[CWM][FASTBOOT][OTA Fix] Fixed Radios FC12 FD02 for Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Nexus CM Blog: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Radio Images
  • Fix OTA upgrade to FD02 with these *fixed* FC12 radio images.
  • If you run CM9, AOKP, CNA or other custom Android, you may will want to flash directly to FD02.
Thanks to considerable help from winner00 and testers in channel freenode #gn-sprint we managed to figure out the real cause of the OTA upgrade failures plaguing us. We also have extracted and thoroughly tested fastboot and CWM/TWRP flashable .zip's of both FC12 and FD02 radios in the link above. The Nexus CM blog will maintain vigorously tested fastboot and flashable .zip's for all current and future toroplus radio firmware.

What broke OTA?
In short, this was the forum community's fault. :(
The initial leaked FC12 factory restore has a LTE radio image that does not match the radio that shipped on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. As a result, the FD02 OTA upgrade fails. Please stop bothering Sprint stores for phone repairs/replacements.. Fortunately you can now easily fix these issues with the heavily tested downloads available from the link above. :D Please verify the md5sums before you attempt to flash with either fastboot, CWM or TWRP.

Follow the CyanogenMod Sprint Galaxy Nexus Google+ page for the latest development news and to interact with the developers!.

Last edited:

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
Don't want to clutter the thread with thanks and +1's but, u know...... this works and works well. I will no longer flash leaked radios, lol.
The sprint gnex community is growing daily, yay.

q.money06

Aug 21, 2011
Flashed both CDMA and LTE radios in fastboot. Everything works great! Wish they would open up LTE here in Dallas! Probably going to flash CM9. I miss CM since I got rid of the EVO! :cool:

Reactions: DatDude123

dangambino

Feb 2, 2010
baltimore
Real happy to see these great devs including op and mod from the epic community now working on this amazing device. Really in love with it. Pretty sad, I know. Good to know I'm not alone though. :)

Coycaine

Sep 17, 2011
Reno, NV
Thanks for this Wayne. Should be very helpful to a lot of us! Works great!

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using xda premium

joypunk

Jun 5, 2010
What broke OTA?
The initial leaked FC12 factory restore has a LTE radio image that does not match the radio that shipped on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. As a result, the FD02 OTA upgrade fails. Please stop bothering Sprint stores for phone repairs/replacements.. Fortunately you can now easily fix these issues with the heavily tested downloads available from the link above. :D Please verify the md5sums before you attempt to flash with either fastboot, CWM or TWRP.

For what it's worth, I have a stock phone with unlocked bootloader and root and the OTA fails for me. I never flashed the FC12 radios, I never flashed any ROMs. I got the OTA yesterday and it fails with Status 7.

Surtr52

May 4, 2012
For what it's worth, I have a stock phone with unlocked bootloader and root and the OTA fails for me. I never flashed the FC12 radios, I never flashed any ROMs. I got the OTA yesterday and it fails with Status 7.

Same here, Stock sprint Gnex, Unlocked and rooted. But failed the OTA update.

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado

I had the same issue -- unlocked but never installed other radios, everything stock. I even went back to locked stock by odin and still couldn't get the OTA. I called Sprint and the guy told me to go to the store. The store tried the OTA and it failed. That tech told me they had an email that said many people had issues installing the OTA but they couldn't manually update until May 17th.

They ended up swapping the phone for me and we updated it right there in the store.

The bonus was that I had spent about $5 of my Google wallet money and when I set up the new phone I got the whole $10 again.

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Microsoft Surface Duo
I had the same issue -- unlocked but never installed other radios, everything stock. I even went back to locked stock by odin and still couldn't get the OTA. I called Sprint and the guy told me to go to the store. The store tried the OTA and it failed. That tech told me they had an email that said many people had issues installing the OTA but they couldn't manually update until May 17th.

They ended up swapping the phone for me and we updated it right there in the store.

The bonus was that I had spent about $5 of my Google wallet money and when I set up the new phone I got the whole $10 again.

