[Q] Upgraded to KitKat, its not possible to go back to JellyBean??

Search This thread

Mandic

Mar 13, 2014
From what ive read and understand, if you try to flash to 4.3 after already having upgraded to 4.4.2, you will brick your phone or it just wont work? Is this true or not, please help! IF you can flash to a previous OS, can anyone post a link on how to do it the right way or explain how to do this, preaze?

gabesir

Jun 2, 2010
cooper city
you should be able to flash the stock mj4 .tar thru ODIN once is flash you may get stock on boot screen, go into stock recovery and clear cache and reset data and reboot.

If this dont work you can flash KK .tar and be back at square one.

eric303

Jun 20, 2010
from what i understand you cant downgrade, it will brick it. But i wonder if you downgrade just the modem if it will have the same issue

droidcruzer

Jul 8, 2010
Kansas City
no downgrade...........yet hopefully

If you try to flash the stock MJ4 ROM after upgrading to KK, your phone will do nothing but reboot over and over, going no farther than the Galaxy note 3 splash screen. You CAN downgrade just the modem without bricking the phone, but I will tell you that when I did, I lost Wi-Fi. I have had horrible signal strength and signal since moving to KK 4.4.2. Even worse, something I didn't find out until after going to KK, SMS blockers won't work. Apparently there is something with the default messaging app where a notification will get sent no matter what to the default messaging app. So you'll get two notifications. You'll get get one in the blocker program and one in the default messaging app. Way to go Google on not preparing devs better, fail. Anyway, here is a link to a thread where you can get the MJ4 and NAB modems as well as the engineering bootloader. The stock bootloader is there too, but I think merely for entertainment purposes lol Anywho, here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51165389 As I stated before, I lost Wi-Fi when I flashed MJ4. So just flash MJ4 first, then NAB, and you should see some........some improvement in signal strength.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no downgrade...........yet hopefully

If you try to flash the stock MJ4 ROM after upgrading to KK, your phone will do nothing but reboot over and over, going no farther than the Galaxy note 3 splash screen. You CAN downgrade just the modem without bricking the phone, but I will tell you that when I did, I lost Wi-Fi. I have had horrible signal strength and signal since moving to KK 4.4.2. Even worse, something I didn't find out until after going to KK, SMS blockers won't work. Apparently there is something with the default messaging app where a notification will get sent no matter what to the default messaging app. So you'll get two notifications. You'll get get one in the blocker program and one in the default messaging app. Way to go Google on not preparing devs better, fail. Anyway, here is a link to a thread where you can get the MJ4 and NAB modems as well as the engineering bootloader. The stock bootloader is there too, but I think merely for entertainment purposes lol Anywho, here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51165389 As I stated before, I lost Wi-Fi when I flashed MJ4. So just flash MJ4 first, then NAB, and you should see some........some improvement in signal strength.