Twitter and Lumia + Links

Search This thread

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
On my Lumia 800 I have these two issues and not on my HTC Titan. Hence I am presuming it is device specific bug and not OS related or services related.

1) I can't get my twitter to link on Lumia. Every time I add it, it does 'connecting to twitter' for a few minutes and then takes me back to emails+accounts. Nothing is added there, in people hub or under me tile!

2) I can't open any links - in emails, facebook, news articles, blog posts or IE! I tap on the hyperlinks and it does nothing!

Anyone else heard/know of these issues? Any solution suggestions?

I've done a hard reset and this is my 2nd handset. First one had exactly the same issues. Plus battery only lasts about 4-5 hours on this as well as the last one.

Got it on contract with o2.

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Have you got the latest firmware? 1600.2487.8107.12070, That was meant to enhance the battery issue, Links working from emails etc on mine ok, gave up using Twitter so can't really comment, Hope ya sort it.:confused:

Reactions: drupad2drupad

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Have you got the latest firmware? 1600.2487.8107.12070, That was meant to enhance the battery issue, Links working from emails etc on mine ok, gave up using Twitter so can't really comment, Hope ya sort it.:confused:

Did you give up twitter because you don't tweet any longer or you gave up because you can't sync it as well?

Know anyone else who had something similar?

I've talked to Nokia support, Nokia care, Zune support and Windows Phone UK - none of them have a clue!
I've been to O2 store twice now, they keep hard reseting my phone ffs and still doesn't fix anything!
Now they want me to send in my phone for repairs. Only had it for like 5 days and already had 2 replacements both with same issues - am sure it isn't a repair issue here :s

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
No gave up Twitter because it was ****e! and mainly on PC, but I did use it on my titan briefly with no problems, Don't know of anyone with similar issues sorry, Is it a branded O2 handset? I have an unlocked lumia but not sure where it originated/carrier wise as was from ebay, I would ***** slap the counter staff and get either a working one there and then or tell them to replace it with a 900, Really cannot think of why you cannot open links?

Read a few reviews of the twitter app and peeps complaining about not being able to log in etc, Maybe it's a lumia thing?
Or even a Giff gaff problem that is assuming ur still using your sim?
Try a different sim or even wi fi alone to narrow down your options.

Last edited:

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
No gave up Twitter because it was ****e! and mainly on PC, but I did use it on my titan briefly with no problems, Don't know of anyone with similar issues sorry, Is it a branded O2 handset? I have an unlocked lumia but not sure where it originated/carrier wise as was from ebay, I would ***** slap the counter staff and get either a working one there and then or tell them to replace it with a 900, Really cannot think of why you cannot open links?

Read a few reviews of the twitter app and peeps complaining about not being able to log in etc, Maybe it's a lumia thing?
Or even a Giff gaff problem that is assuming ur still using your sim?

It's a branded O2 handset. Giffgaff lives in my Titan. O2 micro-SIM in O2. I have a feeling it's got something to do with O2 branding. The unbranded one I tried before buying this was awesome in every way. I would love to get it swapped for 900 though ;) Sadly we don't even have one yet :(

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
No way you can cut your giff gaff sim down to try it? Shame as I just sold a black lumia on ebay unlocked etc, can you cancel the contract? If all else fails pre order a 900 from phones 4u, I did and its £36 pm available from the 27th.

##634# field test, run all tests? worth a go maybe.

Last edited:

shardnet

Mar 31, 2012
Twitter is apparently currently having an app linking bug "new features" or something.
If you're a new user you're out of luck for the time being. But if you had a signin earlier you're fine.

At least remember there being a report about it or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.