• No, it is awesome

Votes: 819 80.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL
Current leaks are pretty stable and ready for daily use. Recommending to everyone who has galaxy S2.
Sorry i can't resist :eek:

b8ka3t.jpg

simonprr

Feb 19, 2012
I don't think ICS is a failure, but the rollout of it has been nothing short of complete rubbish imo!

However, had ICS for a couple of weeks now and getting a bit annoyed with the bad battery life and constant disconnecting/connecting from my wifi... time to find a fix!

All these builds, numbers and letters are very confusing!

Venekor

Oct 2, 2011
So far it seems no different as it has the Kies UI on it. It's just slower and more buggy than GB so I've gone back and my friend reports the same experience. Just such a let down, massive hype for nothing, it hasn't even added any features I've noticed other than restart.

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You know what is full of #fail ? This thread. Why certain groups of people on here (and it is certain groups of people mostly) make these threads is beyond me. An absolute waste of forum resources.

You don't like ICS ? Don't use it. Pretty novel idea eh ? Bit too obvious for half the people who visit here tho.

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
You know what is full of #fail ? This thread. Why certain groups of people on here (and it is certain groups of people mostly) make these threads is beyond me. An absolute waste of forum resources.

You don't like ICS ? Don't use it. Pretty novel idea eh ? Bit too obvious for half the people who visit here tho.

You don't like this thread? Don't read it, should be obvious

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
iam using foxhound latest ics release and i performed a full wipe , wiped my sd card , wiped my internal sd card so everything was factory fresh with no gingerbread files laying around and everything is running great

i didnt even use titatium backup to restore i literally set the phone up from fresh by letting google download my apps and restore my contacts

i dont have wifi issues , i dont have battery issues , i dont have lags , i dont get wakelocks , all apps are behaving well infact iam very very happy with everything

lets not forget gingerbread was 2.3.6 firmware anyone updating to a 4.0.3 or higher firmware who has any gingerbread files laying around on their device is liable to some kind of conflict/bug/error in my opinion

its a massive update so make sure you update with a fresh clean base for it and then dont restore any 2.3.6 files by titanium either just to be sure

i also recomend foxhound latest rom he's done an awesome job with it , it looks great , performs great and my phone loves it

Shujitzu

Nov 19, 2008
I tried ics three times now for a week each time but I always ended up going back to GB.
The biggest reason for me to go back to gb is the lag i get from it. Second is switching between apps. Gb is easier with just icons rather than scrolling up and down.
My opinion there is no big advantages yet on using it as a daily rom. At the moment GB roms runs better and eveything i need to do runs smoothly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

aquariuzism

Oct 15, 2011
Auckland
GB FTW

I've been into many ICS ROMs as well. But sadly, always ended up also at GB ROM. Main reason? Video playback. Like watching avi movies and more. ICS can't stand it. Though it has a "wow" factor when it comes to UI, but come on guys, it is really laggy compared to GB. Nothing, just sharing you my experience.

So if you are reading this because you're looking for a reason to try ICS, go on but if you're a SGS2 heavy user and you like watching HD movies, and worst, you're used to the smoothness of your phone, you will just waste your time and eventually go back to GB.

Gonna wait until someone turn the game for ICS. :(

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LP7 and custom roms are now OK for testing .
I would not recommend ICS yet to those that dont have a clue or just must have ICS .
At a visible level Samsung ICS changes little though their may be more under the bonnet .
Its a bit like the May 2011 GB firmware that improved with later releases .
LT4 should be a good version .

jje

Josuhu

Apr 11, 2012
Helsinki
Hey,

Stock ICS sucks. Use modded ICS for root phones ?

- Foxhound PsychoMantis and Resurrection Remix are great ROMS!

aRc.

