[ROM][7/4/2011] Liberty S(GingerSense 2.3.3) 4th of July BBQ Special(WildfireS/Salsa)

Search This thread

Noz85

Aug 7, 2010
California
www.facebook.com
You guys should check out android revolution hd in the inspire section.
There are bits of the sense 3 Roms (pyramid and kingdom) in there. You guys do know you would have to resize everything to make it fit the aria, which means editing the m10 files. There is a tool but I think its somewhere in the desire HD section... Also read the RCmix3d topics in the desire hd devs section there are a lot of devs tips in there from when the porting started. Good luck

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
You guys should check out android revolution hd in the inspire section.
There are bits of the sense 3 Roms (pyramid and kingdom) in there. You guys do know you would have to resize everything to make it fit the aria, which means editing the m10 files. There is a tool but I think its somewhere in the desire HD section... Also read the RCmix3d topics in the desire hd devs section there are a lot of devs tips in there from when the porting started. Good luck

Thanks! Here's a link to the m10 editor which is crucial to porting anything of Sense 3.0. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13407763

Sent from my HTC Liberty S using a finger

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
Wow, did this thread get hijacked......... :confused:

No, but there should probably be a separate thread for it.

Edit: Here's the new separate thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161006
All things related to the porting process should be posted there, not here.

Last edited:

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Drowning is there a way to enable compcache through terminal? I think this rom could really benefit from it for stability.

Sent from HTC Aria - GB Salsa Sense 2.1 + Drowning Kernel

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
In the terminal you type su, then enter. Then you type, compcache start 6000, then enter. The 6000 is how many megabytes of swap you want, I use 6000. (Speedy!)

I'm getting a permission denied when running that command in TE. I did type su before and had the # sign.

EDIT: It's funny that even when I get the "Permission Denied", when I type free in TE, I am seeing swap usage of 52360 which means Compcache is enabled correct?

Last edited:

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Use a program like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to edit the permissions of the compcache file so you can run it as executable. There are commands you can do through terminal, I just can't remember them.

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Use a program like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to edit the permissions of the compcache file so you can run it as executable. There are commands you can do through terminal, I just can't remember them.

The properties of the file are already saying readable and writable. Not sure why I'm getting this message. Plus from the readings I get when typing "free" in TE, it seems compcache is up and running.

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
There is a third column on mine for "executable" and none of the boxes were checked. I checked them and it let me run it. Now I just gotta figure out this error. Using ES File Explorer btw.

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Indeed this error is a non-issue. For anyone wanting to verify compcache is working type these commands into terminal

Code:
free

It will display a table of numbers, pay attention to the lower left number under column "swap" available.

Code:
su
compcache start 52000

It will start, assuming you don't get any permission denied errors. Ignore any other errors.

Code:
free

Again looking at the total available swap, should've increased by 52000 if working correctly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A direct port of the Wildfire S rom(not using legend or espresso base)
    Using my kernel(speed)

WiFi Working :)
    Camera/Accelerometer WORKING
    BT NOT WORKING?
    FM Radio NOT working on Salsa but WORKING on Wildfire S
    HTC hub skins DO NOT download on Wildfire S but DO download on Salsa

I WOULD HIGHLY SUGGEST A FULL WIPE
    BBQ Special Wildfire S
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/55g7g28kbf01hc5/LibertyS_BBQ_Special.zip

Side of Pico De Gallo Salsa
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m57l7sufq44u7c1/PIcoDeGallo.zip

Going out with a little bang with my last week with the Liberty :D

post other bugs below ;)
    Drowning already said he's taken it as far as he can, he builds Kernels not roms. He ported this (through Android Kitchen no doubt) and got it to boot for us. Its 90% as is, but we will need to recruit a more experienced dev to iron out the issues we're currently having. Really wish I knew more, I would gladly work on this. Unfortunately, I'm a very Noob level when it comes to roms, I'm gonna try my hand at writing some apps first.
    I used kitchen to unpack the boot.img and make an update.zip :p

FM radio is non working because of bluetooth issues, if i knew what what the specific issue in the rom was, I would fix it ;)

I am pulling in some commits for new kernel right now :D
    https://github.com/drowningchild/htc-kernel-msm7227-exp
    i would suggest using cm7
    unless someone could overtake this project(start a new thread but give credit where credit is due ;))
    I do not have enough time with the aria to develop this rom, and for that I am truly sorry :(
    ive added my paypal donation, right above my avatar, for those who would like to thank me for my work :D

I would update to a newer kernel but there hasnt been much change(that ive seen @ least) in some kernels that i based the tweaks of mine on :'(

I am continuing on with the Infuse, a phone i recommend to people here, beautiful screen, sound , & cameras
    Development is slow for now(waiting for rogers in canada to drop gingerbread version)

Thank you every one for appreciating all the work ive done :D
    FWIW, I flashed this with the kernel from my AriaLiberated_2.2.2 and the ramdisk as-is and my matching bcm4329.ko and bluetooth and FM both work fine.
    Alpharevx is what you need for s-off, unrevoked just roots and installs cwm 2.5 by default, unless you choose a custom recovery to install, as of right now i believe.
    bump with link :D
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/m57l7sufq44u7c1/PIcoDeGallo.zip