OTA package rom

Search This thread

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
Looking for a OTA package rom so I can get updates instead of flashing ROMs. Anyone has a link, thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
Will this work with getting updates on custom ROMs?

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52333979

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Think I wasn't clear enough with my explanation. I'm running MIUI which updates every week through OTA updates. Instead on flashing a full ROM every week would like my phone set up where I can receive updates. This is where the OTA package comes in that I need. Have to make certain modifications along with a MIUI ROM and flash it.

Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Slimegod

Mar 12, 2011
Hi again! Sorry I haven't really played with AOSP variants on this phone so I can't answer. Are you saying the MIUI ROM doesn't come already set up to do the automatic OTAs and that they don't tell you how to set it up that way in the ROM thread?

Hopefully someone who has experience with this can jump in here or they can answer in the MIUI thread unless you already tried that.

No it doesn't. Unless it gets modified during a port.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52333979