Mar 12, 2012
I wouldn't call it a failure, but it's still got teething problems. Like how stock ICS looks much better that Samsung's. I'm happy on Gingerbread so I'll stay here until a full final build is released.

buxz777

Jun 22, 2011
Whats good about them? :confused:

the devs have worked hard to iron out any bugs and issues

i can vouch for foxhound roms latest ics build

#stable and fast
#themed like ics
#nice colection of mods like call recording / nice call screen / 15 toggle mod etc
#nice team and good support
#ota update app built into rom for mods and updates
#good battery life
#siyah callobrated with raffe to maximise siyah kernel for the rom
#nice new foxhound power option built into settings for overclock etc

+loads more

installed on a freshly formatted sgs2 and memory cards the rom is awesome

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
Try slim ics rom :D And believe you me, this rom will be your daily driver. At first, I thought "Meh, another ics rom...the scrolling is probably all screwed up". But for some reason I installed anyway. Then the moment I scrolled through a list, I couldn't help but think "WOW! This is really gingerbread alike!" And from that day on I have been thoroughly enjoying the features of this wonderful rom.

Have a nice day!

Reactions: simonprr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude!! HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER ROCKS?

4.0.4 has already been released and ics Is contrary to all the points you brought out

My $0.02, based on testing, and total indifference to "oo-Samsung-sux-lolz-I-demand-newest-FW-yesterday-Samsung-owes-me-I-paid-so-much-CM9-rox".

Failure? No. But not cool, awesome, rocking nor deserving of some of the fanboy praise posted here, in my opinion.

I've tried many, many stock and custom ICS, AOKP and CM9, every kernel and every combination (36 flashes since 30th March, to be precise). Not a single combination has been smoother or qucker than my daily driver or my next two preferences - krinyo's SlimROM, rohit's GB MIUI and Insanity build 57.

Battery life isn't a dealbreaker for me, lag is. I don't have bloatware, don't use mail, am not on Twitter or Facebook, haven't had TW launcher on my phone for 9 months. Even stripped down like this, my GB-based ROMs outperform everything else. And they're a hell of a lot more stable too.

As always, each to their own. But I haven't found any reason to leave GB after all this testing. Certainly no problem in refuting the "once you've tried 4.0.4 you'll never go back" spiel, which is lazy generalization based on nothing.

Unlike many, I wasn't wetting myself in anticipation of ICS, hence haven't needed to change my pants.

And the "poll" is ridiculous, pointless and useless, and not even a poll - there is middle ground.
    Unfortunately Samsung implementation of ics is an epic failure. Slow and horrible. But that's Samsung and its pretty early days (3months!?)

Plenty of custom ics roms (cm9 specifically) that prove what ics can do when freed from touchwiz Samsung tweaked rubbish.

4.04 been out a while. Try a custom rom you won't go back :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    You claim ICS is slower than GB? On what basis may I ask?

On ICS (no OC) I get 6200+ points with Antutu. As far as I remember 6000+ points were only possible with GB ROMs that had ICS components build in like CheckRom v4+ and a ton of other optimizations. With stock gb - no way.

Your point being what? How many people here do you think use stock GB? And why do you think benchmarks are proof that one ROM is quicker than another?

I find benchmarks pointless usually, but have tried antutu for one run on each of my preferred ROMs. I have 3 custom GB ROMs, none have any ICS components, none are OCd, and all scored 6200+ on the one and only time I benchmarked them.

This shows that they got good antutu scores and nothing else. They're all quicker than any ICS I've tried - don't need to run further benchmarks to prove it for my usage. As said earlier, I've tried 36 ICS/kernel combos in the last week, and I don't doubt they would get wonderful super benchmark scores - so what? None are quicker than the aforementioned GB ROMs for my setup.
    I just want to share my opinion based on some reading.
    Till now Samsung was not able to release bug free ICS ROM, despite the 6 months of working.
    Also, I am noticing several complaints in both forums the nexus s and galaxy nexus.
    ICS has proved to be slow compared to gingerbread, also it seems to be more battery consuming.
    For now I am sticking to GB, maybe we should wait till Google releases the 4.0.4 update, even though I am not so positive.
    Google its your job now.
    So what do you think??:D