[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][AOKP-Milestone 5]Galaxian-Soup[GT-7310/7300][05.01.2012]

Search This thread

harry_fine

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
On the newest release, 32, I find I am getting FC's of the UI despite doing what was advised about the menu bar. Anyone else finding the same? I did a full wipe prior to installing, changed permissions after installing, multiple re-boots, but still getting force closings of the UI.

Riche101UK

Sep 19, 2011
Need some help I need to start using sd cards n usb sticks with my tab. Is there away via rom to mount and unmount sd cards etc or is there an app I should use Thnx

Sent from my GT-P7310 using XDA Premium HD app

Fall Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Does this ROM support for an external SD card adapter?

It does work but unlike the stock ROM it doesn't open a window to show it. If you open File Manager HD (other apps are available :) ) you have a storage option where you can browse the SD card. I have a cheap USBOTG adaptor and it works fine, *****es when you pull it but works.

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
The SystemUI error is really irritating. Tried the method to remove the system error but is not working at all.

Any other fix I could try on?

I ended up pulling app/SystemUI.apk and framework/framework-res.apk from Build 31 and replacing them on my Tab and that solved my FCs. They are supposed to have the fix in Build 33 but waiting for it to be released and 'Souped

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

Reactions: harry_fine

heilmaenner

Apr 28, 2009
Just installed this version. Even on first boot I see no menu bar. I updated from r3 / build 29, wiped cached partition. Can't get it to work when playing around in ROM control settings. Hm ...

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
Just installed this version. Even on first boot I see no menu bar. I updated from r3 / build 29, wiped cached partition. Can't get it to work when playing around in ROM control settings. Hm ...

r33 fixes this! getit over at aokp.co (wifi only) or wait a little longer for the soup team to make a version. the navbar hiding actually works really great now!!!!

Will this work a P7300 (3G version)? Because the file name says WiFi...

it works, however you will have no 3G! so if you depend on 3g you are probably better of waiting for a "souped" version

pseudoheld

May 8, 2009
Yes, it is indeed working. But I don't understand how to get the navbar back to visible. In settings, navbar is not set to hidden (can't remeber the exact terms because I flashed back to r3) ...

go to:
Systemsettings-Rom Settings-Power Menu Options-Show Navigation Bar Toggle

Then just do a long press of the power button. you will then see 4 extra buttons.
the power button (bottom left) toggles the navbar on/off
the other three mimic the functionality of the now hidden navbar (home,back,options)
hitting the "power" button will either hide or bring back the navbar. works instantly and very reliably now!

heilmaenner

Apr 28, 2009
Da muss man erst mal drauf kommen ;)

Cool, works now. Got my navbar back! Still I don't understand the advantage of "hiding" the bar in power menu ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxian-Soup is proud to bring you Milestone 5 of The Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-7310/GT-7300!

You know our roms, We HAVE 3g! :)
    Still the only place to get AOKP based rom's for the Galaxy Tab 8.9! Tell Roman (of AOKP) you want Galaxian Soup to become the officiaal maintainer of AOKP for the grab 8.9!

*** Update 05/10/2012 ***
    We are now official with AOKP and Roman!! New builds will be posted shortly in a new thread being composed.

Change Log
    AOKP Milestone 3 Galaxian Soup (with motley kernel v3+)
    • Based on AOKP build 34 (Apr 30 sync)
    • Fixed, 3g mobile data indicator
    • Various wifi fixes

Downloads

GT-7310 WiFi

GT-7300 3G

Google Apps

Torrent Links
    Courtesy of ceno808
    • See bottom of Post (ms5 lol coming soon)

Previous Releases

Working
    • Pretty Much everything our AOSP rom does

Not working:
    • Cameras *this is going to wait most likely for samsung :-/
    • Torch

Installation:
    *** You should be able to flash over previous builds, we have tested, if you have issues after, please try a wipe/re-flash ***

1. In CWM recovery, clear your data/factory reset
    2. Clear the dalvik cache (under advanced, or under the wipe menu in overcome cwm)
    3. Flash the provided zip using CWM recovery
    4. Flash gapps from CWM recovery
    5. Bootup and setup your Google account
    6. OC if you want with ROMControl and set to interactive governor!
    7. Give it a chance, this is a deodexed ROM and will boot slow the first time and when you use apps the first time.

