[MOD]2010.05.04-ADW.Launcher, now with... a lot of things

Search This thread

Sleeepy2

Dec 9, 2009
Toronto
You can do that but developer recommends not to. Better is to go into CM performance setting and lock home in ran (not sure of exact name but it is something like that)

Sent from my Dream/Sapphire using XDA Premium App

amiraras

Apr 6, 2010
Update requested!!!

Hi,

:eek:Request:
Is there a way you can come with an update which can keep the phone app and its service related stuffs in the memory to have it run "a lot quicker" (Just like the home or massaging app that can be kept in memory!!!)

:pReason:
Try this for yourself and see...

:rolleyes:As long as I use the original "Gingerbread Launcher" in my Mytouch 3g gingreyoshi 1.2 (2.3.4) my <phone app> pops up anywhere between <instantly to 2 seconds> (Fully).
BUT as soon as I switch to your ADW-EX Launcher it takes anywhere between 3-5 Seconds to load up (Fully).

:)My Understanding was:
Your Launcher is far more complete and heavier than the "Stuck Gingerbread Launcher"; causing the system to force Close the phone app and its related services like "Android Core Apps" service and such!!!

:cool:Solution:
Trying to keep the phone app and its related services in the memory to keep it from getting killed by the system.

:rolleyes: Conclusion:
Your Launcher will be remained the best.;)

Appreciated,
Amir.

discos7u

Feb 2, 2006
Essex
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to organise apps/icons within a folder? I like to keep them in order A-Z - but if I install a new app it looks like I have to just start again...

Any ideas?

Cheers!

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
So a friend of mine talked me into coming back to ADW after a stint with LP.

I will admit that ADW Ex feels much more nimble now and I am very happy with that.

I have a problem though.
I run MIUI for my rom and LOVE its theme function. Every part of the theme transfers into ADW except the Icons. It really kind of bugging me that half of my icons are themed properly and the other half get switched to ADWs default icons. This did not use to happen. It seems as though version 1.3.3 broke something.

Is there a any way to change this back, or maybe just add the function to not use ANY ADW Icon themes?

Here is the MIUI thread discussing this.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?730-MIUI-and-ADW

devil-77

Dec 22, 2009
Hello,

i use ADW EX Launcher and i could not find any option to dissable the label background for the icon text on homescreen.
Can anybody help with this?

isotoper

Apr 6, 2011
Hi,
How do I control the animation speed of launching an application ?
When can I find it in the settings ?

Thanks!

gandalf15

Jun 27, 2009
ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3 on Desire Z (stock 2.3.3) not workig propertly
issues
phone reboots every 1-2h, widgets freeze,

and sugestion
category in appdrawer totaly unapplicable, it works very slow, names of category are visible 2-3s to late (i'm in category names 'dddd' and i can see a label from category 'aaaa')
more usefull are folders (for example like go launcher)

Javi22

Feb 26, 2011
Madrid
Can I make suggestions for this great app here? Ok lets try...: You can think about making a tasker plugin that choose what group of apps show on apps list. Do you understand....? :p I mean, include tasker integration for the groups of app list

nepotu

Mar 13, 2011
Bucharest
www.nepotu.ro
So a friend of mine talked me into coming back to ADW after a stint with LP.

I will admit that ADW Ex feels much more nimble now and I am very happy with that.

I have a problem though.
I run MIUI for my rom and LOVE its theme function. Every part of the theme transfers into ADW except the Icons. It really kind of bugging me that half of my icons are themed properly and the other half get switched to ADWs default icons. This did not use to happen. It seems as though version 1.3.3 broke something.

Is there a any way to change this back, or maybe just add the function to not use ANY ADW Icon themes?

Here is the MIUI thread discussing this.
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?730-MIUI-and-ADW

I second this. I've been using MIUI ROM for a while with the normal ADW Launcher (free version) and I've been able to theme icons through MIUI Theme manager, but since I've upgraded to ADW Launcher Ex it's no longer possible to do so. Is there any workaround to overcome this or we should wait for an updated ADW Ex version?

Freemantig

Aug 16, 2010
Oklahoma
android 3.2 fix please.

using adw ex and ivwasbwondering if there are any plans for 3.2 support. I can't use it since my transformer updated. When you go to adw settings they're missing. Just blank boxes.

