[03/29/2008] PocketCM Keyboard 0.14 - "Free at last"

Search This thread

HerrVorragend

Jul 19, 2006
at first... great job! the keyboard is great and was the reason for changing my big tytn to a touch... becaus i dont need a hardwarekeyboard anymore.

but there a to ideas for improvents:

1. Add words to the dictionary, if autosuggestion "corrects" a word and the user then goes back to the original word (the word "corrected" by autosuggestion was already the right one)

2. if autosuggestion corrects a word which the user type with a smal starting letter... keep the corrected word smal too

Applestar

Dec 8, 2006
Tene,

this is so GREAT - I used them all, SpB Full KEyboard, Teksofts new Touch KEyboard etc. They just got uninstalled..

I first did not get all "hidden" features of you SIP - especially typing in the most important symbols (!?,....) was quite difficult. Until I realized you just have to key-press the symbol key to get the most frequent used ones.

So: Please make sure the application gets a decent manual. And I cant wait for the 1.0 to use (& buy). Until now I donated you some 6 Euros as a down payment ;)

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
at first... great job! the keyboard is great and was the reason for changing my big tytn to a touch... becaus i dont need a hardwarekeyboard anymore.

but there a to ideas for improvents:

1. Add words to the dictionary, if autosuggestion "corrects" a word and the user then goes back to the original word (the word "corrected" by autosuggestion was already the right one)

Well I made it this way first... but it wasn't working well, too many word were added by mistake. Dictionary are useful for word that you really use often, not the thing you type once. Also one of the biggest complaint I have against dictionary based stuff is lack of control, I test the keyboard a lot, and suggestion for windows mobile is now suggesting me total crap.

What I may add however is a way to slide down on the replacement button to let you add the word anyway.

2. if autosuggestion corrects a word which the user type with a smal starting letter... keep the corrected word smal too

I'm suspecting your dict contains capital letters. Which dictionary are you using?

colida

Jul 22, 2006
Hi everybody,
I am quite new in this PC Keyboard thing. Can anyone tell me how I could change the Keyboard layout with a key that is similar to "ctrl+A" ? I use this function quite often and I miss this feature in the layout. Besides that it is perfect!
Thanks in advance

richierich

Feb 26, 2005
London
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, can you make this wm2003 compatible????

Will donate my left kidney to get this on my device!!!!! Whatever it takes!!!

:eek:)

On a more serious note, this app looks amazing, would really appreciate any attempts to port this to wm2003.

I eagerly await a response....from anyone!!!! LOL!!!

RR

ilan_75

Apr 17, 2007
don't show keyboard

Hi,

I can use this keyboard in the wm6 user interface, but when i try to write an sms in pocketCM, this is the keyboard of windows who appears.

Any idea?

Thanks

resolve : uninstall and reinstall pocketCM

Last edited:

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
V0.9 doesn't show words suggested in blue or unknown words. It just returns space letters. Only green words are passed to the application and shown on screen.

EDIT: Happens in PocketWord and Notes under WM6 but not in PocketCM. Same thing with V0.8. Haven't tried older versions.

Last edited:

xmenreturn

May 5, 2007
Hanoi
Tene, tt's great changes and improvements.

Could you consider to fix the small issue not to display suggested word when entering in the password textbox (sorry if any one has mentioned this before)

Al66

Sep 11, 2006
Oxfordshire
Double first letter

Has anyone else seen this? Sometimes when I enter a word bit slightly miss key it the auto-correct puts the first letter in twice.

e.g:
mis-type hello and when it auto-corrects it put hhello on the screen.

If I can see a patten to this I'll post back here otherwise has anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Alex

DJ_Nitro

May 13, 2007
NEW YORK
Is the 250ms hard coded or is it possible to change it (like in an ini)?

Thanks.

I would like to know this as well. :p

I thinking about changing the "..." and the ":" for something else, but I couldn't find the way to do it.
scratchchin.gif

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
V0.9 doesn't show words suggested in blue or unknown words. It just returns space letters. Only green words are passed to the application and shown on screen.

EDIT: Happens in PocketWord and Notes under WM6 but not in PocketCM. Same thing with V0.8. Haven't tried older versions.

Found another program, which only shows spaces instead of the letters I type: Opera Mini 4 Beta 2. Very strange. All the other applications work fine with PCM Keyboard. I'd really be glad for any ideas, what the problem might be.

Zwanace

Aug 26, 2007
I feel stupid!!!

Ok I have a wing. I download the cab file load it to the storage memory and nothing happens. I tried soft reset nothing. What do i need to do to get this program to work. Could someone pretty please give me a step by step of what i need to do to get it working i would appreciate it thanks.

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
my keyboard is messed up
about a quarter is not showing in landscape and normal view in all applications

Attachments

• VidyaScreen001.jpg
    VidyaScreen001.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 83

paranoid2007

Mar 15, 2007
Found another program, which only shows spaces instead of the letters I type: Opera Mini 4 Beta 2. Very strange. All the other applications work fine with PCM Keyboard. I'd really be glad for any ideas, what the problem might be.

Here is an image to illustrate my problem:

It was taken under Pocket Word 6.1 WM6. Every other installed SIP except PCM-K works.

sbonnell

Jan 29, 2007
Yes me!

I have the same problem. I will just add one detail on the behavior.
When it auto-corrects it puts the first letter twice and remove one letter after.
This seems that the SIP does not go back enough before replacing.

Stephane

Has anyone else seen this? Sometimes when I enter a word bit slightly miss key it the auto-correct puts the first letter in twice.

e.g:
mis-type hello and when it auto-corrects it put hhello on the screen.

If I can see a patten to this I'll post back here otherwise has anyone else seen this?

Cheers

Alex

oaldawe

Jun 19, 2007
i tried 0.9 cab
but i see in add remove program its 0.8
i make hard rest and same thing
can any one help me?

User22

Mar 1, 2005
Just test it on Asus P525 and it is working fast but :

- Standar keyboard on WM5 or Tengo keyboard are reporting a 30.8 free MB from device memory.

- PocketCM is reporting 24.6 free MB from device memory

Why so memory hungry ???? What is wrong with PocketCM ????

tene

Jun 21, 2007
Brussels
Just test it on Asus P525 and it is working fast but :

- Standar keyboard on WM5 or Tengo keyboard are reporting a 30.8 free MB from device memory.

- PocketCM is reporting 24.6 free MB from device memory

Why so memory hungry ???? What is wrong with PocketCM ????

what dictionary are you using?

How did you test?