[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

semsem1969

May 17, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Facebook

@all
For anyone that wants to use the Facebook tab with the ROM, I just posted a TEST cab install for it that requires no manual intervention. Feel free to try it, and if you have any issues, please report it in that thread.

first thanks for great work as always with your Roms.
i installed the facebook tab and its working fine except when you go from the Facebook tab >menu>facebook app i get signature error (facebook.exe cannot be opened either it is not signed with......etc) and by the way i have facebook installed.
so far thats the only thing other wise very nice thanks.

paulyluca

Aug 24, 2008
Alba Iulia
first thanks for great work as always with your Roms.
i installed the facebook tab and its working fine except when you go from the Facebook tab >menu>facebook app i get signature error (facebook.exe cannot be opened either it is not signed with......etc) and by the way i have facebook installed.
so far thats the only thing other wise very nice thanks.

To fix this, just go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila and change the path for the facebook program from "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Windows\Facebook.exe " to "Facebook.LaunchApp0"="\Program Files\Facebook\Facebook.exe ". Soft reset and you are ready to go.

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
Well, the option is there, it's just... non-modal/selectable. (Grayed Out).

I tried a work-around, enabling my WiFi through the Start Menu > Settings > Connections menu, connected to my router. Then, while still connected, go to the Comm Manager, and it's still grayed out. It's enabled in the Comm Manager (The Slider is "On"), but still inaccessible.
@ a pop shot try enabling microsoft direct push, this used to invoke the wi-fi button on Kaiser when was greyed out.

wormwizzle

Apr 5, 2009
Suggestion

Hey I just wanted to say I think this is the second best ROM build made so far hense start button for ver. 23554, and professionalism of icon look. There are ac couple reason this is ranted 2nd to me. I have tried almost ALL Roms made for Fuze and the best would have to be TAEL. It would be nice if you could create or cook a new like Iphone threaded SMS system in the rom. Not necessarily like iphone, but u know what I mean. I love the GUI but the internal applications could be better. Such as Wi-Fi app.....You may have one on your Rom but it's hard to find along with other apps.......and maybe if you could try to work in an app such as Adobe Flash Player 10. I am not downgrading your ROM cause like I said I would pick yours over energy roms or any rom except for TAEL. The only thing wrong with TAEL is they only have 2 Themes...lol.

Thank you for your time.
Brandon

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Ran into a "doozie" with the 21898 Sense 2.1 ROM.

In my Comm Manager, I can't enable, or even disable, my Wi-Fi.

If/When I go to my Connections Setup (Start > Setup > Connections), I can enable & disable my Wi-Fi there... so I know it's not a Physical issue.

Any suggestions?

Other than that, Cap, this is the best & fastest ROM I've seen & used. No issues, besides the Wi-Fi, but I don't use Wi-Fi too much. (I'd still like to fix it though, if possible).

Well, the option is there, it's just... non-modal/selectable. (Grayed Out).

I tried a work-around, enabling my WiFi through the Start Menu > Settings > Connections menu, connected to my router. Then, while still connected, go to the Comm Manager, and it's still grayed out. It's enabled in the Comm Manager (The Slider is "On"), but still inaccessible.
Well, I just flashed the ROM (after flashing to stock first, going back into bootloader at align screen, flashing the ROM, & then hard-resetting at align screen), and the attached screenshots show what my Comm Manager looks like (fresh off hard reset, with only UC apps installed).

As you can see, the Wi-Fi toggle in Comm Manager is working fine for me. That means you may need a good flash back to stock, re-flash, or maybe just a hard reset, and hopefully that should get it working again.

Attachments

• 100413122358.jpg
    100413122358.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 100413122413.png
    100413122413.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 100413122426.jpg
    100413122426.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 14

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
Hey I just wanted to say I think this is the second best ROM build made so far hense start button for ver. 23554, and professionalism of icon look. There are ac couple reason this is ranted 2nd to me. I have tried almost ALL Roms made for Fuze and the best would have to be TAEL. It would be nice if you could create or cook a new like Iphone threaded SMS system in the rom. Not necessarily like iphone, but u know what I mean. I love the GUI but the internal applications could be better. Such as Wi-Fi app.....You may have one on your Rom but it's hard to find along with other apps.......and maybe if you could try to work in an app such as Adobe Flash Player 10. I am not downgrading your ROM cause like I said I would pick yours over energy roms or any rom except for TAEL. The only thing wrong with TAEL is they only have 2 Themes...lol.

