MMS Help & BT MMS Settings

Search This thread
B

beartard

Here's what I have. Seems to work for me.

Three GPRS connections:
one to WAP network
one to Work
another to WAP network for MMS
all point to wap.voicestream.com

Two proxies:
WAP Network to Internet 216.155.165.50:8080, HTTP
Work to Internet (same settings)

MMSC:
http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
WAP network
Wap 2.0

Now that I look at it typed like this, the GPRS connection for MMS might not be necessary since the MMSC settings point to WAP network as well. But since everything's working, I'm not gonna touch it. Hope this helps someone lurking around. I've got working web, MMS, and both yahoo and gmail on imap.

Last edited:

UncleMike1

Apr 14, 2008
Need some info with MMS setting on ricky's rom.

OK, heres the deal. When i set up all of my mms setting via a tutorial for t-mobile rom it told me to set the max send limit to 300k. The problem is that ricky's rom will only let me set that to 100k. is there a way to change this setting via the registry or something? Thanks for the help in advance.

B

beartard

jdoggraz originally said here

Use REGISTRY EDITOR UNDER TOOLS FOLDER OK.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit

change recvlimit1 through 3 to 307200
and sendlimit1 through 5 to 307200

then go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSC Setting\SampleMMSC

Once in here, go to WAP1SendDefaultSize and change the value to 307200. Do the same for WAP2SendDefaultSize and WAP1recvdefault as well

This should work for you, and I am assuming you are using T Mobile is that correct?

outerdepth

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2008
Memphis
HUH?

I might be having a noob moment, but why did you pick these values.
I don't know what I have differently than you on my phone, but I'm running Ricky's v23 ROM, and my settings are as follows:

recvlimit1,2,3=1024000
sendlimit1=40960
sendlimit2=51200
sendlimit3=61440
sendlimit4=81920
sendlimit5=102400

also under my

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSC Setting\SampleMMSC

folder I have the WAP1SendDefaultSize and WAP2SendDefaultSize but no mention of a WAP1recvdefault anywhere in there. Also my values that I have for the WAP1... and WAP2... are 307200, the same as yours.

All I am saying is that I wonder where you get these figures. Are these optimal settings? Are they just the settings you have for your phone, what gives? Just curious.Also, can you explain what these values represent?:cool:

jdoggraz originally said here

Use REGISTRY EDITOR UNDER TOOLS FOLDER OK.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\UI\SizeLimit

change recvlimit1 through 3 to 307200
and sendlimit1 through 5 to 307200

then go to

Once in here, go to WAP1SendDefaultSize and change the value to 307200. Do the same for WAP2SendDefaultSize and WAP1recvdefault as well

This should work for you, and I am assuming you are using T Mobile is that correct?

B

beartard

I was quoting from jdoggraz. The values listed are the ones for each of the selections in the settings dropdown menu. They represent the limits in bytes (1024B=1kB). Beyond that, I have to confess ignorance.

UncleMike1

Apr 14, 2008
I don't know what I have differently than you on my phone, but I'm running Ricky's v23 ROM, and my settings are as follows:

recvlimit1,2,3=1024000
sendlimit1=40960
sendlimit2=51200
sendlimit3=61440
sendlimit4=81920
sendlimit5=102400

also under my

folder I have the WAP1SendDefaultSize and WAP2SendDefaultSize but no mention of a WAP1recvdefault anywhere in there. Also my values that I have for the WAP1... and WAP2... are 307200, the same as yours.

All I am saying is that I wonder where you get these figures. Are these optimal settings? Are they just the settings you have for your phone, what gives? Just curious.Also, can you explain what these values represent?:cool:

I know that is weird how ur version of RR was already correct and mine wasn't. hhmmm . Well, either way it worked and thats cool. I'll make sure to try ur #s as well to see if i can tell where the differences are.

prelude91sit

Feb 20, 2008
ive got my aol mail working i even sent a 2mb video through it using proxy. pie and opera mini work. but i can send mms but cant receive them. i sent myself 2 and never got them. its sendin them i get the conformation and everything also sent one to a friend and they got it. if i hit the menu, send/recieve tap under mms it will say error syncronizing everytime. just never recieve them. my mms settings are like everybody else with the port 8080. i also only have one t mobile data gprs connection that every thing else works fine off of. any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

alltime

Apr 14, 2006
MMS issues

I'm not sure if i'm missing something but my Dash has never automatically played MMS audio when opened, even when there is a picture that loads. I always have to save the audio and play it separately through Media Player. Is there a setting that can be changed?

