[Q] Optimus L7 II P710 Bootloop after changing media_profiles.xml

Search This thread

CrashBX

Oct 27, 2010
Hello, I came here in a need of quick help. I have rooted Optimus L7 II and I tried editing media_profiles.xml
After editing it and rebooting it got stuck on a LG boot animation. I can't get a logcat during boot but thankfully I have full rooted ADB access in stock recovery mode, Could any fellow L7 II owner give me his unmodified "media_profiles.xml" so I can replace it although I have a bad feeling that it's not causing the problem because I (think) I reverted all the changes in it before pushing it back with ADB. So someone with L7 II post their media profiles file or tell me how to get adb while booting so I can diagnose this problem myself.
Reflashing kdz's is a LAST resort.

kuTO6bk.pnghttp:

This is the screenshot of some of the files in /system/etc and underlined one is the presumably correct media_profiles.xml that I pushed back using adb in hopes of fixing the bootloop.
Could the different date be the problem?

Nasheich Xfiles

Aug 13, 2012
Free York
www.nasheich-xfiles.blogspot.com
Hello, I came here in a need of quick help. I have rooted Optimus L7 II and I tried editing media_profiles.xml
After editing it and rebooting it got stuck on a LG boot animation. I can't get a logcat during boot but thankfully I have full rooted ADB access in stock recovery mode, Could any fellow L7 II owner give me his unmodified "media_profiles.xml" so I can replace it although I have a bad feeling that it's not causing the problem because I (think) I reverted all the changes in it before pushing it back with ADB. So someone with L7 II post their media profiles file or tell me how to get adb while booting so I can diagnose this problem myself.

kuTO6bk.pnghttp:

This is the screenshot of some of the files in /system/etc and underlined one is the presumably correct media_profiles.xml that I pushed back using adb in hopes of fixing the bootloop.

try to reinstall your stock rom
open this thread for step by step

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

kuTO6bk.pnghttp:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524466

Reactions: cmj2100

CrashBX

Oct 27, 2010
Hello nasheich, thanks a lot for replying. After making this thread I decided "f**k the data" and went with the full kdz reflash.
I was trying to reflash by following the tutorial from this thread which goes is pretty detailed. This is the page I got my KDZ from. Since the link for V10A is broken I used V10B. I used that one because I am from Croatia and I assumed the "CRO" part of the kdz name is short for Croatia. I got stuck at the actual flashing process, the software just gives me this message shown below. I am in emergency mode (yellow screen) and I am pretty sure I have installed every LG driver I found.
U9ViMW2.png

Would you mind helping me reflash this? Log is in the attachment.

Thanks man.

Attachments

• log.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: cmj2100

CrashBX

Oct 27, 2010
Never mind, I somehow managed to update it using that LG updater thing and now I'm on latest firmware (yay) but it can't be rooted because LG f**king fixed the exploits framaroot was using. So top priority, how do I root it using latest firmware? Anybody? Also could somebody tell me could flashing firmware from, let's say, UK to a Croatian phone brick it. There are no Croatian firmwares on the net so I must know this if I get in a situation where I absolutely must flash new firmware.

tl,dr
1. How do I root LG P710 on latest firmware?
2. Can flashing a different country firmware brick the device?

CrashBX

Oct 27, 2010
Root problem solved, huge thanks to user Dejan990 for finding a way to root it and to guys at Kingoapp for doing the actual work behind this.
Just install the application, activate the debugging mode for usb and connect the phone to the pc.
Code:
http://www.kingoapp.com/index.htm
3ipagMB.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kuTO6bk.pnghttp:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

kuTO6bk.pnghttp:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524466
    Hello nasheich, thanks a lot for replying. After making this thread I decided "f**k the data" and went with the full kdz reflash.
    I was trying to reflash by following the tutorial from this thread which goes is pretty detailed. This is the page I got my KDZ from. Since the link for V10A is broken I used V10B. I used that one because I am from Croatia and I assumed the "CRO" part of the kdz name is short for Croatia. I got stuck at the actual flashing process, the software just gives me this message shown below. I am in emergency mode (yellow screen) and I am pretty sure I have installed every LG driver I found.
    U9ViMW2.png

Would you mind helping me reflash this? Log is in the attachment.

Thanks man.