[Q] Windows 8.1 for m8

Search This thread

kidtkd73

Apr 3, 2014
Hey I'm addicted to the windows 8.1 look and feel but I have the htc one m8. Is there a way to download the windows template for the m8 or anything that is very similar to it?

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
Hey I'm addicted to the windows 8.1 look and feel but I have the htc one m8. Is there a way to download the windows template for the m8 or anything that is very similar to it?

Well, the obvious answer should have been to buy a Windows 8.1 phone... but seeing as how you already have a HTC M8, I would suggest you take a look at the various Windows Phone launchers in the Play Store. I only briefly looked at a couple back when I had a Galaxy SIII (TouchWiz was really getting to me), so I don't know of any to recommend, especially since this was over a year ago. Not entirely sure why you favor Windows Mobile to Android, but "to each his own" I guess...

EDIT: I know Samsung recently released a Windows phone for Verizon (I assume you are a Verizon customer as you are in the Verizon forums), so worst case scenario you could sell your M8 (for at least $550, if not more), and buy the Samsung ATIV SE out of contract ($599.99).

EDIT: If I were you, I would first start with Themer. I did use it a couple weeks back, and it definitely is impressive (by the sheer amount of themes available). I am sure someone has created a Windows 8/8.1 theme by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: schwartz.matthew.e

sfreemanoh

Oct 20, 2008
EDIT: If I were you, I would first start with Themer. I did use it a couple weeks back, and it definitely is impressive (by the sheer amount of themes available). I am sure someone has created a Windows 8/8.1 theme by now.

There isn't one yet (at least not in the OS category, where one would expect to find it), but that doesn't mean there won't be one soon.

Also, I agree with how impressive Themer is, though it also seems to be a bit limited. Mainly in the fact that the themes, while very attractive, seem to be pretty much set in stone, so to speak. So without modifying the theme config itself, you can't change the dock icons, for instance (or if you can I haven't figured it out, though without also having an icon that matches the icon theme for the new app you want to include, it would look out of place). This is of course theme dependent. In fact, they remind me quite a bit of MIUI themes, where they look great, but what you get is what you have, and you're stuck with it (for the most part).

Last edited:

Sevinex

Jul 27, 2013
San Diego
There isn't one yet (at least not in the OS category, where one would expect to find it), but that doesn't mean there won't be one soon.

Also, I agree with how impressive Themer is, though it also seems to be a bit limited. Mainly in the fact that the themes, while very attractive, seem to be pretty much set in stone, so to speak. So without modifying the theme config itself, you can't change the dock icons, for instance (or if you can I haven't figured it out, though without also having an icon that matches the icon theme for the new app you want to include, it would look out of place). This is of course theme dependent. In fact, they remind me quite a bit of MIUI themes, where they look great, but what you get is what you have, and you're stuck with it (for the most part).

Hmmm, a little surprised about that, but if not now, then there definitely must be one coming out soon.

And it's been a while since I had a phone with a working MIUI ROM (Droid 2 Global FTW), but I totally agree in this sense. I loved the variety of themes, but the end user was unable to tweak anything major within each theme. I don't use Themer now, as I absolutely love Sense 6, but I still appreciate the fact that if needed, I have access to such a launcher.

Napoleones

May 3, 2014

No way. But try to find good launcher that will work fine for you. But don't expect that it'll work totally the same, since, it's just the launcher itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No

Well, the obvious answer should have been to buy a Windows 8.1 phone... but seeing as how you already have a HTC M8, I would suggest you take a look at the various Windows Phone launchers in the Play Store. I only briefly looked at a couple back when I had a Galaxy SIII (TouchWiz was really getting to me), so I don't know of any to recommend, especially since this was over a year ago. Not entirely sure why you favor Windows Mobile to Android, but "to each his own" I guess...

EDIT: I know Samsung recently released a Windows phone for Verizon (I assume you are a Verizon customer as you are in the Verizon forums), so worst case scenario you could sell your M8 (for at least $550, if not more), and buy the Samsung ATIV SE out of contract ($599.99).

I can't fathom why you'd ever want to run Windows Phone OS on such a great phone, but if your addicted to Metro, theres dozens of metro launchers.