[UTILITY|S-OFF] RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer for Verizon HTC One

Search This thread

junkmail9

Description
Verizon HTC One Plug-In for the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer is now available!

WARNING: YOU MUST BE S-OFF TO USE THIS TOOL AND PLUG-IN

This plug-in will allow you to use the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer written by regaw_leinad.

With the tool and this plug-in, you can easily create a custom HTC firmware zip for the Verizon HTC One containing a custom bootloader image. You will be able to edit the *** UNLOCKED *** text on the top to whatever you want it to say, change the S-OFF to S-ON, change the bootloader's minor version number, update the bootloader's date and time stamp, and either hide or customize the splash screen disclaimer. Using this tool to change S-OFF to S-ON changes only the text on the screen, it does not change your s-off status of the phone. Same goes for "locked"/"unlocked"/"Relocked" so be careful to remember the correct state of your phone.

Choosing the "Stock" option, the tool automatically sets your banner to say *** LOCKED ***, changes S-OFF to S-ON and hides the HTC Development Splash Screen Disclaimer.

This program will NOT flash the zip for you, but it will create a PN07VZW.ZIP file and save it your computer. From there, you then need to flash it via fastboot.

The process (flashing a new bootloader) is dangerous and may possibly brick your device if done incorrectly. You have been warned

App Screenshot

MainApp_zps3677db26.jpg
InfoBox_zps8d9a5d6d.jpg

Screenshot

m7vzw_hboot_fastboot_SM_zps33eeaff7.jpg
m7vzw_hboot_redtext_SM_zps41bb280a.jpg

This plug-in is based on the stock 1.54.000 hboot (v.10).

How To Flash A firmware zip (Devices without a removable sdcard)

1. Reboot the phone into the bootloader by either:
    • Powering off your phone completely, then hold Volume-Down and Power until the phone boots into the bootloader
    • If you have the android sdk set up, type 'adb reboot-bootloader'
    • Use the RegawMOD Rebooter
  2. Connect your phone to the computer (if it isn't already) and issue the fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU
  3. To flash the zip, issue the fastboot command
    Code:
    fastboot flash zip <[SIZE=2]YourZipName>.zip[/SIZE]
  4. The device's progress bar may not be complete, but when the fastboot command says it's complete, issue the fastboot command below to see your changes
    Code:
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
  5. To complete the process, issue the fastboot command below to reboot your phone to normal operation
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

As noted in #4, the progress bar may not reach 100% when flashing this, and the the progress bar will likely look like this:

m7vzw_hboot_flashing_SM_zpsf8db2871.jpg

Just be sure to get the success response from the fastboot flash command and reboot via fastboot. Do not remove your phone from the computer until it has rebooted from the fastboot reboot command.

Download Latest Plug-In Release

Stock hboot 1.54.0000 v.10 Plug-In

MD5s are on the linked page. Be SURE to verify after downloading the plug-in.

This plug in works for the main app version 2.2.3 and newer.

Download Latest Bootloader Customizer App
The main app can be found in regaw_leinad's OP here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786498

Reminder
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE

Credits
Main Program and awesome instructions for plug-in: regaw_leinad <-- Be sure give him "Thanks" on his OP
Verizon HTC One Plug-in: Me
Brave Tester & Additional Support: mdmower
Also thanks to mdmower for the outstanding phone screenshots.
Additional thanks to:
cyber_prometheus for offering to be first to test
andybones for the request to make this plugin in the first place.

Last edited:

BreakingVZW

Jul 7, 2012
Carmel
Lol awesome. Gonna use this like a mofo. Chocolate Chip Kick-Ass HTC One here I come.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Who wants me to change it to F*ck Verizon and then go into a store and have their "tech support" check it out?

mdmower

Sep 14, 2011
will this v.10 hboot work correctly when I am still on firmware .8?

The answer is likely yes as long as you stay s-off, assuming only decryption keys were updated between hboots which is likely considering the hboot version number didn't increment between OTAs. Really though, the safest route is to install stock and let the v10 OTA apply. It is mostly just a radio update I believe, and then you're sure to have compatible firmware. You can stay s-off through this whole process.

jmotyka

May 19, 2009
Right behind U!
I keep getting error loading plugin even though i have it in the same folder as RegawMod. They are the only two files in that folder TBH. IDK what to do from here.

Reactions: junkmail9

junkmail9

I keep getting error loading plugin even though i have it in the same folder as RegawMod. They are the only two files in that folder TBH. IDK what to do from here.

Make sure you have the latest main program. You will get an error loading plug in with earlier versions. If your main program is current and you have only one plug in, then the program will automatically load the single plugin in the same directory.

Also double check the md5 signature of the downloaded plugin.

Update: Main program needs to be version 2.2.3, not 2.2.2 as originally stated. Thanks to jmotyka for finding that. OP Updated accordingly.

Last edited:

junkmail9

Im running windows 7 64bit Home Premium. .NET is installed.

That's strange. I have tested this on both 32-bit Windows XP and on Windows 7 64-bit (Professional) without any issues.

