Can not flash a ROM to a friends LG G2! (Sprint) (ZVC)

Search This thread

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Hello everyone, I need a little help.

Now I am not new to the rooting ordeal. I have been rooting ever since my old EVO 4G (yes, with those dreaded boot loaders.) My personal phone is running Paranoid Android RC2 (Optimus G) so I know about the standard wiping process for ROMs.

I have successfully rooted my friends G2 (Sprint) and I had TWRP on it, but the TWRP failed to make backups, so now I have Philz Touch (the custom CWM) on it and it backups fine.

My problem is when I try to flash a custom AOSP ROM, the phone only boots to the LG logo. My friend really wants Cyanogenmod on his phone but it refuses to boot. I have searched for an answer but have no idea. This is the first time I have been truly stumped. Other times after some work I figured it out but this one I do not get. Here are all the details:

Sprint LG G2 (LS980)
Kitkat Modem/Update (stock 4.4.2)
Stock ZVC
Rooted by the Autorec.apk. Root works just fine.
Philz touch recovery.
I have even found an AOSP modem you can flash in recovery, but that was no dice. Even messed up the backup on Philz and it wouldn't get past sprint screen until I flashed KK modem.
I have tried many different nightlys/Msnapshots and Mahdi ROM and it won't boot.

Is there something I am missing?
Thanks again for any help guys! :)

Last edited:

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
You have to be on ZV8 modem not sure if that's what you meant by aosp modem.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Whiplashh
T

TechGirl90

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue, I gave up on trying to install cyanogenmod after numerous failures, luckily there's a ROM out there based on cyanogenmod that will work with all Variants of the LG G2, I think your friend will enjoy this ROM.[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46907369

Sent from my LS980 running PA 4.4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk??

MeestaAytch

Aug 15, 2012
City of Angels
I would take @TechGirl90 suggestion. It's a great ROM that I run myself with the exact features to make full use of the g2 and make it the best phone you could ever have.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
Cool I've been wanting to try a different rom, hows battery compared to stock?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Cool I've been wanting to try a different rom, hows battery compared to stock?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I moved on to houstonns aospa build...couple things were broken in CM11. NFC is broke on aospa for the ls980 but I rarely use it. Battery isn't as good as stock I don't think but its hard to tell because I just moved to a new area and have no WiFi and the LTE is spotty.

also...no need for an old radio with aospa. I'm using the KK radio with this

Even with crappy signal I'm still managing about 5 hours SOT.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Thanks all! You guys really helped :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to be on ZV8 modem not sure if that's what you meant by aosp modem.