Do Stock Kindle Apps work on other devices? Answer: No.

Search This thread

modmatt

Jan 16, 2011
Hi folks,

i just googled my ass off, thinking someone must have had the same idea that I just came up with. Unfortunately to no avail.

Is it possible to run some of the stock kindle apps on other devices?:confused:

The reason I'm askin is that I just saw my dad usin his KFHD7 calendar application and I liked it better than any other calendar app I've seen for Android.

Could anyone provide me with an apk? Does the kindle even use APKs for its stock apps? My father is unfortunately not a root-guy, so I cannot get the files from him. I'd really like to try it on my Asus tablet and on my HTC One X which both have similar display resolutions.

Thank you very much in advance guys, really appreciate your efforts.:good:

EDIT, see below: Answer is No. Apps do FC instantly. Please close topic

Last edited:

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hi folks,

i just googled my ass off, thinking someone must have had the same idea that I just came up with. Unfortunately to no avail.

Is it possible to run some of the stock kindle apps on other devices?:confused:

The reason I'm askin is that I just saw my dad usin his KFHD7 calendar application and I liked it better than any other calendar app I've seen for Android.

Could anyone provide me with an apk? Does the kindle even use APKs for its stock apps? My father is unfortunately not a root-guy, so I cannot get the files from him. I'd really like to try it on my Asus tablet and on my HTC One X which both have similar display resolutions.

Thank you very much in advance guys, really appreciate your efforts.:good:

i simply deleted all my kindle apps, not deleted, moved to sd card them all and backuped them all without anty problem, my tablet work without them, but i think they dont work for other devices

modmatt

Jan 16, 2011
@persano: I'm afraid I don't really get what you're trying to bring across - are you saying you backuped your kindle-apks and could provide me with the calendar? I'm not sure... :confused:

No offence intended - might be a langauge thing... :cowboy:

edit: @Gilly10: Thanks, I'll try them out right away!! :good:
edit2: Jeeeezz, seems as if my provider is slowing down media fire on purpose. couldn't even load the webpage on my pc. had to use my phone to get there. now the download of 10ish mb is taking ages. i hate it. 81% and pending /rant

Last edited:

modmatt

Jan 16, 2011
OK. The file finally arrived.
The good thing is: My question's answered now.
The bad thing is: The answer is 'no'.

App FCs instantly, no matter if it's installed by tapping it or if it's put into /system/app with appropriate permissions.

Tried it on an HTC OneX with a custom Jelly Bean Mod. Could install it, couldn't start it.
Tried it on an Asus Transformer TF101 with Stock ICS. Couldn't install it at all (package name already in use).

Thank you for your quick help guys!

Thread can be closed!

persano

Nov 25, 2012
Buenos Aires
@persano: I'm afraid I don't really get what you're trying to bring across - are you saying you backuped your kindle-apks and could provide me with the calendar? I'm not sure... :confused:

No offence intended - might be a langauge thing... :cowboy:

edit: @Gilly10: Thanks, I'll try them out right away!! :good:
edit2: Jeeeezz, seems as if my provider is slowing down media fire on purpose. couldn't even load the webpage on my pc. had to use my phone to get there. now the download of 10ish mb is taking ages. i hate it. 81% and pending /rant

no no and no, i said that my kinlde work without them but other device wont work with them,

Top Liked Posts