Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA

Attachments

• 1436502998777.jpg
    1436502998777.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: francwalter

fazi78

Well. I have xposed module called "Swype Tweaks"from this topic :)
and another keyboard "iWnn IME" (founded one that works with note 4 cause originally come from nexus) where you can choice only emoji keyboard or Japanes input.
So where I long press enter in Swype, xposed module changing keyboard to emoji keyboard and when I press cancel in emoji keyboard I'm going back to Swype :)

Hope my English is understandable?
Now I understand you! Good idea!
How do you do this?

I fast switch keyboards with tasker and secure settings add-on.

sponsored by @firmawirlandii

Reactions: francwalter

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
You don't know about this module's main function?
Oh no! I forgot that this can change to a keyboard not only to the voice input keyboard which is as well just another keyboard, sorry :(
Well. I have xposed module called "Swype Tweaks"from this topic :)
and another keyboard "iWnn IME" (founded one that works with note 4 cause originally come from nexus) where you can choice only emoji keyboard or Japanes input...
Oh yes! Clear now :)
Thank for it. Good idea!

When I first met Dragon dictation I was astonished how good it recognizes and used it mostly and never Google voice input. Dragons can distiguish many things, not only words, e.g. "new line" such stuff.
But now Google Voice Input is nearly the same good and its offline usable, which is the main drawback with Dragon: not at all working with slow internet.
So proposal for Swype Tweak: to use the Dragon Button for another keyboard, could have two like this.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
I have around 60-65 apps installed on my phone, and Swype is the only app amongst them all which lags while typing, or swyping. And I have noticed that that micro lag disappears when I put the CPU to run at maximum frequency always, but quite normally that makes the battery life poorer. So I wish this mod let the CPU run at max frequency when Swype keyboard is open, and disable it when it's not open.

GatoL0c0

Jul 6, 2010
Escondido, CA
I have around 60-65 apps installed on my phone, and Swype is the only app amongst them all which lags while typing, or swyping. And I have noticed that that micro lag disappears when I put the CPU to run at maximum frequency always, but quite normally that makes the battery life poorer. So I wish this mod let the CPU run at max frequency when Swype keyboard is open, and disable it when it's not open.

What you want isn't what this mod is made for. It's meant only for a few modifications. I've been using Swype for 4-5 years and haven't had problems with it lagging. It's either your ROM, another app or something in your setup that's causing this.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
What you want isn't what this mod is made for. It's meant only for a few modifications. I've been using Swype for 4-5 years and haven't had problems with it lagging. It's either your ROM, another app or something in your setup that's causing this.
Yes, something is causing this, and those are a combination of my brain, eye and then Swype itself. Cause it's lagging, and my eyes see it, and then my brain processes it. So it must be great to be 'you'.

Also no mod is out there which is made for someone's want, so save some time by not stating the obvious.

Yes, something is causing this, and those are a combination of my brain, eye and then Swype itself. Cause it's lagging, and my eyes see it, and then my brain processes it. So it must be great to be 'you'.

Also no mod is out there which is made for someone's want, so save some time by not stating the obvious.

Swype used to lag somewhat on phone too, especially when I had two language at the same time selected. But it was on my old phone, a Galaxy Nexus. Is your phone old?

You could perhaps achieve what you want through Tasker. You could set it up such that increases the CPU frequency whenever the keyboard is present. But it will be difficult to do if you have no Tasker experience.

Reactions: GatoL0c0

picklu

Aug 25, 2013
Picklu.com
After updating to latest version of Swype now long press option is opening the emoji keyboard... Other keyboard is not opening! Please add another key for opening the other keyboard!

Reactions: viva-yo

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
I put an issue in the github
Another issue because there is no intro how to compile. I saw in the github that there is already some changes (pull request) through the new SwypeTweaks developer "netkaion" (Thanks!), the Swype button could be used now, but no apk has been made yet, so the change are not public. At least the pull request has been merged through Danation, great!. I guess he is really rare on time so a short howto in the README.md about compiling could give the future for this App a way :)
I shortly tried to put it into eclipse, but stopped when I saw that there is missing a lot libraries, starting with the Xposed ones.
EDIT: it was not difficult to compile, but extremely easy in eclipse, only the Xposed API is necessary (put into a subdir lib of source dir and add).

Last edited:

francwalter

Nov 13, 2011
I compiled the pull request of netkeion, where the button is set as short press onto the Swype button, works on my phone (SGS4, CM12).
The only thing with this is, that now the normal use of the swype button is no longer available, means to mark fastly a word with the Swype button is not possible with this. A feature I like to use. @Danation: can I attach the apk of this version till there is a new solution?

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
I compiled the pull request of netkeion, where the button is set as short press onto the Swype button, works on my phone (SGS4, CM12).
The only thing with this is, that now the normal use of the swype button is no longer available, means to mark fastly a word with the Swype button is not possible with this. A feature I like to use. @Danation: can I attach the apk of this version till there is a new solution?

Please don't. As you pointed out, it removes the button's functionality. There are some other issues that also need to be addressed. Please be patient.