Ferrari353

Mar 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Why does the dev never respond to emails? I've sent him 2 so far without response, and one of them was a week ago. I've read in reviews that he doesn't respond to anyone's emails. I want a refund because it barely does anything better than the free version...How can I contact him?

0_saya_0

Jun 16, 2009
Can anyone help with creating a theme? I followed the tutorial everything compiles fine so far. APK is on my phone and I see the standard template theme. Now I wanted to add a icon. Only problem is that when I choose my icon pack I get a force close.

What might be my problem?

Skilover

Jan 25, 2008
The way the color works in the drawer, the only color that really can be dark is black. For example, no way to do dark purple, because to get the "alpha" to cover the background, it ends up the color wheel color, and those are not dark colors--other than black. It would work better with a full color selection chart, that included darkness, and then the alpha control separate.

xillius200

Nov 10, 2009
Bordon, Hampshire, UK
Why does the dev never respond to emails? I've sent him 2 so far without response, and one of them was a week ago. I've read in reviews that he doesn't respond to anyone's emails. I want a refund because it barely does anything better than the free version...How can I contact him?

Thats gonna be hard lol when he first started he responded to loads of emails but with the number of emails he gets now he never has chance to check them anymore. What I can suggest though if old anderwebs still uses it lol is to hit him up on twitter you may most likely get a word out of him on their. Well more luck than sending him a pm here lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AnderWeb, you may want to edit the OP to say that this will NOT work on TheOfficial TMO Roms (only AOSP, unless someone reported ADP working)
    Please add a note to the main post warning JIT users that they might have to re/un-install the JIT to get the Launcher working.
    If you're using JIT, you should remove JIT, flash launcher, then reinstall JIT. That's not my launcher fault, is the Jit behaviour messing dalvik-cache...

Ok, time to edit the introduction stuff :)
    This thing is being done completely as a "learning/having some fun" project, and is my FIRST "javandroid" thing so may contain a lot of bugs, may crash your fridge, may overheat your microwave, and so on.
    ATM i have no "team collab" on this, i'm doing the most out of myself, and "myself" is a very limited person, so don't expect miracles :)
    If someone wanna help, please tweet me!
    Also if anyone wants to donate me to buying ice-creams for my son, do it here

Here are some screenshots :)
    shot1.png
    shot2.png
    shot3.png

shot4.png
    shot5.png
    shot6.png

shot7.png
    shot8.png
    shot9.png

There are 2 main "branches" of this mod:
    • the 0.6.x branch is (and always will be) for Android 1.6 donut ONLY.
    • the 0.7x branch is for Android 2.1 eclair and will grow up.
    At the moment the Eclair branch is considered EXPERIMENTAL/UNSTABLE and is not a *proper* port, neither has the right support for different screen sizes/resolutions, so use at your own risk

Installation method:
    • Put the ADW.Launcher.zip into the root of your sdcard.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • NANDROID (just be cautious :) )
    • Flash the file.

Changelog, Downloads & usage instructions/information
    Check them here

NOTICE
    Some settings will force launcher to shutdown itself after aplying, so if your launcher shuts off on settings exit, you should "relaunch" it pressing your home phisical button.

Theme-related things
    This thing is not "themed", it uses default highlight colours, etc, so if you're using a themed launcher or a themed rom, it will overwrite it and you'll loose those changes.
    Solutions:
    • Ask your themer/rom dev to change this launcher images.
    • Try using metamorphs out there to change it yourself

Metamorphs

NOTE "Githubbed", hope is everything allright... my first time using source control systems...
    AnderWeb's Github
    I've uploaded a 0.3b cause i forgot to change some landscape mode graphics :) Sorry!
    Nice Work!

Try to flash, flash ok, reboot ok, ... don't work...... :(
    A lot of FC.....

Restore nandroid.... ok.

I'll wait the next release.....

Bye
    Idk

How many screens do you have in your actual setup?
    I've heard having more than 5 makes the fc party when flashing things like this.
    7 screen, i'm using adv launcher from Binary theme, if this is the problem i'll wait the next release.....

Tia
    Idk

Ok, then you have 2 options:
    1-remove 2 screens on your adv.launcher, then flash :)
    2-wait till i can merge this onto adv.launcher if i ever can :)

gl!
    It's a great launcher, the only suggestions I have for changes are very minor:
    • Add dividing lines between LAB, menu and RAB
    • Remove scrollbar from app menu
    • Increase RAB and LAB icon size to match default Froyo
    + 1111 Agree on this.