[Q] Google Play Music "All Access" Streaming Errors

Search This thread

rdpollard

Mar 21, 2013
Clackamas, OR
The new Google Play Music update has caused some real headache for me and, as I'm finding, a number of other LG Optimus G owners. I get a couple minutes into a song and then everything stops. Error message: "Couldn't play the stream you requested."

As an experiment, I played Mackelmore's "Thrift Shop" 14x this morning (I am so sick of that song now) and the track stops within 2-3 seconds of the 2:35 mark every single time. This is not a problem on my Nexus 7. This is not a problem on my PC. This is only a problem on my phone.

• 3G, 4G, Wifi. same result, my songs stop playing mid-way through.
  • Riding in my car or sitting at my desk or in my living room, same result, my songs stop playing mid-way through.
  • My tracks or All Access tracks, same result, my songs stop playing mid-way through.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how have you fixed it.

Thanks.

rdpollard

Mar 21, 2013
Clackamas, OR
Update

Just got a reply from Support. They obviously did not read my email.

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for contacting our support team.

Playback issues can occur if your internet connection was lost or the speed of your connection changed while streaming. In addition, it is possible that there is an issue with the music file that you originally downloaded.

If the problem occurs while streaming music, please try playing the original file you added locally to determine if this is related to your internet connection. The issue is most likely related to your internet connection if the problem doesn't occur when playing the original file.

Please let me know if you have any other Google Play questions that I can further assist with.

Best Regards,

Samantha

MZille

Feb 17, 2013
San Francisco
I'm having this problem on the AT&T version of this phone. The problem appears to go deeper than mere connectivity: I'll get the error even with music that I have "pinned" (downloaded to my phone for offline listening). And I too have seen multiple LGOG users with this issue -- and no one else.

I think I'll have to try loading a custom ROM when I get home. I really hope the problem isn't the hardware itself, but I'm not optimistic.

rdpollard

Mar 21, 2013
Clackamas, OR
I'm having this problem on the AT&T version of this phone. The problem appears to go deeper than mere connectivity: I'll get the error even with music that I have "pinned" (downloaded to my phone for offline listening). And I too have seen multiple LGOG users with this issue -- and no one else.

I think I'll have to try loading a custom ROM when I get home. I really hope the problem isn't the hardware itself, but I'm not optimistic.

Lovely. There's also a thread over at productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/mobile/A01ByhnMKOQ that might be helpful. Thanks.

Nov 3, 2012
Houston
I haven't been using the app too much (maybe about 3 hours worth of listening, both All Access and my tracks, since yesterday) but I haven't encountered any issues. I am rooted and running EOS, if that matters.

badnewswrx

Nov 13, 2009
ATT version here

if i have a song playing from all acess, not locally orginated, it will stop playing at about 2:30 min - 3:00 min. If i start the song over and try to skiip to the part it stopped on, it ill play for about 4 seconds and then same error again.

Any fix for this? is it just too new?

jbrooks58

Feb 18, 2013
I'm also having this problem but it doesn't occur with my Asus transformer pad. Does running a custom rom fix this?

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

I don't think this is a hardware issue. I hope as more updates are released this is fixed but idk how soon that it is.

cjpp78

Jul 23, 2009
The new Google Play Music update has caused some real headache for me and, as I'm finding, a number of other LG Optimus G owners. I get a couple minutes into a song and then everything stops. Error message: "Couldn't play the stream you requested."

As an experiment, I played Mackelmore's "Thrift Shop" 14x this morning (I am so sick of that song now) and the track stops within 2-3 seconds of the 2:35 mark every single time. This is not a problem on my Nexus 7. This is not a problem on my PC. This is only a problem on my phone.

• Riding in my car or sitting at my desk or in my living room, same result, my songs stop playing mid-way through.
  • My tracks or All Access tracks, same result, my songs stop playing mid-way through.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how have you fixed it.

Thanks.

I have a at&t optimus g and Im having the same issue. wont make it through a whole song before it stops. error "couldn't play stream you requested" pops up.

toreym

May 19, 2013

Thanks.

I'm also having this issue. But I'm sprint LG Optimus G rooted 4.1. I've tried several things related to streaming errors in the past like making sure the hosts file is ok as well as setting lpa.decode to false. But no dice.

jbrooks58

Feb 18, 2013
Thats good. Im just scared to unlock my bootloader because my freegee bricked me last time lol

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
Same issue here. Also whenever I try to start a "radio" it just tells me the "radio could not start"

Seems this new version is broken for us as the older version worked fine.

I'll just stick to iheart for now and see what they do to fix it.

rdpollard

Mar 21, 2013
Clackamas, OR
So sad.. Updated to the latest version, hoping it would fix the problem. I got past that 2:35 mark! But only just past. Still busted. Still waiting for Google support.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

toreym

May 19, 2013
So sad.. Updated to the latest version, hoping it would fix the problem. I got past that 2:35 mark! But only just past. Still busted. Still waiting for Google support.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

I was able to get in contact with google support and send them some logs when the problem occurred. Anyone else who has the problem try and get ahold of support and tell them that you've already tried to reinstall the app, reboot the phone and clear it's cache. Send them the logs too if you can.

wilberatilioa

Sep 5, 2010
It worked for a few hours, after that everything went back to the same issue. I moved to an asop rom and it is working just fine. I guess the problem is related with the lg rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any fixes yet or word from LG for people running stock?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

I emailed Google about it and got this response:

* Power off your device and turn it back on. In many cases, restarting the device resolves issues with an application.

* Clearing the Google Play Music app's data:
    1. From the device's home screen, press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > 'All' tab
    2. Select Google Play Music from the list of apps
    3. Press 'Clear data'

Note: After doing so, the app will need to re-sync with your Google Play music library for your music to appear. This may take a few minutes.

* Uninstall and reinstall the app update:
    1. From your device's home screen, press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > 'All' tab
    2. Select Google Play Music from the list of apps
    3. Press 'Uninstall updates'
    4. Open the Play Store app and search for "Google Play Music". Install the Google Play Music app update then reboot your device.

None of which worked for me, but you can try it out, see if it does anything..

No! I was on the latest in the Play Store. Installed 5.6 and just played through an entire album!! About to try another on my commute. Dare I hope?

Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app