[Kernel] N900TUVUCNB4 KK Stock Kernel

Search This thread

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
Have you tried this with an international 4.4.2 rom? I tried an international rom earlier but wifi wouldnt work. Any ideas?

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
Are you on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader? I did the OTA update, rooted, jnstalled twrp recovery and then tried instalking an international rom. It booted but the wifi did not work.

_INSPIREed

How did you get 4.4 intl rom to work on tmobile n3

Are you on 4.4.2 with the new bootloader? I did the OTA update, rooted, jnstalled twrp recovery and then tried instalking an international rom. It booted but the wifi did not work.

Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
Yes I'm on 4.4 bootloader. I flashed the tmobile 4.4 nb4 tar. via odin. Flashed CF auto root n9005 version via Odin, and then flashed the TWRP .tar that @bigbiff posted via odin as well. Then in TWRP flashed the latest Philz recovery zip that works with 4.4 bootloader (thats my preference, I like PhilZ.) Then just downloaded and installed Echoe. By the way I had no idea International 4.4 Roms were sooo much faster than ours...its quite noticeable. WIFI and everything works out of box. no need to flash any kernels or anything.

Can you send me the link to the Philz recover you used? I tried installing Sweet Rom (international) and it wiped my internal storage. Want to try Philz to see if that will resove that problem.

_INSPIREed

Can you send me the link to the Philz recover you used? I tried installing Sweet Rom (international) and it wiped my internal storage. Want to try Philz to see if that will resove that problem.

its not the recovery, it's the updater script included in some international roms, you have to modify the updater script so that it doesnt do wipe internal. follow these instructions.

1. Download ROM, open .zip with winRAR or 7zip.
2. Navigate to META-INF\com\google\android
3. Drag updater-script to desktop and open in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
4. Delete the following... http://imgur.com/F7rdFCo
5. Save (make sure you save as the same format - just click save and not save as)
6. Drag back into same directory and overwrite the previous updater-script in the rom .zip

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
its not the recovery, it's the updater script included in some international roms, you have to modify the updater script so that it doesnt do wipe internal. follow these instructions.

3. Drag updater-script to desktop and open in Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org)
5. Save (make sure you save as the same format - just click save and not save as)
6. Drag back into same directory and overwrite the previous updater-script in the rom .zip

Your the man!! Thanks

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
this work like a charm, it was made for 900W8 device which is same at tmobile n900t. Now we can flash any n9005 rom w/this WIFI,NFC,BT fix
http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/74f88da21978feed#.UxjL5OddVss currently running SweetRom w/no issue about to try Omega Rom..Thanks to @Oogar

LITERALLY THAT MADE ME ROLL AROUND ON THE GROUND AND LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

That my friend was not made for the Canadian Variant. I and my friend MISCOM, made that fix when we started putting out Int. Roms for TMO and Canadian phones. If you go the the Stainless thread, you will see the original posting of that fix. That's why when you flash that fix it says, made by Miscom. All somebody did was change the name of the file and stick it up on other threads. I've in months only seen one person credit Miscom for the work we did. Not mad. Doesn't bother me, we made the fix and said here guys go grab it and put it on the N9005 page so everybody can fix this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dvanzutphenkann

iamolu

Dec 16, 2013
LITERALLY THAT MADE ME ROLL AROUND ON THE GROUND AND LAUGH MY ASS OFF.

That my friend was not made for the Canadian Variant. I and my friend MISCOM, made that fix when we started putting out Int. Roms for TMO and Canadian phones. If you go the the Stainless thread, you will see the original posting of that fix. That's why when you flash that fix it says, made by Miscom. All somebody did was change the name of the file and stick it up on other threads. I've in months only seen one person credit Miscom for the work we did. Not mad. Doesn't bother me, we made the fix and said here guys go grab it and put it on the N9005 page so everybody can fix this issue.

@dragonstalker I had no idea, i came across the thread and tried it and it worked for me. I am just a user and not trying to step on n e one bad side because i know how much work y'all developer put in. With that been said thanks @miscom and @dragonstalker for the WIFI-BT-NFC fix. I used the 4.3 version but had no idea the 4.4 version wasn't original, by who posted it or started the thread no way for me to know that

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
@dragonstalker I had no idea, i came across the thread and tried it and it worked for me. I am just a user and not trying to step on n e one bad side because i know how much work y'all developer put in. With that been said thanks @miscom and @dragonstalker for the WIFI-BT-NFC fix. I used the 4.3 version but had no idea the 4.4 version wasn't original, by who posted it or started the thread no way for me to know that

I wasn't blaming you. It's opensource, not like we wrote new code to do it. We just took the time to figure out how to fix make everything work.

Its funny because as you stated you had no way of knowing, people renaming it and posted it as their work do. This is probably the 5th name i've seen for this. It doesn't make me mad. Actually it makes me smile that something that was put out is still being used.

Reactions: iamolu

yongh

May 8, 2009
baltimore

jimmydigital00

Aug 30, 2010
this work like a charm, it was made for 900W8 device which is same at tmobile n900t. Now we can flash any n9005 rom w/this WIFI,NFC,BT fix
http://fs1.androidfilesharing.com/74f88da21978feed#.UxjL5OddVss currently running SweetRom w/no issue about to try Omega Rom..Thanks to @Oogar

Did you do anything special to flash SweetRom? I am getting stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen (Set warranty Bit: kernel)
I get stuck on this screen with the stock kernel and also when I add a 4.4.2 kernel. Any ideas?

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Did you do anything special to flash SweetRom? I am getting stuck at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen (Set warranty Bit: kernel)
I get stuck on this screen with the stock kernel and also when I add a 4.4.2 kernel. Any ideas?

What kernels have you tried. Do Wootever's latest . That or Civz. That's what the guys are running on Int. Tmo roms right now that i know of working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so i've been messing with some other kernels to see if any of them would work, and needed a quick way to get out of bootloops. I haven't seen one yet so I mad a flashable Stock Kernel. Have fun.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407576394

How did you get 4.4 intl rom to work on tmobile n3

Thanks Dragonstalker! Have you found a way to downgrade back to 4.3 once updated to Kitkat 4.4.2? I have a 4.3 backup but I only get a bootloop if I try to restore it

No I have not, but i'm working on a new kernel and been in the dev section reading up on bootloader hacking. Let's just say, it's probably not a good idea to try and go back once you upgrade.

I think @Tiffany84 or @dragonstalker knows what line it is we delete to prevent internal sd wipes.. Would be great if she or he can help us out with that one please :)

☆sent from a kitkat powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Search the Vision X NB4 thread, there is a how to on which lines to modify in there.

That my friends would be the line along the lines of delete recursive /preload

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You are on a roll brother. Keep it up.
    @dragonstalker

Have you by chance been able to get a pit file from the new firmware? I was able to pull it from 4.3, but 4.4 is giving me a ton of trouble. I cant make my heimdall packages without them unfortunately. If you happen to get one pulled, let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. I was hoping the 4.3 was similar enough to build the 4.4 update but alas, it is not.

I'm still working on figuring out what Kit Kat really is. If you open it up, it like i walked into my teenagers bedroom. I know there's stuff in there somewhere, i just don't know where to begin to look.