Jumping from ColorOS to CM11S

Search This thread

flaming homer

Apr 16, 2009
omg...sorry i'm noob to this CM11S OS types between these 2 come across. can you elaborate in layman a bit more ? (e.g. "plain signed mode" is what?), also the one URL link you provided, has the same file naming too. Hence, i'm getting confused. :eek:

Follow the gizchina guide http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/01/how-to-insall-cm11s-on-oneplus-one/

The part where it says to use the "cm-11.0-XNPH22R-bacon-signed.zip" file, follow my link and for the latest factory image, which is "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip"

The links you've provided earlier are "-fastboot" which doesn't work with the gizchina method

Micheal1122

Jun 22, 2014
Fl
I have Chinese version of OPO but am failing to do all this, since am an new to Androids.

I'd appreciate big time if you could teach, step wise, simply how to flash CM 11S over Color OS, unlock boot loader, root, install SU, updated it over OTA etc.

My computers are running W7 32bit.

Hoping to hear from you,

Thanks.

sppoo

Nov 19, 2012
I have Chinese version of OPO but am failing to do all this, since am an new to Androids.

I'd appreciate big time if you could teach, step wise, simply how to flash CM 11S over Color OS, unlock boot loader, root, install SU, updated it over OTA etc.

My computers are running W7 32bit.

Hoping to hear from you,

Thanks.
try this?? :cyclops:

http://goo.gl/IKcJhh

Reactions: Micheal1122

sppoo

Nov 19, 2012
Follow the gizchina guide http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/01/how-to-insall-cm11s-on-oneplus-one/

The part where it says to use the "cm-11.0-XNPH22R-bacon-signed.zip" file, follow my link and for the latest factory image, which is "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip"

The links you've provided earlier are "-fastboot" which doesn't work with the gizchina method

the file i tried w/o success. "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip". the installation progress prompted "failed".
i already done the usb debugging mode; enable unknown source. poweroff and boot up as vol down/power button.

Micheal1122

Jun 22, 2014
Fl
the file i tried w/o success. "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip". the installation progress prompted "failed".
i already done the usb debugging mode; enable unknown source. poweroff and boot up as vol down/power button.

Which file should I use......... bacon signed fastbootzip?

What method do you use to flash CM 11S over Color OS?

Thanks.

Micheal1122

Jun 22, 2014
Fl
The link he's provided already has the fastboot room built in the toolkit, no need for any other downloads

You mean cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed-fastboot already in http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/development/toolkit-oneplus-one-easy-toolkit-unlock-t2804322 ?

Thanks.

How to Use / others possibilities

To perform another operation, do the same by choosing the desired action. Here is the list of others operations you can perform using the Easy OnePlus One ToolKit :

Double click on the desired file in the folder to launch the operation
Unlock Bootloader - Unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus One

Install CM 11s Build XNPH22R - Install the Official firmware CyanogenMod 11S
Install-TWRP 2.7.1.0 - Installs TWRP custom recovery v2.7.1.0
Install-TWRP-2.7.0.0 - Installs TWRP custom recovery v2.7.1.0
Install-Philz-recovery - Install the custom recovery Philz-recovery (Recommended)
Install-CWM - Install the custom recovery CWM
Install-Original-Recovery - Install the recovery Stock

Nxpx

Dec 3, 2009
OK I successfully upgraded from colorOs to cm11s via recovery image from cyan website but now every time i try to make a call it force closes and I cant make any calls at all :(

jvanzeijst

Nov 28, 2007
worked!

hey guys,

Just to inform you my leap from colorOS to CM11s worked!

I have a 64gb white OPO china import, and what i did was taking the original rom
"cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip" and renamed it "Update.zip" than stuck it into phones storage root folder!

powered off > then reboot while holding power and volume down to enter stock recovery..then update from SD and selected the Update.zip..

let it run the process and afterwards> first cleared cache and user data before reboot> rebooted and oila!!

full stock cm11s rom and all 64gb are available..not sure on 4g LTE as i don't got that in my contract!

Feel free to try, but don't blame me! its your own risk!
but i bed since i didn't do any crazy stuff to it , its the safest way!? not sure how to go back to ColorOS again, but to me that's completely unnecessary ..

goodluck!

r4pito

Feb 16, 2011
No 4g Connection

hey guys im from melbourne australia and i have the chinese version of opo. when i got it it had colour os on it and i was able to pick up 4g but since ive switched to cm11s i cant pick up any 4g. Any Help Please?

strazzaque

Aug 11, 2014
Closer to home

hey guys im from melbourne australia and i have the chinese version of opo. when i got it it had colour os on it and i was able to pick up 4g but since ive switched to cm11s i cant pick up any 4g. Any Help Please?

Hi, you'll find a more sympathetic lot in the Whirlpool OPO thread as well. I am unable to post a link as I have not clocked up 10 posts yet.
We're mostly Aussies. I have a similar problem but cannot call using 4g

slainer68

Jun 8, 2012
Paris
I've done this.
Now when I try to install TWRP, it writes OK in my terminal :

Code:
09:45  $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12260 KB)...
OKAY [  0.387s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.171s]
finished. total time: 0.558s

But when I boot into recovery, the default Cyanogenmod is still installed. Tried 3 times without success. What should I do?

