Xperia T increase headset volume?

Search This thread

kxf41

Mar 21, 2011
Hi I would like to increase the headset volume on my phone it is far to quiet when listening to music in my car via the audio jack, I used to have a galaxy s i9000 and I used the voodoo amp app that turned up the gain from -10 to +2 and it sounded incredible in the car but my Sony outputs at a much lower volume and sounds pants in comparison!

I've tried a lot of volume boost apps in play store and I've tried flashing sound mods like v4a and zeroinfinitys volume boost and superloud but nothing makes any difference at all!

And I'm stuck with a bootloader unlock allowed : no phone so unable to install custom kernels

Any help to turn up the volume in some way would be greatly appreciated......

Thanks in advance

kxf41

Mar 21, 2011
One last attempt for a response lol

This phone will be for sale if I can't sort this volume out or unlock the bootloader I will go back to samsung

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011
I have had a similar issue. Increasing gain will kill quality. And I don't think you want that. My recommendation is to buy a headset with a higher sensitivity. I always look for something higher than 105db because this stupid phone.

Reactions: kxf41

kxf41

Mar 21, 2011
That's good news volume is louder in 4.3! I'm currently using poweramp paid version, I have dvc enabled and I've turned up the pre amp slider on the equaliser a bit but not a lot of difference in the sound have I missed a setting somewhere??

kxf41

Mar 21, 2011
I never use an actual headset I plug the phone into the aux in on my car stereo, I don't know the hardware differences between the 2 phones I have but with the Sony plugged in and all volumes on max it sounds very quiet but if I plug in my old galaxy s running cm7 and voodoo sound if all volumes were maxed speaker damage would almost definitely occur it is sooooo much louder and the quality is still crystal clear in my opinion

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
This is a problem of too high impedance of your car device for XT, hardware related... You could use a preamp.
But wait for 4.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One last attempt for a response lol

This phone will be for sale if I can't sort this volume out or unlock the bootloader I will go back to samsung

Wait for 4.3 update, stock volume is louder.

But have you tried poweramp ? Gain can be increased a lot.
    I have had a similar issue. Increasing gain will kill quality. And I don't think you want that. My recommendation is to buy a headset with a higher sensitivity. I always look for something higher than 105db because this stupid phone.