[Q] Middle horizontal line of the screen no touch

Search This thread

matteo.rek

Jun 13, 2012
Hi guys,
Last days my Nexus 4 start to have a problem:
the imaginary middle horizontal line of my touch doesn't work fine.....it's just a line!
It makes difficult to scroll o to posh down the notification bar, to tap or click and so on!

I'm not sure it's physically damaged!
I've installed CM 10.2 20131026.
I saw someone else have this kind of problem, but everyone is a noob! (About like me)

Just for info, I've tried to use the developer setting to "view the taps".... it confirmed the problem!

Thanks in advance guys!
Matteo

Nexus 4 on the roll!!!!

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
restore to stock and check if its still there, generally you use the phone for a few days to check if its alright before you flash

matteo.rek

Jun 13, 2012
No solutions guys, now I've two horizontal not working lines!!!!! Digitizer broken maybe.....:(

Nexus 4 on the roll!!!!

Army92

May 3, 2011
Seems to be the same problem that I got. I also opened a thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2660476

And I did a bit of research and it seems to be a known hardware issue. I will return it with warranty I guess.

Edit: Take a look at my screens I did in the thread. Or try it on your own with any screen tester app.

Last edited:

commputer33

Dec 23, 2010
I just had this happen to me. I just get the nexus 4 from t-mobile last week. And know the touch screen is no working in the middle of the screen. I got a replacement coming. But I was play with its some time work normal if I had it plug in for 30min or more..
I just like to know how common is this issue. I hope it not that common. because I just paid 30 for the phone the first time and now I paid 20 for the replacement. They gave me the option to get a different phone. I hope its just a uncommon thing. they did made over 500,000 phone. :)