Videos
    • Reserved

SIZE="4"]Change Log[/SIZE]
    AOKP b34 Galaxian Soup (with motley kernel v3+)
    • Based on AOKP build 34 (Apr 26 sync)
    • Fixed, 3g mobile data indicator

Change Log
    AOKP b32 Galaxian Soup (with motley kernel v3+) April 01, 2012
    • Based on AOKP build 32 (Apr 18 sync)

Release 3 (with motley kernel v3+) April 01, 2012
    • Based on AOKP build 29 (Mar 31 sync)

AOKP-GS-R3 (with motley kernel v3+, 7310/7300) March 31, 2012
    • See aokp website for full change log.
    • ro.build.id set to IMM76D (android 4.0.4)

AOKP-GS-R2 (with motley kernel v3+, 7310/7300) March 23, 2012
    • Bluetooth tethering fixes (thanks rmcc and CyanogenMod)
    • 3G tethering fixes (thanks isimobile)
    • ro.build.id set to IML74K in case any apps require it (Chrome's recent patch makes this not necessary any more)
    • webkit patch from Google, still testing to see if it helps the random browser freezes.
    • Upgraded Broadcom wifi driver from stock bcm4330 to bcmdhd 5.90.195.35 (thanks pershoot)
    • Misc wireless and network patches

Team Galaxian-Soup!
    • nycbjr - Team Leader, dev, AOKP build master (for this release lol) testing/troubleshooting, and lead motivator
      Editor of iTweakiT.com
      the COMPULSiVE REENGINEERING blog
    • motley - lead dev, p5 device tree, final build, kernel development, all around awesomeness!
    • termleech - Dev bringing considerable experience from the Galaxy Nexus and Moto Atrix ICS world
      Twitter: @codemonkeyjava
      Google+ gplus.to/codemonkeyjava
    • tommrazek01 - testing/troubleshooting, ideas guy, future boot animations
      Twitter
      Google+
    • poisike - pioneer testing with other tegra ICS ROMs, testing/troubleshooting, Lead 3g

Credits:
    • Google - and the AOSP for the releasing the OS
    • The Android Open Kang Project [AOKP], and specificaly Roman, thanks a million!
    • Samsung for the awesome device and kernel source (for HC 3.1 at least)
    • alterbridge - for his CWM Recovery port for 73xx.

Source's are available soon on GitHub

galaxian-soup-logo-500x500-BUBBLE-3-alt-sm.jpg
    Screenshots

Screenshot_2012-03-11-21-51-15.png

Screenshot_2012-03-11-21-47-45.png

Screenshot_2012-03-11-21-35-28.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-14-43-43.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-14-44-00.png

Screenshot_2012-03-08-14-44-54.png
    hey kids!

New builds posted in OP! wifi and 3g, based on AOKP b32.

The 3g build was limited tested so please let us know asap if there are any connection type issues. Hereby placing another call for volunteer 3g pre-testers!

Please IM me if interested

Thanks!
    and still no update for 3g from galaxian soup.
    oh man...

i'm pretty sure most of the devs have a real life, job & better things to do than build roms for each release...
    be patient. its free! if you don't like it figure out how to build and compile the rom yourself.
    sorry if i sound kinda mean but people complaining about devs not releasing stuff, when the devs do it in their own time and for free kinda pisses me off...
    With the greatest of respect, I did read all the posts, I've been following since the beginning. I was wondering with the AOKP folks being on build 32, whether or not we would be getting an upgrade.

Yes, I have a concern like everyone else about the camera but I know that's a problem across all ROM's. However if this one wasn't being developed, then it would not have a camera...not ever. There is no law that a ROM has to be developed forever.

We've been working on the camera for all gtab 8.9s (we would immediately share with all rom builders), but its not as easy as snapping your fingers. I personally have spent 12+ hours attempting to adapt the ICS wrapper (which has little to no documentation and isn't even for our SOC).

Blame samsung for their lack of expediency in releasing the source code or a rom. Once that happens (or a miracle of programming genius) we will add the camera support post haste.

For the record we will continue to develop this and the AOSP rom (and perhaps another), we have the experience to bring you quality. We hope you continue to appreciate our effort's, my build env is fixed so updates will come faster.

Ciao