[MOD] BR CameraMOD | Sense 3.5 / CM7 / Amaze | 10-40mbps (outdated)

How many times is better the camera and camcorder now?

• It's over 9000Thousand!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 127 28.9%
  • Actually 100% Better

Votes: 97 22.0%
  • I think its better.

Votes: 115 26.1%
  • I dont feel real diference...

Votes: 101 23.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
UPDATES RIGHT NOW ARE DISCONTINUED DUE NO TIME
.excuse for all those waiting my mod, but first things go first. college is more important you know.

ts1tz4ct.png

READ INDEX FIRST, TO KNOW WHERE IS LOCATED EVERYTHING.

First of all this mod can't break your phone, so stay calm, if everything not working, maybe you did something wrong, or maybe i did something wrong haha :p

1. MOD Information. ( Small info about what things i modified, and what do )
  2. MOD Explanation for every rom. ( ensure to read this, there are few mods for each rom. )
  3. MOD Downloads. ( the downloads from my host, there must be all the zips, usually flasheable )
  4. MOD Comparisons. [ Videos and Photos with the mod ]
  5. Extra Stuff. ( Tutorials, Video-Tutorials, Questions and answers...etc )

Sense 3.5
Actually.
  • Better image quality ( compression set to 0% )
  • Higher bitrate values ( 10mbps up to 40mbps practically BluRay DVD quality in terms of bitrate ) nothing is more clear than this ;)
  • Generally increased FPS stability, and camera performance.
  • boost of 80MB.

In the Future.
  • Try to get working the 60FPS in any video mode.
  • Make few UI.
  • Improve a lot more the FPS performance in low light conditions.

CyanogenMOD Based

Actually.
  • Better image quality ( compression set to 0% )
  • Higher bitrate values 8mbps up to 20mbps only HD working. ( 1080 not working due kernel or system )
  • Better FPS
  • boost of 80MB.

In the Future.
  • Try to get working the 60FPS in any video mode.

What do you need to know before download or flash anything.

First of all, know what type of rom you have, there are 2 types.
  1. CyanogenMOD Roms ( also miui )
  2. Sense roms ( 3.0 | 3.5 ) is not the same, so be careful.

If you know aleardy what type of rom you have, download the mod below.

Here is the link, this link will send you to the main repository download, there you can find all the MODs.

Ensure to download the right one!!

BR CameraMOD - Sense 3.5 - v2 40mbps [Flasheable]
BR CameraMOD - Sense 3.5 - v2 20mbps [Flasheable]

THe amaze camera needs to be fixed, due misaligned icons, im waiting to have free time to fix this issue, so please be patient.
BR CameraMOD - Sense 3.5 Amaze - v2 40mbps [Flasheable]
BR CameraMOD - Sense 3.5 Amaze - v2 20mbps [Flasheable]

BR Cyanogen CameraMOD - Alpha - 20mbps [Manual installation]
Cyanogen CameraMOD is in alpha stage, so maybe is unstable, and need to be properly tested, and reported to me, thanks.
MANUAL INSTALLATION OF CYANOGEN CAMERA ON EXTRA STUFF ( BELOW THIS POST )

::: MIRRORS ( thanks to Slassh ) Multi Upload :::

CYANOGEN CAMERA MOD Audio bitrate is wrong, the right one is 130kbps 44.1Khz
comparisoncya.png

CyanogenMOD%20Photo%20Sample

Video Quality at 1080p 40mbps ( sense 3.5 )
Special thanks to Preven

Recomended ROMS:
NOTE: Download the newest versions of the roms, is recomended.

If there are more roms working fine with this mod ( or kernel ) must be added here, so i need reports, thanks.

