enough DEV Support ???

Search This thread

hassanman1997

Nov 16, 2012
I just recently sold my Sony Xperia Tablet Z

boy that tablet was awesome and had a good DEV Support , didnt trouble me for six months

now I am looking forward to buy note 10.1 2014 edition, but the only thing that stops me is that it doesnt have enought DEV Support

i was searching and i could not find any custom/aosp roms or any cyanogenmod roms

and thats a shame considering how much developing it was for the previous note 10.1

should i buy this tablet, is there going to be any DEV Support in the future, are there going to be any roms in the future ?

now i do understand that all the s-pen features will be sacrificed but whenever i look at note 3 development, i get hope that it will work good even if we have to sacrifice a little of s-pen features

i hope some roms come in the future and take advantage of this note 10.1 2014 edition's hardware :D

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
We can wait for the new samsung tablets :) i think that porting the roms from the other devices should not be that hard as they have the same hardware and maybe some devs decide to make roms

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
We can wait for the new samsung tablets :) i think that porting the roms from the other devices should not be that hard as they have the same hardware and maybe some devs decide to make roms

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

We have also the same hw of note 3 but we have only 5% of note 3 roms/tweaks/mods.

Samsung SM-P605 - Tapatalk

dasmoover

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
As soon as the new versions drop in March this tablet will forever be overlooked.

LordKoga

Dec 15, 2011
Both the high price and KNOX bs together killed the development for this tablet which is a major shame as it is really a great device. I do believe that if KNOX is bypassed development will begin At least I hope so.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

mouse100

Sep 20, 2010
Both the high price and KNOX bs together killed the development for this tablet which is a major shame as it is really a great device. I do believe that if KNOX is bypassed development will begin At least I hope so.

Sent from my SM-P600 using xda app-developers app

I think knox won't be bypassed since it's an hw issue. All new samsung devices will have it inside. So people should understand they lose warranty if they want to unlock their device. Or they could buy a Nexus device. I think samsung could dismiss knox when people don't buy their device anymore for modding interests. If this will happen a day..

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
I think knox won't be bypassed since it's an hw issue. All new samsung devices will have it inside. So people should understand they lose warranty if they want to unlock their device. Or they could buy a Nexus device. I think samsung could dismiss knox when people don't buy their device anymore for modding interests. If this will happen a day..

Problem is, the people who actually mod their Android devices are a small minority. Samsung will continue to sell despite KNOX, and I don't see KNOX going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:

C2Q

Dec 10, 2011
At this point all I'm hoping for is a 0x0 Knox Root for the WiFi version :(
Not sure if it will even be possible to flash a custom recovery with Knox 0x0, so you pretty much have to void warranty if you want any custom roms.

Edit: Actually it seems there was a way to flash custom roms and keeping Knox fine, but it does require a Knox 0x0 root method first.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583199

Last edited: