly at my little pile of phones, tablets, and cables on my counter, all black with the one exception of this white cable and charger, made me decide to send an email to Samsung.

Part of their response:
". . . According to Samsung, color of the accessories will be designed specifically depending upon the model of the unit. The model number which you have purchased will be bundled with contrast color accessories to the Tablet. . . ."

Well, this sounds like a bunch of BS to me but, before I pursue it further, I would like to know if this is the norm for this tablet. Has anyone else gotten one like this, or are they all black/black and white/white? If it is BS,I will pursue it with a vengeance.

Thanks for your input.

The charger and cables are all white.....

WJThomas

Jan 20, 2012
The white cord looks too much like Apple crap. That said, the only thing uglier than a white cord is a white tablet/phone. At least they give a choice there.

warboat

Dec 20, 2005
Melbourne
2x Note 3 here, 1 white, 1 black, both came with white chargers and cables.
My black Note10 came with white cable and charger too.

DavidLD

May 8, 2011
Thanks all. Looks like the Note comes only with white charger and cable. But what should we expect for a mere $530? :mad:
I'd like to hear from anyone who actually got a black charger/cable.

WJThomas

Jan 20, 2012
Whats bad about a white cable or charger?

Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.

Geordie Affy

Oct 21, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Nothing at all if you don't mind being mistaken for an Apple fanboy. I bought my note for what it could do, not for the social value of being seen with it. It is bad enough explaining to the sheep that it is not an iPad, I don't need white cables to confuse them more.

Ah right, well tbf I have a blue and yellow Frieq cable so people are confused more than anything else haha. But yeah, as I fly a lot, the security always say "can you please take your iPad out of the case" kinda bugs me a little.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.

Reactions: WJThomas

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
All of the black Samsung stuff comes with a white cable and charger these days. They used to be black when they were still using a proprietary charging port like on the original note tablet but no more. ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DavidLD

May 8, 2011
Well, I suppose that settles it. Just because Samsung is expensive doesn't mean that their product isn't cheap.
So I need to pick my battles, and this isn't going to be one of them.
Thanks to all who responded.

Yosuncle

Jun 17, 2014
I have a black charger

When I bought my note it did in fact have the white charger and wire. However, when I purchased my galaxy S4 Active (phone from att&t), it came with a black charger and wire that matched the output of the tablet charger...:D

Brewbud

Feb 6, 2011
So Cal
My Note 10.1 also came with a white charger but my wife's Note 8 and Note 3 both came with black chargers and cables.

Svartsyn333

Dec 28, 2011
Bochum
S3 red came with black charger but white headset, P605 white came with white charger.

Sent from my ? using my ?.

eburner

May 21, 2014
I hear ya!

Part of their response:

Thanks for your input.
I too got a black tablet, but with the white charger and cable, I also got a bulky adapter for European countries, which is awkward to use in a standard US wall outlet. My tablet came from Singapore through eBay, but shouldn't they be color matched, as well as matched with the proper wall outlet? That was somewhat annoying, especially when the bulky adapter kept wanting to come loose from the plug in outlet. To make matters worse, I was stuck with Singapore time, until I got it changed when getting service through t-mobile. Maybe they should consider the customer first, and make the necessary changes in accordance with where the device will be sent and used. That would be nice, and show more consideration of the customer than just making another sale!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ah right, well tbf I have a blue and yellow Frieq cable so people are confused more than anything else haha. But yeah, as I fly a lot, the security always say "can you please take your iPad out of the case" kinda bugs me a little.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.