You got lucky I cant see them replacing phones for that. The root method you used I would be curious about as well as it probably altered system files that were to be updated.

meatgel

Sep 9, 2007
Colorado
You got lucky I cant see them replacing phones for that. The root method you used I would be curious about as well as it probably altered system files that were to be updated.

I used the GNEX toolkit to root, so if that's the problem a lot more people would be having it. Plus I returned to stock with ODIN, wouldn't that put it back to stock with no altered system files?

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Microsoft Surface Duo
What I have been reading the radios were either corrupt or a different version that was originally shipped.I'm assuming the Odin radios were having the same issue. The official CM9 peeps have posted correct radios

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Microsoft Surface Duo
I was on Skank CM9 Kand with FD01 radios. I flashed these FD12 radios restored a stock nandroid I made and fastboot flashed a stock radio IMG it worked perfectly and I recieved the full update. Thanks

Odd issue im having after a fastboot oem unlock and a sucessful twrp 2.1.2 toro plus recovery flash it wont stick keeps reverting to stock recovery.
I did reboot into system before installing and then flash. I was even able to make a nandroid but after booting into recovery Im back on a stock recovery :/

any ideas
ty

Last edited:

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
I was on Skank CM9 Kand with FD01 radios. I flashed these FD12 radios restored a stock nandroid I made and fastboot flashed a stock radio IMG it worked perfectly and I recieved the full update. Thanks

Odd issue im having after a fastboot oem unlock and a sucessful twrp 2.1.2 toro plus recovery flash it wont stick keeps reverting to stock recovery.
I did reboot into system before installing and then flash. I was even able to make a nandroid but after booting into recovery Im back on a stock recovery :/

any ideas
ty

On the stock ROM there is a script that restores stock recovery upon reboot. I believe it's in /system named recovery-from-boot. Either erase that file or rename it to recovery-from-boot.bak.

Reactions: Paleryder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus CM Blog: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Radio Images
    • Fix OTA upgrade to FD02 with these *fixed* FC12 radio images.
    • If you run CM9, AOKP, CNA or other custom Android, you may will want to flash directly to FD02.
    Thanks to considerable help from winner00 and testers in channel freenode #gn-sprint we managed to figure out the real cause of the OTA upgrade failures plaguing us. We also have extracted and thoroughly tested fastboot and CWM/TWRP flashable .zip's of both FC12 and FD02 radios in the link above. The Nexus CM blog will maintain vigorously tested fastboot and flashable .zip's for all current and future toroplus radio firmware.

What broke OTA?

Follow the CyanogenMod Sprint Galaxy Nexus Google+ page for the latest development news and to interact with the developers!.
    Stickied for now. It will need to be maintained with future radios as well.
    Thanks
    FNM
    Flashed both CDMA and LTE radios in fastboot. Everything works great! Wish they would open up LTE here in Dallas! Probably going to flash CM9. I miss CM since I got rid of the EVO! :cool:
    I hardly ever actually "talk" on my GA02 flash, so I haven't had a chance to experience/test the static (yay Skype).

But, I can say that GA02 is best performing radio flash I've ever had.

Nearly instant "signal locks" when I enable data, on both 3G and 4G. I'm like, "that really wasn't that fast, was it?" And then I get an email notification a second later. Background: I leave my data off almost exclusively for battery (days on a single charge) and just use WiFi. I only enable data when I need it, like tethering on the train. Or, when I get a baby picture MMS'd to me. Tap the DATA and BAM, I got 3G/4G connection to download the MMS.

Lot more 4G towers on the 110+ mile commute (220+ miles round trip daily), to NYC on the Hudson Valley Metro North. I'm constantly on 4G, until I get to the city (even the Bronx has 4G! Why the hell doesn't NYC?).

For comparison, last week I flashed back to FH05 to test it on the same commute. I barely saw 4G near Croton Harmon (1/2 way) for about 5m, and that was it. Also, I had to wait 5-15s for a signal lock every time I enabled data upstate, on the train, and in the city. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

Went back to GA02 while on the train yesterday, cause I wasn't getting a signal, and after a reboot, BAM I had 4G.