Z/ZL US Release date?

Search This thread

keithgrobertson

Jan 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Precision, Power and Design: Xperia ZL Coming to Canadian Wireless Carriers this Spring

TORONTO, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - Sony Mobile Communications AB ("Sony Mobile") today announced that the Xperia™ ZL will launch in Canada with multiple carriers including Bell, Mobilicity, MTS, Rogers, Videotron and WIND Mobile, beginning in April 2013.

Thank you VERY much for posting this.

Sucks that it would go to Bell but not TELUS, but at least they're the exact same frequencies! Can't wait!

ssj_jaypee

Dec 4, 2010
Republic of Toronto
Precision, Power and Design: Xperia ZL Coming to Canadian Wireless Carriers this Spring

TORONTO, Feb. 14, 2013 /CNW/ - Sony Mobile Communications AB ("Sony Mobile") today announced that the Xperia™ ZL will launch in Canada with multiple carriers including Bell, Mobilicity, MTS, Rogers, Videotron and WIND Mobile, beginning in April 2013.

what a complete joke! april launch.... and no Z in sight.
I'm either going to buy this phone online and pay it outright or just end up getting the galaxy s4 instead.

Reactions: Warrimonk

S0UND.w4v

Feb 16, 2013
Sacramento
So..

Should I just walk away from the idea of getting a Z from AT&T with an upgrade and being able to unlock the bootloader when it is set to Bootloader unlock allowed no? Is there some hope for getting around that some day or is it simply impossible? It's my understanding that if it can be engineered it can be reverse engineered. But then again I'm not an expert on the subject.

Spectre51

-Zork-

May 27, 2011
Santiago
Any chance to get unlocked Xperia Z in End of February o March? Cuz, i will be USA in last week of February. :cool:

Spectre51

since you get to know a lot about sony stuff before anyone else, it might be the zl. But i'd like to believe that this is the z because it's thin and flat from both sides.
the zl has a thicker back and it is slightly curved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8H4ozmymw skip to 0:38

With a picture that close of the button it could be either. If I get a chance to play with the ZL again I will compare it to that picture.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

rycexboi

Sep 30, 2012
With a picture that close of the button it could be either. If I get a chance to play with the ZL again I will compare it to that picture.

Yeah..I was hoping it would be a ZL but it appears to be a Z, the white part is not cut off...its basically a Z taken from the side.

drewb1026

Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore
I replied on your thread. I love the Z. Amazing phone. Fast, good battery, great camera, and solid design and build. Looking forward to the LTE model but this one will hold me over till then.

Sorry for asking but Ive been searching all ove the place for the answer....what model of the Z will run on AT&T?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i contacted sony, they said it will be released in the first quarter(Q1 which should be before april).
    YAY!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia™ Online Support.

In regards to your inquiry the Xperia Z will be release in the US market during the 1st quarter of this year (2013), now if you decide to purchase a phone from another market, the warranty of this will be only valid on the market the phone is coming from. Thank you for wanted to be part of our Sony Xperia™ family.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com or call us at 1-866-766-9374.

Kind Regards,
    George P.

Sony Xperia US Customer Services
    Since I'll likely not see LTE service in my area for another few years - I'll go for the waterproof pentaband-HSPA+ Z I think.

I think the ZL will be a first in terms of a phone that supports AT&T's LTE bands but isn't sold by AT&T.
    Hi Spectre, great info you've been providin in the forums. Any idea if the ZL will work on HSPA+ for t-mobile? Sorry, if it's already been answered.

white paper

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/documentation/whitepapers/Xperia_ZL_LTE_C6506_WP_4.pdf

Networks
    C6506 UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV),
    1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I)
    GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    LTE Band I, Band II, Band IV, Band V and Band XVII
    One Sony is not a device.

By the way the ZL is listed at the Sony online store for $759.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666540742
    Sorry, I completely screwed up the model numbers, wasn't paying enough attention.

It basically comes down to the ZL sold in the US will work on AT&T LTE+3G and T-Mobile LTE+3G. The Xperia Z for the US only has 3G on AT&T and 3G on T-Mo. The Xperia Z for Europe only has 3G on AT&T, no LTE and no T-Mo either.

Bingo.