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
I released a new version.

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
  • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
  • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Nice. Works on Lollipop 5.0.1 deodexed Samsung.
Request:
Is it possible to separate single recolour so to change only one of the colour proposed keeping the deselected as stock skin, instead of all together?
Tnx.

+1

e.g. would be nice to be able to only change the alt key color, and leave the trace color as stock.

I started it out that way, but it's actually a massive pain. After fighting it for a while, I decided all of the color changes have to be at the same time (for now.)

The way Android handles Preferences is pretty awful. It's seriously one of the things I dread most whenever I work on this project. I might just give up on their stuff and write my own preference management to make things like this easier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Feb 19, 2017: Hey guys. I know it's been forever since I posted. I keep thinking I'll eventually get back to working on this, but it just hasn't happened. The problem is time and patience. Digging through disassembled code is tedious and very time consuming, so I haven't been able to devote the time or drum up the motivation to work more on it.

So it's official: I'm not planning any active development on this for the foreseeable future. If I ever decide to work on it more, I'll post an update here. Also, if anybody wants to contribute, I'll happily accept Pull Requests on GitHub, push releases, etc.

Introduction:

Swype is an amazing IME, and it has been my favorite for a long time. However, it has some faults. The biggest annoyance is voice dictation: Dragon is forced on you and there is no good way to use Google's superior voice recognition.

This module opens the Google voice typing input when you hit the voice button. It should act just like any other keyboard that has a voice button.

Additionally, there are options to change some colors and other tweaks.

This should work with all recent versions of Swype, including OEM, Google Play paid, Google Play trial, etc. If you have any problems, please let me know.

Download:

SwypeTweaks at repo.xposed.info

This app requires Xposed.

You also need Google Voice Search installed.

Issues:

None that I know of, currently.

What's Next:

I can only really work on this during weekends, so updates won't be extremely fast, but I'll do my best.

Here are the next features I'm attempting, in order:
    1. Get rid of all orange (In progress.)
    2. Much more flexible key remapping

Features I am considering and investigating:
    • Customize gestures
    • Pop up a toast message/notification when a gesture is used.
    • Layout changes. This is likely to be too difficult.

Special thanks:

rovo89 for the Xposed Framework and also for helping me in the framework thread.
    alaskajoel for the great idea and for testing
    arpruss for the emoji disabling feature
    netkeion and francwalter for helping with the IME switching

Changelog:

• Removed some code that caused a disappearing microphone button for a user

• Lowered minimum time threshold for long pressing keys
    • Changed "Long press enter" to "long press speech key", since doing a long press on the enter key doesn't work anymore (thanks netkeion and francwalter)
    • Removed emoji disabler, since there is now a setting built into Swype.

• An option has been added to disable emoji in the word suggestion bar. This excellent feature was written by arpruss and is included in SwypeTweaks with arpruss's permission

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

• This should now work with all recent versions of Swype (OEM, both Play Store versions, etc.) I changed the mechanism of how it launches Google Voice Recognition, so please let me know if this causes any problems. It should act exactly the same.
    • Added an option to launch the iWnn emoji keyboard when long pressing the Enter key (assuming iWnn is installed.)
    • Added settings activity to enable/disable features (more are planned.)

1.0.1 - Very minor update to allow this to work with the trial version of Swype.
    Also added better logging for support.

1.0 - Initial release

Source:

https://github.com/Danation/SwypeTweaks
    @Danation: are you still on board and busy or did you abandon this great project?
    Long time not a word from you here :(

I'm hoping he didn't Tbh..[emoji85]

I PM'ed him a few days ago but he didn't reply.
    I too hope that he doesn't abandon this module because this is my favourite module.

his last activity shows sometime back in september. I am inclined to say his involvement is done with. Bummer, really - this was the most useful mod for me.

I apologize for this. Life got too crazy for a while for me to work on hobbies. Thankfully it's starting to calm down a bit.

I'm also pretty disheartened at the gloomy outlook of Xposed on Lollipop. It sounds like the main developer is pretty burned out.

Having said that, my current plan IS to keep working on this when I can. I can't promise a timeline, but I promise I will not just completely disappear. If there's a time when I decide I'm done, I will let you know.

I also encourage contributions. My source code (as un-pretty as it is) is on Github.
    New version:

• More color customization
    • Color pickers for changing color
    • Show microphone key instead of Dragon Flame when the replacement is enabled
    • Better performance for trace color change

Note: If you already had a custom trace color, it will be lost and you'll need to set it again.
    Sorry I haven't posted for a bit.

So far, my trace color change attempts haven't been successful, but I'll keep trying.

For people having issues with the emoji keyboards, I think I'll solve this by making the settings more general. I'll see if I can have an option for selecting which IME to launch when long pressing enter.
    I guess this went to your spam folder.
    Any news?

As a matter of fact, there is! I just released a new version:

• You can now change the trace color
    • Long pressing enter can change between keyboards
    • Better error handling

Let me know how it goes :)