[Q} Will Ubuntu Touch be possible for TF700

Search This thread

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
Just installed ubuntu on my tablet, and still getting used to linux, but I wanted to know, even if pure speculation, will ubuntu touch be possible on the TF700? I am sort of regretting getting my android tablet, due the lack of the ability to multi window. I hope that ubuntu will help me there for when i need it, but Id really like to know if I possibly could get my tablet to do all the fancy stuff they were doing in that video.

For those who havent seen it, here is the article:
http://phandroid.com/2013/02/19/ubuntu-touch-for-nexus-tablets/

gennro

Feb 21, 2013
Yes, it should be possible. Canonical is releasing a porting guide on Ubuntuwiki 22 Feb 13. I know this weekend end I will be working on porting it this weekend. I know Rabits will probably be working with it also.

Don't expect a whole lot as of now it is still in alpha stages of development. I was reading that the next few updates will be based off of 13.04, which should bring some improvements in speed and memory management. I have been running 13.04 on a laptop and it is a lot smoother and faster then 12.10.

Reactions: Ali I Hagen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it should be possible. Canonical is releasing a porting guide on Ubuntuwiki 22 Feb 13. I know this weekend end I will be working on porting it this weekend. I know Rabits will probably be working with it also.

Don't expect a whole lot as of now it is still in alpha stages of development. I was reading that the next few updates will be based off of 13.04, which should bring some improvements in speed and memory management. I have been running 13.04 on a laptop and it is a lot smoother and faster then 12.10.