[guide/How-To] Enable Native Call Recording KK 4.4.2

Search This thread

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
This is based on Verizon S5 SM-G900V Android 4.4.2 G900VOYU1ANCG Deodexed. Please Thank tdunham for this mod.

Decopile InCallUI.apk and find this smali file.

Smali edit for InCallUI.apk:
com/android/services/telephony/common/PhoneFeature.smali

add lines are highlighted in RED

const-string v3, "CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording"

invoke-virtual {v0, v3}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getString(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

const-string v0, "RecordingAllowed"

sget-object v3, Lcom/android/services/telephony/common/PhoneFeature;->mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

const-string v5, "voice_call_recording"

const-string v6, "RecordingAllowed"

invoke-virtual {v6, v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->equalsIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

Recompile and push back to phone.

For those of you that may not be capable of doing the mod yourself here is a link to the InCallUI.apk that is deodexed. http://d-h.st/T6k

First make sure you do a backup or at least copy your InCallUI.apk and InCallUI.odex to a safe place. Then copy this InCallUI.apk to system/app and delete InCallUI.odex or change it to InCallUI.odex.bak.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-18-13-41-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-18-13-41-44.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,956
Last edited:

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Awesome. Any way you could provide us a modified apk to replace ours? I don't think many people are capable of making that mod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
This only for dev edition? I tried it and I don't see the icon. Fix permissions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Nevermind.I have it working. Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

timeToy

Aug 3, 2010
Works great but I have a little cosmetic issue:

Anyone else with this issue ?

Also, is it possible to get a version with the record button in the menu ? (for more discreet recording)

I created a version with the proper buttons, see two posts down

Last edited:

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
Works great but I have a little cosmetic issue:
picture.php
picture.php

Anyone else with this issue ?

Also, is it possible to get a version with the record button in the menu ? (for more discreet recording)

No I cannot put it in the menu. If you are talking about the white color of the buttons that is native to the InCallUI.apk. You can decompile and change the color of the png's then compile.

timeToy

Aug 3, 2010
Resolved the cosmetic issue:

picture.php
picture.php

Download the DeOdexed InCallUI.apk with the fixed buttons, copy/push to system/app and set the proper permissions.

Feel free to re-use in your own ROM with proper credit

Attachments

• InCallUI.apk
    5.9 MB · Views: 302

cubsrule17

Jan 31, 2011
Tampa
Bluetooth?

Would this happen to record while on bluetooth? I know somehow they we're able to get it working on the S4.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

whtciv2k

Dec 4, 2007
Does anyone have the stock incallui.apk file handy? I'd like to get the add call button back. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on Verizon S5 SM-G900V Android 4.4.2 G900VOYU1ANCG Deodexed. Please Thank tdunham for this mod.

Decopile InCallUI.apk and find this smali file.

Smali edit for InCallUI.apk:
    com/android/services/telephony/common/PhoneFeature.smali

add lines are highlighted in RED

const-string v3, "CscFeature_VoiceCall_ConfigRecording"

invoke-virtual {v0, v3}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getString(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v0

const-string v0, "RecordingAllowed"

sget-object v3, Lcom/android/services/telephony/common/PhoneFeature;->mFeatureList:Ljava/util/HashMap;

const-string v5, "voice_call_recording"

const-string v6, "RecordingAllowed"

invoke-virtual {v6, v0}, Ljava/lang/String;->equalsIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

Recompile and push back to phone.

For those of you that may not be capable of doing the mod yourself here is a link to the InCallUI.apk that is deodexed. http://d-h.st/T6k

First make sure you do a backup or at least copy your InCallUI.apk and InCallUI.odex to a safe place. Then copy this InCallUI.apk to system/app and delete InCallUI.odex or change it to InCallUI.odex.bak.

Enjoy!!!
    Resolved the cosmetic issue:

picture.php
    picture.php

Download the DeOdexed InCallUI.apk with the fixed buttons, copy/push to system/app and set the proper permissions.

Feel free to re-use in your own ROM with proper credit
    Can't get it to work. When I replace my apk with the downloaded apk and try to make a call it says. Cannot add call.

Sent from SG4 with Tapatalk
    Fix permissions and reboot.

egubu4et.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk