[Q] 64GB microsd card for Asus Transformer?

Search This thread

tengtengvn

Dec 13, 2008
Silicon Valley
Samsung Galaxy S21
Just got one. Couldn't do anything in my TF101. I put it in my Sensation, format it, put back in the TF101 and it works fine.

33516610150510573068250.jpg

thatton13

Jan 25, 2009
I wonder if downloading and using fat32format.exe in windows would make the transformer recognize it.

I would test it but I am not so lucky as to have a 64gb micro sd.

If someone tries it use caution and make sure you format the correct drive...

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
So...what class speed is sufficient for the transformer?

What about a micro SDXC? They have those on ebay for $20 from china.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Technically SDXC cards could work, all you need to do is format it to FAT32 and maybe some driver changes to the system, but i cannot verify that since no microsd cards exit yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_card#SDHC_and_SDXC_compatibility_issues

Electrically and physically SDFC and SDXC are the same, just higher capacity and ExFat is the default file system standard for the new cards

Why the name change and new standard?

Well you can thank Microsoft for that

FAT16/FAT32, which is standard for flash memory supports up to 2 TB

Windows operating systems allow you to format to a max of 32GB

The reason being dates back to Windows 2000
    (although versions of Windows NT way before used NTFS, But Windows 2000 was more available to the home user)
    FAT32 was common, and microsoft wanted people to use the NTFS file system, so they decided to limit the creation of partition to 32GB for FAT32

Well that has stuck with all future versions of Windows, dont know why

Also Microsoft created ExFat, as a replacement for FAT as a removable storage file system, supports new goodies, and its a Microsoft Patent pending file system :eek:

So the SD foundation created the SDXC format because since most people use windows and cannot format their SD cards larger then 32GB why not just create a new standard that supports ExFat by default so people can easily format it
    (You can use other formats such as NTFS, EXT, and etc.)

**Note that FAT32 filesystem does suck because it cannot support files larger then 4GB

I probably left a few things out during my ranting
    first off, thats an SDXC card, NOT a MicroSD, or even an SDHC card.

The Transformer supports up to a 32GB MicroSD (which is the max, but also a rip off at $80+ where as you can get 16GB for $25.

and the keyboard supports SDHC cards to which i think go up to 64GB.

Personally, i'm buying a 16GB class 6 MicroSD and then a 32GB SDHC card for the keyboard for a total of 64GB of storage.
    .FYI I tried a 64Gb SDXC card formatted to FAT32 and the transformer will not recognize it :( . A 16Gb SDXC I had worked just fine thought. I don't see info on an update for the memory size. Anyone know if it is coming or in the Ice Cream Sandwich OS?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382505

make sure the card is formatted to FAT32 properly. windows 7 doesnt allow you to format to FAT32 only exFAT and NTFS.

i have a 64GB micro sd card in my tablet and it works perfectly