[APP] - EZOverClock to 1.6 ghz

Search This thread

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Hi, demandarin, can you clarify for me that only the powersaving profile makes the screen not as crisp, and the balance and performance makes it crisp again. Thank you!

yes, this is correct. this is what Asus intended. when device is put into powersavings mode, the Max frequency is 1Ghz. to use the least amount of power as possible. only to use what's needed. in addition Asus implemented some kind of technology called Dynamic Display something something..lol this gradually decreases the contrast and sharpness quality of the screen. this is done to save even more power. it'll look as if the brightness went down even further but more to it than just that. this only occurs in powersavings mode in Asus stock settings. I think it still does it on this overclock app since the 1Ghz speed was left at powersavings mode. you can go to Asus site n read up more on this screen power saving technology they using. even in powersavings mode you can watch movies oR play games just fine. the screen quality isn't degraded during those.

Reactions: kwazytazz

Hasan10

Oct 20, 2009
I am using OS Monitor to see various stats and other stuff for my prime. I see an option of changing the governor from interactive to various other governors. Is it safe to change governors? Or a better question, is it beneficial to change governor from interactive to, say, Ondemand or userspace?

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
I am using OS Monitor to see various stats and other stuff for my prime. I see an option of changing the governor from interactive to various other governors. Is it safe to change governors? Or a better question, is it beneficial to change governor from interactive to, say, Ondemand or userspace?

it'll be nest not to mess with those governors. especially if you don't know what each of them does. there won't be any benefit using them with overclock, I believe. plus you should check out System tuner. alot better n more details n options n everything than OS monitor. messing with those will make overclock useless or not as powerful or fast.

Arun01

Feb 6, 2011
This is a great app.Is there a difference in this app vs the virtuous prime rom that's out now in a performance perspective?

S

shaky156

Does this only affect 4 main cores, or can you oc the companion core too?

Sent from my Desire HD

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Does this only affect 4 main cores, or can you oc the companion core too?

Sent from my Desire HD

companion code can't be overclocked. at least at the moment. plus its not good. battery life would go down the drain really fast. companion core has Max frequency of 500mhz. its the same A9 processor but slightly different. constructed with a lower power in mind. so overclocking it would probably fry it anyways..lol overclocking it wouldn't help because all 5 cores can't be online at once. nvidia made this so. any low powered process needing 500mhz or lower, companion core takes over. as soon as more power is needed, the other core or cores will switch on and take over. all seamless. As Nvidia has a patent pending on this type of technology with 5 cores.

S

shaky156

companion code can't be overclocked. at least at the moment. plus its not good. battery life would go down the drain really fast. companion core has Max frequency of 500mhz. its the same A9 processor but slightly different. constructed with a lower power in mind. so overclocking it would probably fry it anyways..lol overclocking it wouldn't help because all 5 cores can't be online at once. nvidia made this so. any low powered process needing 500mhz or lower, companion core takes over. as soon as more power is needed, the other core or cores will switch on and take over. all seamless. As Nvidia has a patent pending on this type of technology with 5 cores.

Again pls read my post above yours, its not really about overclocking, also lp core can run upto 1.5ghz according to nvidea

Sent from my Desire HD

Tempie007

Dec 15, 2010
my device runs 1.6 ghz as stock speed, no mods whatsoever... did asus improve the last batches of primes?

s/n c30ka*

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
my device runs 1.6 ghz as stock speed, no mods whatsoever... did asus improve the last batches of primes?

s/n c30ka*

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

+1 mine also rooted and installed set cpu and it is running stock 1.6ghz

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

false..lol new batches of primes aren't 1.6Ghz enabled stock. set CPU will show 1.6Ghz but its not enabled. only way to truly overclock or enable 1.6Ghz mode is to use one of these methods. already had several people false reporting this. I actually was the first one..lol when prime first got ICS update, it showed 1.6Ghz on benchmarks and set CPU. thing is after more people and develoeprs looked into it, we weren't really on 1.6Ghz. as it wasn't enabled by stock. you have to be rooted and running one of the custom roms or overclocking methods. A stock prime on ICS reporting 1.6Ghz means nothing and is false. we already debunked that claim months ago.

if you want a true overclock install this app here in thread or use another method. that's the only way you truly will have it. plus run Antutu benchmark. once you see younscore now frantically lower than other primes, it'll be another sign to show you you not officially running those speeds. regardless if Antutu or set CPU shows 1.6Ghz. what matters is if you enabled it or not.

one good way to tell is install elixir Widgets or system tuner pro. you sill see there that your stock prime never comes close to hitting 1.6Ghz.

Reactions: EnemyOfGlaDOS

DeBoX

Jul 26, 2010
I'm looking for an app that will let me see what my current cpu speeds are at any given time. suggestions? I see a few mentioned but l'm unsure which is the most accurate, and takes into account multiple cores ( as well as the 5 the core).

Last edited:

r0ck0

Nov 1, 2006
This doesn't seem to work with the latest firmware. - Yes it does, forgot to restore root.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,
    I've made a little app for setting the CPU speed on the TF201 up to 1.6 ghz. It may be the easiest overclocker yet.

Step 1. Install the Apk.
    Step 2. There is no step 2. :)

Once this application is installed, you can switch speeds as usual using the ASUS statusbar. The speeds become (by default, but there is a configuration menu) as follows:
    Power save: 1.0 ghz
    Balanced: 1.3 ghz
    Performance: 1.6 ghz

Root is required, but a locked bootloader is fine. The app makes no permanent changes to anything, and uninstalls cleanly (although a reboot may be required after uninstall)

Enjoy. :)
    APK attached.
    Yea stock kernel should support it. At least it did with ics. That was the great thing about this app. All you needed was root. I'm sure if the op wanted to update this to work with the new jb, it wouldn't take too much. Pure speculation though. Maybe if the op doesn't then someone else will.

They are overclocking the tf300 kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901784 which a lot of folks ran on the tf201 for a while with wookies hairy bean 1.2, so possible it most assuredly is, useful? that remains to be seen jb roms are naturally way faster than ics roms anyway.
    Could you make a version for jellybean oasp/aokp please ?? :)
    Yea stock kernel should support it. At least it did with ics. That was the great thing about this app. All you needed was root. I'm sure if the op wanted to update this to work with the new jb, it wouldn't take too much. Pure speculation though. Maybe if the op doesn't then someone else will.

Asus took out the 1.5 and 1.6ghz steps on the JB stock kernel so this will no longer work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium