downgrade confirmation

Search This thread

anikanu

Jun 24, 2013
bikaner
Well, in my region, the vast majority of buyers don't even know what root is, so it's never been an issue for me. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. The Note 3 doesn't show any issues at all when reflashed unless Knox flag is tripped. Even then, the only "issue" is the warranty bit flag shown in Download mode and the loss of Knox container, which almost nobody uses. Out of a 100 buyers, you might find one that knows what root is and less than that who know how to get to Download mode, and even fewer who'd potentially use Knox, so no, not a problem.

do u have mass storage mode

coz I have only media transfer and camera protocol only

I am unable to access many files and folders starting with a . in their name

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
but wgen I connect to pc I dont see the files and folders whose name is starting with a (.)
Mass Storage mode seems to be a kernel issue - there is a thread of success with it Here

Apparently another little "GOTCHA!" Knox present from Samsung.

I haven't found a reason to use mass storage mode - MTP shows me Phone and Card and if I need more I use ES File Explorer on the phone for root and other hidden folders.

anikanu

Jun 24, 2013
bikaner
Mass Storage mode seems to be a kernel issue - there is a thread of success with it Here

Apparently another little "GOTCHA!" Knox present from Samsung.

I haven't found a reason to use mass storage mode - MTP shows me Phone and Card and if I need more I use ES File Explorer on the phone for root and other hidden folders.

I mean we can see th hidden files and folders with a . at starting of name in es file explorer or even in the stock samsung file manager

but if we want to see those same files on pc then they are nowhere shown on pc

anikanu

Jun 24, 2013
bikaner
I rooted via CF-AutoRoot (as my signature indicates below) and there were no problems. For me, KitKat is working perfectly in every respect.

No, you cannot reset the Knox binary trigger. I could not possibly care any less about it at this point in time.

I plan to use the device until something better comes along, then sell it, so why worry about it?

www.teamandroid.com/2014/01/21/root...alaxy-note-3-n900-kitkat-official-firmware/2/

Hello did u use this method

What is the triangle awat mentioned in it.....and also whats is difference in binary counter, knox flag and yellow triangle

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how r u having knox still 0 even after rooting
    You need to do some searching on the site. All these questions have answers that have been gone over and over.

Early 4.3 users could root their phone but Knox gets tripped. RDLV method worked then without tripping Knox up till MJ3 of 4.3. Anything above that as stock and Knox gets tripped. KitKat goes one step further in that you cannot revert to 4.3 at all, even if you are willing to trip Knox.

You can root the phone but AFAIK (I haven't bothered with KK - my phone runs brilliantly on v6 (4.3) Omega) you trip Knox anyway you do it.

Knox 0x1 may or may not doom your warranty - somecountries have laws that say Samsung cannot quirm out of hardware problems by claiming software changes. You may or may not care about Knox. Mine is a grey import from HK that I had all kinds of fun getting over to a non-freaky ROM, so when it eventually triggered Knox I didn't give a toss. I did root the phone with RDLV and changed ROMs several times before something that shouldn't have, tripped the Knox bit.

Now there is about as brief a history as you will get. Use what is in it to go search and find any more complete answers.

Always search before asking basic questions - at the least it means you will be able to ask intelligent questions, not ones you can find by looking at the titles of recent posts in Q&A forums.
    hello guys

I have a sm-n900.....it came upgraded to kitkat in the box

although the performance of the phone is mind blowing but I feel it is a battery draimer......and also I read reviews on net that people with jellybean used to have their battery last more than one day with usual udage but in my case it is only upto 16-17 hrs

I thought of downgrading to jellybean and went to service cemtre where they told me that downgrading in not possible in note 3

I then searched at home and found it is bit complicated and if we do we may loose update to kitkat if we want afterwards

like in my earlier s2 (i9100) and note (n7000) I could flash any firmware anytime

but wat to do downgrade this to jellybean without loosing the possibilities of update to kitkat

you cant downgrade at all
    just not going to happen sorry bud:(
    plz someone

I know people are here having far big issues compared to mine

but I would be really happy is someone would guide me through this

The reason you are not getting any response is because this question has been asked 59 billion times a day since KK rolled out, and the other million plus members who are aware of it are restraining themselves through giant facepalms.

In short, no, there is no way to downgrade.
    so can I root the phone and move to some other custom kernel based rom and then flash jellybean via odin

wat wud happen if I do it using odin.....will it hardbrick or some apps wont work.....plz tell...I know its annoying but plz
    Forget jelly beans you can never go back all it will do is Bootloop
    u mean I cant even go to cm10.2 too

No, you can't