Sim Unlock

Search This thread

jentech

May 16, 2008
North Vancouver
Well we'll see.. I've replied to all of my PM's.. (Damn 30 seconds between replies is brutal..)

Also, nothing in my sent box, but I hear that is to be expected on these forums.. I tired some bulk replies (up to 5 at a time) but I kept getting logged out... SO PM again if you've sent me a PM, but didn't get a reply..

Next:
I wasn't guaranteeing a fix for anyone. I pulled out the bounty because I got through. I'm sharing what I learned and did with you guys.

I'm not sure why some of the users in this forum are so aggressive.. It's funny, but man.. some of you need to think about things...

I'm no magician, hacker or coder, and I'm not selling anything..

Like I said in my PM, if you do feel compelled to shell out $5, $25, or whatever you save IF you get your unlock code, donate it to a charity... Or buy an extra pack of smokes or whatever.. Your choice...

Hope you guys get through.

giz, I've pm'd you again, since I didn't get a reply to my previous one. Thanks.

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
giz, I've pm'd you again, since I didn't get a reply to my previous one. Thanks.

I Pm'd him and got a response.
He got "no" from AT&T a couple times then got the 'issue' escalated, argued for a bit, and then they gave him the unlock code.
So there might be a few people that can get the unlock doing the same thing, but its not going to work for the majority of people =\

If enough people can get the unlock codes, a generator might be able to be made though.

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
The main thing is, he proved the codes are accessible by people at At&t, and there is someplace to point a sympathetic CSR to.

smilindave

Jul 31, 2010
ive been reading the posts and decided to call ATT back again. i was told i had to wait 90 days.. i called 2 more times and was told the same thing. they also put notes on my account. one guy gave me the skinny on time frame and getting codes. they have a checklist to go through. for example, are you in a contract, how long, do you have a late payment due, ect, ect... he told me since ive been a customer for 10+ years, he jumped to the end of the list requirements and it states FCC rule of 90 days.. he documented my phone sale of july 28, and told me to call back on october 29 and they would give me the unlock code. he told me to use my old phone when i travel. he said make sure not to change the imei # they have on my account or the 90 days will reset. he said if i buy another phone in the mean time, do not put it on my account or i will lose the days from my captivate. sounds like if some people got the code from att, the rep was not suppose to get it... anyway, i will suffer for 3 months and use my unlocked htc when i go overseas. hopefully someone will come up with a way to unlock before then!!

abucla

Jul 30, 2010
I can confirm that I too was told that I had to wait 90 days. Even upon multiple escalations, I was told that either I wait or I have the option of returning the phone and cancelling my contract. I've been a Business Account holder with AT&T for the past 6 years with my account in good standing.

DarkVasyaK

Dec 28, 2009
Have no idea what to do: to buy captivate when I am in USA from 5th august until the end of summer (and use it until summer with AT&T and waiting for unlock) or to buy this damn Samsung Galaxy S here in London but I hate the design :(

DarkVasyaK

Dec 28, 2009
brrr, my last day in London, today I may decide to buy Galaxy S here or but Captivate in USA and wait for unlock which can not to come :(

DarkVasyaK

Dec 28, 2009
Hey, guys, do you know if it is possible to unlock Captivate if, for example, I am already in Russia, not in the USA? if 3rd party unlock comes out (and, well, for example, if I have an AT&T sim card in roaming)

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
I called in again today, and this time took it to the stage where I have a case number, but was told in no uncertain terms there is no Location I-9 (or if there was, it's somewhere near Roswell, New Mexico), and no department to escalate this too. They couldn't even find any reference to the fax number in Giz's instructions.

I'll wait for the "sorry, talk to us in 10 months" email, and see if having a case number in the system helps. I suspect that if I just send a fax out at this point, nothing will happen.

jentech

May 16, 2008
North Vancouver
I called in again today, and this time took it to the stage where I have a case number, but was told in no uncertain terms there is no Location I-9 (or if there was, it's somewhere near Roswell, New Mexico), and no department to escalate this too. They couldn't even find any reference to the fax number in Giz's instructions.

I'll wait for the "sorry, talk to us in 10 months" email, and see if having a case number in the system helps. I suspect that if I just send a fax out at this point, nothing will happen.

I followed giz's instructions and sent a fax and it did go somewhere (Rosewell, New Mexico perhaps). Haven't heard anything yet, but maybe because it's the weekend. No harm in trying it.

accinfo

Jun 24, 2010
You guys are Canadians?
Since Giz's guide said you gotta be a NON us resident, so it wouldn't work for me? (US Citizen)

nickbarbs

Jul 20, 2010
London
Just got an email after opening a case with the device unlock group.

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "TULSA CC TECH"
AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED
WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR
ADDIOTIONAL ASSISTANCE.

Due to Device Exclusivity agreements with Manufacturers we are unable to
provide an unlock code for your device. Please refer to
http://www.attlockinglawsuits.com/ for further information or contact
Customer Care at 1- 800-331-0500 for any additional questions and
reference the CASE number shown below .

EMAIL:
CASE:
MOBILE:
IMEI:

Thank you,
NE Device Unlock Group

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of AT&T
are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to which this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the
named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender at
(1-800-331-0500) and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited."

This is BS... Giz over here, isnt even an ATT customer and he gets a code, I sign up for 2 year contract and they wont unlock me?

I guess i'll just have to harass them on their customer service line...

nickbarbs

Jul 20, 2010
London
just spoke with customer care escalations.

They have no codes
10 month exclusivity
My case was denied and they wont resubmit another one.

This thing is going to probably have to go back. even though i'm in love with it :(

accinfo

Jun 24, 2010
AMAZING!
Guys, do you remember "unlockitnow.com?"
Remember how they told me and one another member that they'll be shipping usb / software to unlock the phone?
Guess what? It arrives today. At first I open the envelope and thought it's a joke, since the cd slot is empty. Instead! There comes a sim thinggy.

1. Align the unlock SIM with the SIM card you will be using.
2. Insert the aligned SIMs in your cell phone SIM compartment.
3. Switch cell phone on and it is ready for use.

I used a tmobile sim along with that unlock SIM and it works perfectly!

So, make an order with unlockitnow.com and they'll offer you the "usb + software", confirm your imei and say yes and wait for 7-20 days for it to arrive. I ordered it on 7/23 and it arrived today!

Sharkonwheels

Mar 28, 2010
So it's basically one of those "TurboSIM" thingies? You must ALWAYS use the unlock SIM with your SIM? Or is it a one-time-use and it unocks it, unlock-SIM-not-needed-again?

T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    giz mentioned that the unlock code is very close to the IMEI -- can you confirm that?
    do you think it could build a pattern?

When he said that, he meant that the code was close to the IMEI on the email, as in one set of numbers ran into another set of numbers, not that they were similar.