Thank you for your time.
Brandon

Keep in mind that as Cap has said on several occasions the ROM is setup as he likes it .. Hence it being Captain Throwbacks ROM .. and it is made as it is for easy customization to how each user likes it. Options like the iphone thing wont appeal to all so just add it after install and you are all set. As for flash, flashlite player is already included but you can upgrade if you like. I am not sure what WiFI app in particular you are having trouble finding but all the regulars are there.

I think the important thing to remember is that the cooks put their own free time into these ROMS and can not cater to each users personal choices.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Co0kie's Home Tab

With the AMAZING features of the newest version of CHT (1.7.0), I may decide to include this (along w/CHT Editor) in the next round of Sense 2.5 ROMs. The newest version includes a FULLY compatible Manila Locker with multiple options (HD Mini, Manila, or classic WM style). I think it's too good NOT to include, in fact. Note, of course, that I have no current plans to update the ROMs, as the current versions seem to be working quite well. In the meantime, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
With the AMAZING features of the newest version of CHT (1.7.0), I may decide to include this (along w/CHT Editor) in the next round of Sense 2.5 ROMs. The newest version includes a FULLY compatible Manila Locker with multiple options (HD Mini, Manila, or classic WM style). I think it's too good NOT to include, in fact. Note, of course, that I have no current plans to update the ROMs, as the current versions seem to be working quite well. In the meantime, I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

I like the sound of that ..CHT Ver1.7 is looking great

Another question (I know, I'm getting tedious)

Anyone know any other Canvas' that work with the 21898 Builds (Start Bar on Top) :: Or how to fix it? When I'm in a call, the "Keypad" and "End Call" buttons are hidden beneath my bottom bar... and I call Automated Tellers which require Touch Tones daily.

Currently, I slide out my Keyboard and use the Designate NumPad, but it's annoying as all hell.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Another question (I know, I'm getting tedious)

Anyone know any other Canvas' that work with the 21898 Builds (Start Bar on Top) :: Or how to fix it? When I'm in a call, the "Keypad" and "End Call" buttons are hidden beneath my bottom bar... and I call Automated Tellers which require Touch Tones daily.

Currently, I slide out my Keyboard and use the Designate NumPad, but it's annoying as all hell.
That's related to the position fix used to adjust the position of those buttons when in call. Some people have reported this issue where the buttons don't show up sometimes. It should be working (it is for me). Try navigating to \Windows\Startup and run the file "phcanvga.lnk". It should tell you that it's killing the position fix. Then run it again. See if it works then. If not, try soft resetting, let the phone boot up completely, and then try making a phone call (to voicemail or something). Once the call is initiated, the buttons should automatically move up.

Cheers man, worked well... I wonder why there was no reg editor in the rom? Considering its such a small app...
Because (as I've stated previously), I use SKTools, which is an app that includes a reg editor (that I paid for), so I don't include a reg editor, because then I'd have to uninstall it. And again, this ROM is really set up for my needs. That, and not everyone prefers the same registry editor.

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
awesome! I have been using 1.6 and can't wait to try out 1.7. I have the GTX theme installed right now that is not compatible with 1.7 (so I hear), so I have not tried 1.7 yet. What better time than with a fresh ROM! :)

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
awesome! I have been using 1.6 and can't wait to try out 1.7. I have the GTX theme installed right now that is not compatible with 1.7 (so I hear), so I have not tried 1.7 yet. What better time than with a fresh ROM! :)

it is worth it .. 1.7 is really a great piece of work. I decided to go ahead and choose CHT 1.7 over GTX since they have stopped any more work on the project. If there comes a way to have both it would be terrific

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.