For the sake of troubleshooting, try downloading a different plug-in to see if it loads in the main program. Don't actually make a zip with the test plugin if it loads and absolutely do not flash it to your phone if you do make a zip... you'll end up with a brick. Be sure to delete the "other" plug-in after testing.

jmotyka

May 19, 2009
Right behind U!
Error Loading Plugin for both HTC One and Droid INC.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Im trying .net 4.5 to see if that will work.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Ok so i updated to .net 4.5 and restarted and im still getting the error.

junkmail9

Error Loading Plugin for both HTC One and Droid INC.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Im trying .net 4.5 to see if that will work.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Ok so i updated to .net 4.5 and restarted and im still getting the error.
Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Update: On my XP machine, I have the following .NET installed: 1.1, 2.0sp2, 3.0sp2, 3.5sp1, 4 client profile, 4 extended, and 4 multi-targeting pack. I can not check my Win7 64-bit machine for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmotyka

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Right click on the plugin dll file, and in the General tab, click on "Unblock". You need to do that since the dll was downloaded from the internet. Doesn't the error message tell you to do that?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmotyka

jmotyka

May 19, 2009
Right behind U!
I will check it out as soon as I get to work. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you guys. TTYL. Thank you for your hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    Verizon HTC One Plug-In for the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer is now available!

This plug-in will allow you to use the RegawMOD Bootloader Customizer written by regaw_leinad.

With the tool and this plug-in, you can easily create a custom HTC firmware zip for the Verizon HTC One containing a custom bootloader image. You will be able to edit the *** UNLOCKED *** text on the top to whatever you want it to say, change the S-OFF to S-ON, change the bootloader's minor version number, update the bootloader's date and time stamp, and either hide or customize the splash screen disclaimer. Using this tool to change S-OFF to S-ON changes only the text on the screen, it does not change your s-off status of the phone. Same goes for "locked"/"unlocked"/"Relocked" so be careful to remember the correct state of your phone.

Choosing the "Stock" option, the tool automatically sets your banner to say *** LOCKED ***, changes S-OFF to S-ON and hides the HTC Development Splash Screen Disclaimer.

This program will NOT flash the zip for you, but it will create a PN07VZW.ZIP file and save it your computer. From there, you then need to flash it via fastboot.

The process (flashing a new bootloader) is dangerous and may possibly brick your device if done incorrectly. You have been warned

App Screenshot

MainApp_zps3677db26.jpg
    InfoBox_zps8d9a5d6d.jpg

Screenshot

m7vzw_hboot_fastboot_SM_zps33eeaff7.jpg
    m7vzw_hboot_redtext_SM_zps41bb280a.jpg

This plug-in is based on the stock 1.54.000 hboot (v.10).

How To Flash A firmware zip (Devices without a removable sdcard)

1. Reboot the phone into the bootloader by either:
      • Powering off your phone completely, then hold Volume-Down and Power until the phone boots into the bootloader
      • If you have the android sdk set up, type 'adb reboot-bootloader'
      • Use the RegawMOD Rebooter
    2. Connect your phone to the computer (if it isn't already) and issue the fastboot command
      Code:
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
    3. To flash the zip, issue the fastboot command
      Code:
      fastboot flash zip <[SIZE=2]YourZipName>.zip[/SIZE]
    4. The device's progress bar may not be complete, but when the fastboot command says it's complete, issue the fastboot command below to see your changes
      Code:
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
    5. To complete the process, issue the fastboot command below to reboot your phone to normal operation
      Code:
      fastboot reboot

As noted in #4, the progress bar may not reach 100% when flashing this, and the the progress bar will likely look like this:

m7vzw_hboot_flashing_SM_zpsf8db2871.jpg

Just be sure to get the success response from the fastboot flash command and reboot via fastboot. Do not remove your phone from the computer until it has rebooted from the fastboot reboot command.

Download Latest Plug-In Release

Stock hboot 1.54.0000 v.10 Plug-In

MD5s are on the linked page. Be SURE to verify after downloading the plug-in.

This plug in works for the main app version 2.2.3 and newer.

Download Latest Bootloader Customizer App
    The main app can be found in regaw_leinad's OP here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1786498

Reminder
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - YOU COULD BRICK YOUR PHONE

Credits
    Main Program and awesome instructions for plug-in: regaw_leinad <-- Be sure give him "Thanks" on his OP
    Verizon HTC One Plug-in: Me
    Brave Tester & Additional Support: mdmower
    Also thanks to mdmower for the outstanding phone screenshots.
    Additional thanks to:
    cyber_prometheus for offering to be first to test
    andybones for the request to make this plugin in the first place.
    Lol awesome. Gonna use this like a mofo. Chocolate Chip Kick-Ass HTC One here I come.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Who wants me to change it to F*ck Verizon and then go into a store and have their "tech support" check it out?

Awesome you got this tested! Nice work, @junkmail9.
    Does anyone have a source/link for the new official Verizon HTC One .15 hboot?

sure do. :)