[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Search This thread
R

redherring79

Actually the nightlies from 2/18 have borked both video recording and voice recording in general. Anything that requires voice input (google now, speech to text) is not working.

I'm on 2/18 and recorded video with sound just fine today.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Spinergy02

Dec 29, 2012
Are the nightlies on this device still using 4.1.1? I'm hoping to make the switch back tomorrow but need to find out which gapps I need.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
SHOstock3 v2.5.1 w/ AJK kernel

jeebuz

Nov 29, 2010
Well, for me (don't know about others), not only voice and video recording stopped working, but video playback as well along with the accelerometer not detecting movement of the phone (at all for that matter). Also, I noticed that I cannot boot to CWM from the power menu, and holding the volume down button during boot does not boot me into CWM.. but rather a "Safe Mode" ?

This is on 2/19... I just wanted to roll back to 2/16 where I was last time :\

Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT* Nevermind! I found a setting in the Developer's Options that turned the boot options back on. Sorry guys :p

Last edited:

billyjed

Jan 29, 2012
To the people having issues with voice recognition/sound recording apps, have you made any other modifications? Photosphere camera, xposed framework modifier? Stock 121212 gapps? I am trying to see if we all have something in common or if the current nightly just breaks it.

Sent from my Apple IIe

MiVSky

Feb 7, 2013
To the people having issues with voice recognition/sound recording apps, have you made any other modifications? Photosphere camera, xposed framework modifier? Stock 121212 gapps? I am trying to see if we all have something in common or if the current nightly just breaks it.

Sent from my Apple IIe
No, Stock 12/12 Gapps. Camera normally takes photos and video, but in Google Translate camera don't work.

ddominator

Apr 27, 2010

Sent from my Apple IIe

Stock 121212 gapps. Odd as when I flash the 2/19 nightly it breaks, but flashing 2/17 (on top of 2/19) everything works again. Of course cleared cache and dalvik. No nandroid restores.

I have not tried 2/21 yet

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Are the nightlies on this device still using 4.1.1? I'm hoping to make the switch back tomorrow but need to find out which gapps I need.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
SHOstock3 v2.5.1 w/ AJK kernel

No, I just suck at thread maintenance. I've been meaning to create a new thread for... 3 months now? :)

I won't have a chance to take a look at accelerometer until Saturday at the earliest... This is just a really insane week for me.

msgfromside3

Nov 23, 2010
No, I just suck at thread maintenance. I've been meaning to create a new thread for... 3 months now? :)

I won't have a chance to take a look at accelerometer until Saturday at the earliest... This is just a really insane week for me.

No worry. I am just thankful that you have decided to even take a look at the issue. :) I am not planning on flashing anything new until the camera issue gets resolved anyway, and 2/18 nightly works perfectly fine for what I need. :) Thanks!

jeebuz

Nov 29, 2010
Take your time :) More than happy where I am at right now and am very glad that you are still looking at the device for issues.

VannMann

Jul 11, 2010
Lexington, NC
I have the no video and no recording bug along with no sounds from the phone. I have ring tones and such after flashing, but then they just stop working, even after clean and fresh flash. Went back to the 02-17-2012.

kufusoto

Jan 13, 2012
Muncie
I have the no video and no recording bug along with no sounds from the phone. I have ring tones and such after flashing, but then they just stop working, even after clean and fresh flash. Went back to the 02-17-2012.

I don't have any of these issues and I'm on 2/19 and 12/12 gapps stock kernel

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Spinergy02

Dec 29, 2012

Absolutely no worries. I made the switch back today and am very pleased with everything so far. I'm having some problems with not being able to get Wi-Fi tethering to work, though. Gonna go back to the stock cm kernel tomorrow to see if that helps. All your hard work it's definitely appreciate.

Sent from my SGH-S959G
CM10.1 Nightly / AJK Kernel

soonerjim

Feb 28, 2009
Oklahoma
No Sounds

Stock 121212 gapps. Odd as when I flash the 2/19 nightly it breaks, but flashing 2/17 (on top of 2/19) everything works again. Of course cleared cache and dalvik. No nandroid restores.

I have not tried 2/21 yet

I just flashed 2/21 last night and 2/22 this morning and my ringtones worked at first, but after about 30 minutes all sounds stopped working; ringtones/notifications, iheart, games, etc. Google Now voice search didn't work at all either. I have stock kernel, 121212 gapps. The only mod I have is photosphere. Going back to 2/17.

Slusho

Apr 24, 2012
Since we've been talking about our next phones, what about the HTC One? It looks like HTC is a bit slow to update, but are their phones easy to get CM running on? Blink Feed and stereo front-facing speakers are really tempting, though I'd want the option to flash CM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW. MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!
    NO SUPPORT!!!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Experimental builds:
    http://d-h.st/JaT - 7/27/2012
    http://d-h.st/aMl - 8/3/2012
    http://d-h.st/iXg - 8/13/2012
    http://d-h.st/3KE - 8/18/2012
    http://d-h.st/QbU - 8/19/2012

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Development Thread (DEVELOPERS ONLY): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796744

ygKDil.png
    GeQbTl.png

qNkWbl.png
    rK3uzl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Everything is broken until proven otherwise.
    • Known broken things include:
    • Mediascanner derps hard for many people, eating 100% CPU for 30-40 minutes on boot.
    • Missing many CM10 features
    • NFC totally untested
    • Anything broken on I9100 will be a problem on I777 too
    • Screenshots are from I9100. I'm lazy, and I777 isn't any different

You want to live on the bleeding edge, you're probably gonna get cut
    Update -
    Good news: I found out the source of the problem and built a fix this morning.
    Bad news: Severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon knocked out my cable modem. I'm unable to upload a build or even the fix until it comes back.
    RELEASE PULLED. I just discovered from user reports in the N7000 thread that this has the capability of triggering the infamous eMMC brickbug on installation. This is far less likely on I777 since almost no one is running intramfs-repacked UCLE5, but those people could experience severe unrecoverable problems. I will reopen this thread once I reimplement that fix.

To be clear - the bug only affects initial flashing. If you are already running CM10, you are safe. If you are not already running CM10, DO NOT flash the release unless you are running a known safe kernel. Right now, I will only guarantee safety with the pulled release if you start from CM9.
    Unless something comes up Monday evening and I'm too busy to build, I'll try to get the first I777 test build out monday evening for 4.2.1.

Benefit of the wait for you guys? N7000/I9100 users are guinea pigs with ****ty builds that have all sorts of broken stuff. First I777 build will have all of the big issues resolved. :p
    4.2 test build within the next few days, depending on my availability/time.

Finally I think we've got the graphics breakthrough we need... just needs to be beat on/polished a bit.