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm not sure if i'm missing something but my Dash has never automatically played MMS audio when opened, even when there is a picture that loads. I always have to save the audio and play it separately through Media Player. Is there a setting that can be changed?

Mine did that ONCE after I flashed Kavana's 080408 ROM. Make sure your MMS and Internet are configured correctly. In my sig, locate the "T-Mobile Wireless Configurations" link. After clicking it, follow the directions to configure your MMS and Internet. Afterwards, reboot and have someone send you a test MMS.

B

beartard

You're using the $5.99 plan and you only have one GPRS connection. That would be a good place to start looking. Now, start looking. There are several sets of settings known to work in most areas, one right above your two posts. There are also some in the wiki for this forum. You might not have everybody jumping all over the question because everyone knows the answers are right in front of you.

Scarface610

Jun 9, 2008
MMS error/problems

after installing kavana roms and i cant send mms and i have configure my t mobile wireless config and it still didnt work can any help me out

i used this config

Setting up the handset

On the handset, press Start.
Scroll to Settings and press the center button.
Scroll to Connections and press the center button.
Scroll to GPRS and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Add and press the center button.
Scroll to Description and enter T-Mo MMS.
Scroll to Connects to and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
Scroll to Access point and enter wap.voicestream.com.
Scroll to User name and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
Scroll to Password and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
Press Done twice.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Advanced and press the center button.
Scroll to WAP connection and scroll horizontally to T-Mo MMS.
Press Done.
Press the red End Call button.

Setting up the MMS profile

Scroll to Messaging and press the center button.
Scroll to MMS and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Options and press the center button.
Scroll to Account Settings and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to MMSC Settings and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to New and press the center button.
Scroll to Name and enter T-Mo MMS.
Scroll to MMSC URL and enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms.
Scroll to WAP gateway and enter 216.155.165.050.
Scroll to Port and enter 8080.
Scroll to Connect via and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
Press Done.
Scroll to T-Mo MMS and press Menu.
Scroll to Set as Default and press the center button.
Press the red End Call button to return to the main screen.
The handset is now configured for Multimedia Messages.

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
after installing kavana roms and i cant send mms and i have configure my t mobile wireless config and it still didnt work can any help me out

i used this config

Setting up the handset

Scroll to Settings and press the center button.
Scroll to Connections and press the center button.
Scroll to GPRS and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Add and press the center button.
Scroll to Description and enter T-Mo MMS.
Scroll to Connects to and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
Scroll to Access point and enter wap.voicestream.com.
Scroll to User name and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
Scroll to Password and enter . Otherwise leave this field blank.
Press Done twice.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Advanced and press the center button.
Scroll to WAP connection and scroll horizontally to T-Mo MMS.
Press Done.
Press the red End Call button.

Setting up the MMS profile

Scroll to Messaging and press the center button.
Scroll to MMS and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to Options and press the center button.
Scroll to Account Settings and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to MMSC Settings and press the center button.
Press Menu.
Scroll to New and press the center button.
Scroll to Name and enter T-Mo MMS.
Scroll to MMSC URL and enter http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms.
Scroll to WAP gateway and enter 216.155.165.050.
Scroll to Port and enter 8080.
Scroll to Connect via and scroll horizontally to WAP Network.
Press Done.
Scroll to T-Mo MMS and press Menu.
Scroll to Set as Default and press the center button.
Press the red End Call button to return to the main screen.
The handset is now configured for Multimedia Messages.

Instead of creating a new thread on this subject, it might've been better if you had searched for a thread that already addressed this issue. Just FYI... But as far as your situation goes...did you reboot after making these changes?

Scarface610

Jun 9, 2008
yea i reboot but still no luck but i have search for a thread and i havent came up wit anything ive been search for a thread for about 2 hrs now

B

beartard

Just in case someone else looks, would you care to explain how you got it?