Android Revolution HD 4.X.X ( sense 3.5 )
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098849

HyperSensation ( CyanogenMOD )
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1302969

MANUAL INSTALATION FOR CYANOGEN MOD

Last edited:

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
You can play with the values in /system/etc/media_profiles.xml but may be ultimately limited by restrictions at kernel level for the moment

Edit: you also need to consider potential sd I/O limitations

Sent from my s-on HTC sensation

The /system/etc/media_profiles.xml only work on Android 2.2 devices ( to my knowledge )

I don't care about I/O a class 4-6-10 works very well ( y can play videos with 20mbps and higher bitrate at 1080p without buffering ) and the SGSII with about 7MB/s of writes speed can do 30mbps so i think the sensation with higher i/o its ok.

The DSP it seems better than the SGSII, so i so I think you will not have bottleneck.

About the kernel... What?
to my knowledge, the O2X SGSII don't use the kernel to control bitrate speeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: matury

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
historically, the media_profiles linked to settings _in the kernel_. So changing a single file would do nothing without patching the kernel too.

(The media_profiles.xml file just describes the os what to expect, but it's the kernel + radio that actually controls the DSP). This is why you need a certain kernel + radio image for the HTC Desire for instance to enable 720p recording.

Now, I have no idea if it works the same on the sensation, I have _no_ information about the internal workings of the newer DSP.

For now, trust me when I say that comparing things to the SGSII has _no_ use whatsoever. The DSPs and the way of fetching images from the sensor are completely different. Also don't expect changing a simple .XML file will make a difference. This has not worked on HTC devices before, but who knows, maybe we're lucky now.

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
Bitrate can be affected by tweaking media_profiles.xml alone, in GB too, and yes, the kernel does come into it - video decoders & encoders

Just take a look to media_profiles... i cant see 1080p there, and any usefull information... so i think media_profiles isnt being used.

Ok, so... if edit kernel is needed, what is next? we can't do nothing? ( until become S-OFF? )

Last edited:

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Just take a look to media_profiles... i cant see 1080p there, and any usefull information... so i think media_profiles isnt being used.

Ok, so... if edit kernel is needed, what is next? we can't do nothing? ( until become S-OFF? )

Look again at the bottom of said xml. Even if you lift any constraints in the apk smalis they will be overidden by the limitations in media_profiles

Done a lot of development on these devices over the past few years, min/max Bitrate is defined in media profiles, along with several other "limitations"/ "min/max" values.

If additional kernel modifications are required (which is in theory possible) we would require source and s-off yes ;)

Rest assured, as soon as the source is up on HTC developers, a custom kernel is my number 1 priority

Last edited:

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
Look again at the bottom of said xml. Even if you lift any constraints in the apk smalis they will be overidden by the limitations in media_profiles

Done a lot of development on these devices over the past few years, min/max Bitrate is defined in media profiles, along with several other "limitations"/ "min/max" values.

If additional kernel modifications are required (which is in theory possible) we would require source and s-off yes ;)

Rest assured, as soon as the source is up on HTC developers, a custom kernel is my number 1 priority

Ok for now, we gonna wait.

The improvement of the camera is nessesary!! i think the sensation have a hard compression, and that was the reason why that crapy photos, and blurred videos. ( only 10mbps at 1080p and 8mbps at 720p )

thanks for the help.

charnsingh_online

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2009
Amritsar
media_profiles are only applicable to AOSP Roms and programs in the market, HTC controls everything on Sense from the Camera.apk itself

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
Well, finally we get S-OFF, so i will download the kernel, and check if we can do something with the camera ;)

mayesmwhite

Nov 15, 2009
Front Camera

Is there a way to improve the brightness/contrast of the front camera also? In med-low light levels when video chatting its completely dark.

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
Can't wait to mess with this. I'm getting me and my fiancée probably two 16GB class 10 cards so we definitely take advantage of this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
Here are two videos, first one with the mod and the second one without it - I hope tomeu won't mind if I post them :)

If you can (and may) can you upload your captured videos somewhere? The bitrate-improvement is visible, but youtube destroys it quite alot because 720p youtube has pretty low bitrate by itself. From the screenshots tomeu posted I'm actually very interested in the stream the Sensation creates, and I take back any negativity about it being possible :)

Top Liked Posts