[Q] Unlocking a password protected ebook with a username/password on Android

Search This thread

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
I recently returned to school. Most of my reading material comes in password protected ebooks. When I opened it with Adobe Reader, I could not enter my username and password. Opens fine on my PC. I tried all the readers on the playstore , including Aldiko Book Reader, ezPDF Reader Multimedia PDF, RepliGo PDF Reader and many others. Repli allowed allowed to enter my username, but not the password. To my disappointment, I cannot read my materials on my Note 10.1 :( If anybody knows of an app or procedure to allow me to unlock password protected ebooks with ones username and password, it will be a great service for me and others in my situation. :)

vampiro

Mar 27, 2007
I recently returned to school. Most of my reading material comes in password protected ebooks. When I opened it with Adobe Reader, I could not enter my username and password. Opens fine on my PC. I tried all the readers on the playstore , including Aldiko Book Reader, ezPDF Reader Multimedia PDF, RepliGo PDF Reader and many others. Repli allowed allowed to enter my username, but not the password. To my disappointment, I cannot read my materials on my Note 10.1 :( If anybody knows of an app or procedure to allow me to unlock password protected ebooks with ones username and password, it will be a great service for me and others in my situation. :)
Hey LoopDoGG79,

This happened to me as well and I understand your frustration.

My solution was solved as following:

1. Download separate chapters (NOT the whole book) (for faster process)
2. Download and install BullZip Printer (Free PDF printer)
3. Open up your book chapter in Adobe Reader
4. Unlock your book, make sure it has "Remember my user name and password" CHECKED (future convenience)
5. Click continue to any JavaScript warning
6. With your chapter open in Adobe Reader, click the print button on top
7. Select your BullZip PDF Printer and click PRINT (Black & White, or Color under Properties, next to where you select the printer)
8. Browse where to save your book, DESKTOP is a good option.
9. You'll might get a copyright warning, but click YES here.

Ta-daaaa!!!!

Now you can open up your book in any PDF applications in your Phone, Tab or IOS device........

Sweet, isn't it?

Good luck and happy reading.

Reactions: LoopDoGG79

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
Hey LoopDoGG79,

4. Unlock your book, make sure it has "Remember my user name and password" CHECKED (future convenience)
7. Select your BullZip PDF Printer and click PRINT (Black & White, or Color under Properties, next to where you select the printer)

Ta-daaaa!!!!

Now you can open up your book in any PDF applications in your Phone, Tab or IOS device........

Sweet, isn't it?

Thanks for the excellent tip. Will this "print" the entire PDF and save the whole PDF on the desktop?

beachdrmr3369

Dec 10, 2014
Very Helpful!

Exactly...

Just try it out and find out for yourself where are the limitations.

Le us know what your results were....
Vampiro,
Thank you so much for posting the answer to a problem that I also have had with trying to open a password protected pdf on my tablet. Your solution will save me from going bald as I have tried for the last year to open my textbooks that are password protected. Thanks again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey LoopDoGG79,

Ta-daaaa!!!!

Sweet, isn't it?

Exactly...

Just try it out and find out for yourself where are the limitations.

Le us know what your results were....