Reactions: rani9990

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom
I've done this.
Now when I try to install TWRP, it writes OK in my terminal :

Code:
09:45  $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12260 KB)...
OKAY [  0.387s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.171s]
finished. total time: 0.558s

But when I boot into recovery, the default Cyanogenmod is still installed. Tried 3 times without success. What should I do?
Accidental thanks whoops. And you need to go to developer options and uncheck "Update cm recovery" then redo the flash recovery.

gbbaran

Mar 24, 2012
Downgrade from 33% to 25R?

Hi,

I am currently on 33R right now and would like to go back to 25R. I have TWRP installed and have downloaded the XNPH25R Bacon Signed.Zip for installing via Recovery.

1) Can anyone give me instructions or link on how to go about it? (Back Up, Wipe, Install zip etc)
2) Will I get OTA Updates after installing the Zip?
3) Do I have to install Google apps separately or is it all contained in the ROM Zip? If yes, then an XDA Link for the Gapps.zip file would help...

Waiting for your answers!!!

TjPhysicist

Dec 23, 2007
Just want to ask a question my Chinese one is on the way. I am in India. If I change to cm11s will I be able to use 3g here?

Nexus 5/PA 4.4 RC 2/ElementalX v1.00

I did not follow ALL the steps in the OP, I just flashed custom recovery and then flashed my ROM (I'm on PA, but you could just flash cm11s this way too I'm sure). This of course meanse that the logo screen and fastboot/bootloader is still chinese version, but meh - I have a general rule about flashing to the non system/data partitions, it's VERY risky. This ALSO means radio is from original chinese version...which I assume is how it should be, flashing international radio will likely not work I'd think (I don't see the instructions as having 'flash radio' as part of it tho, I could be wrong).

To answer your question; I'm using Airtel in bangalore and getting 3G, HSPA AND HSPA+ (the last one I never got with my N5), works perfectly.

Mastiha

Feb 6, 2005
Sydney
www.gameon.net.au

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest update. Courtesy of my bro at Hardwarezone forums.

Originally Posted by kzhijian:
    Hello all brothers!
    as some may know here, I've received my set from MRC and flashed CM11S on it (while retaining 64GB)

Here's the steps.
    Download the flash image from http://d-h.st/qe5
    Please prepare your tools of adb/flashtool as well.

Once done, do the following:
    -Enable developer options
    -Enable USB debugging

Open command prompt and access the adb/flashtool directory, run these command:
    -adb reboot bootloader

Once in flashmode, run:
    -fastboot oem unlock

At this point your phone will prompt you that phone data will be wiped, select confirm.

Go back to the phone and enable USB debugging again and reboot with adb:
    -adb reboot bootloader

Now, here's the main flashing, ensure that the downloaded flash image are in the same directory as your adb/flashtool, then run the following commands:

-fastboot flash boot boot.img
    -fastboot flash system system.img
    -fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    -fastboot flash cache cache.img
    -fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    -fastboot flash sbl1 sbl1.mbn
    -fastboot flash dbi sdi.mbn
    -fastboot flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn
    -fastboot flash rpm rpm.mbn
    -fastboot flash tz tz.mbn
    -fastboot flash LOGO logo.bin
    -fastboot reboot

and tadah! Your phone is officially CM11S, congratulations!

[/B]
    It helped a little bit but the new problem has came immediately ( metalcoreshop.cz/upload/files/screenshot.414.jpg ). I don't understand why is there written that device is offline because it is nonsense -> I can access phone storage in the computer ( metalcoreshop.cz/upload/files/screenshot.416.jpg ).

Any other idea? Thank you

Try the following:
    - Restart the phone
    - Updating adb
    - Use different USB ports/cables

Edit: You don't really need to use adb here, as long as fastboot connection is working. Turn the phone off then hold power + volume up. The phone should enter fastboot mode. Then from your command prompt run "fastboot devices". It will display your devices serial number if it's working properly. If it does, you should be able to continue with the fastboot commands listed in the OP without any problems.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app
    worked!

hey guys,

Just to inform you my leap from colorOS to CM11s worked!

I have a 64gb white OPO china import, and what i did was taking the original rom
    "cm-11.0-XNPH25R-bacon-signed.zip" and renamed it "Update.zip" than stuck it into phones storage root folder!

powered off > then reboot while holding power and volume down to enter stock recovery..then update from SD and selected the Update.zip..

let it run the process and afterwards> first cleared cache and user data before reboot> rebooted and oila!!

full stock cm11s rom and all 64gb are available..not sure on 4g LTE as i don't got that in my contract!

Feel free to try, but don't blame me! its your own risk!
    but i bed since i didn't do any crazy stuff to it , its the safest way!? not sure how to go back to ColorOS again, but to me that's completely unnecessary ..

goodluck!
    Has anyone tried this?

Mine is on the way and this sounds like a far better solution.

here you go: http://www.gizchina.com/2014/07/01/how-to-insall-cm11s-on-oneplus-one/
    thanks for the answer.

could you give the link for the thread. i could not find the thread related with my problem.

thnx again.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2879061