Photon working with LapDock!

Search This thread

waterwalk

Dec 8, 2011
Lapdock for sale

PM me if anyone is interested. Moded for use with the photon. I just haven't been using it and could use the cash.

srkelley

Apr 5, 2012
Who here is running CM9 and using the lapdock? I am having to do a battery pull every time I disconnect it. On the bright side, I got Ubuntu installed and it's pretty cool.

I know that our phones aren't power houses but how does web browsing with music a full desktop mail client running work out? (if you can try it). I ordered my lapdock last Friday from 1saleaday for $60 and I've decided that I might as well make do this the right way!

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
I don't know if I'd try it with music going.. it's pretty laggy as is just running ubuntu and I OC to help.

joeminati

Dec 23, 2009
Question. Has anyone tried using the Lapdock with the ICS Port? Does it work fine and such?

onree

Apr 20, 2008
I finally got an Atrix lapdock from the most recent 1saleaday promotion ... went through (the very good) instructions for modding for the Photon -- and now when I plug in the phone, the phone switches to "kickstand mode". When I open the Lapdock ... nothing happens. Suggestions? Tried with one rooted Photon (mine) and one stock (wife's).

ronj75

Dec 16, 2011
Has anyone found the cables cheaper than all4cellular??
I'm contemplating just taking a 4 dollar micro hdmi male cable from monoprice and the female connector from mouser electronics for 2bucks and soldering my own together..
I just cant see WHY that one cable is 20 bucks. or both for 30

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
I don't see the need for cables. Works fine without.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

jdmr777

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks

I followed your steps and it works like a charm. Thanks for the help, I am typing on it now. So far a very good experience with the lap dock. Thanks again.

ccrooks

Sep 22, 2011
so, I see the dock on sale on amazon.com for $75. Is it worth it to buy? It'd totally be an unessential toy, but it'd be nice to be able to use 4G in a laptop-like format away from home. I've got some amazon credits that I can use, so it'd essentially be free, i'm just trying to figure out how useful it would be.

are there restrictions on which apps can run (i've never even used the HD dock)?

faiz23

Jul 13, 2007
Whats up suckers.....look what I got for a cool $54

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
What can be done to resolve the this device is not compatible error in the notification menu?

Etboost

Oct 9, 2011
NY
just got Lapdock of 1saleaday. modded and it works fine. not sure if its my Lapdock, but "@" symbol in the wrong spot, not over "2" key, its on " ' " key. but, but works when SHIFT+2 pressed....confusing....

JetSurly

Jan 6, 2012
So I assume this will also work with the Atrix 2?

I just ordered the original Atrix Lapdock, so I am praying I can use this lapdock with my Atrix 2 instead of having to fork over more money for the Lapdock 100

deadhp1

Dec 31, 2011
I picked up a couple of bionic lapdocks when they were on sale for 49.99 plus tax.
I have to say it works great with no mods.
My photon just sits a little to the right of the dock.
I can't wait to try out the lapdocks with my raspberry pi(if it ever gets here).

Etboost

Oct 9, 2011
NY
hi there
got my Lapdock, modded it and it work fine. I have Defender case, so do not want to remove it every time to use it. Bougth micro usb and micro hdmi extension cables and its not working now. It does powers Lapdock, but displays big Motorola logo like a screen saver and its not going into webtop mode. If I only plug micro hdmi, lapdock works as external monitor only. Phone is bone stock and everything works fine if pluged in directly into Lapdock. Any ideas???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** UPDATED WITH PICS **

I just got a LapDock from an AT&T store thinking I can mess with it to make it work with my Photon. After disassembling the docking connector, I found that there are 2 separate connectors for the ports, which is awesome. This allowed me to manipulate them into position to fit my MoPho. Plugged it up, and it fired right up like the HD dock for the TV. I'm writing this post from it now, it's pretty cool! I plan on putting up some pics in a bit showing the connections. I'll delve into the device more fully later, but this accessory will work with the Photon fully! No limitations (at least, not in my limited testing)
    the connectors can be routed under and behind the LapDock so that the Photon lays on the table. I want to figure out a way to rearrange the connectors to hold the Photon like it should, in the dock normally. Webtop fires up and operates as it does on the HD Station.
    pop open the connector, its just clicked together at this point. unscrew the metal clip holding the individual connectors to the chassis. the individual connectors can now be manipulated into position for the Photon.
    Close up of the Photon HD Dock vs the LapDock. You can see the difference in orientation
    The Dock connector needs to be flipped out, then can be opened by removing a screw on each side under a small flat cover.