Ginger Stir Fry [Gen1 + Gen2] [ZTE 2.3.4 leak based rom]

Search This thread

wbaw

This Rom is based on the ZTE Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) leak with ZTE's 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroit-SMT kernel...

It is now obsolete ... a more recent version is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389364

This rom is for Gen1 or Gen2 ZTE Blades. You need to use ClockworkMod 3 or above to install this.

Ginger Stir Fry Beta 27
Download: gsf-blade-b27.zip mirror mirror
File size: 89.07 MB
MD5: e993799f9496d6979d8e547506afeb00
SHA1: ae98c4b74879667825223d0fe12a65ff6c2b54a7

*NO WIPE, NO WHINE POLICY - Please make sure that you wipe data / factory reset in ClockworkMod before reporting any bugs.

Included Apps / Credits

2.6.35 kernel with overclocking support - Source Code

Darktremor A2SD (modified by me)

App Widget Picker
Google Car Home
CM7 Contacts, Messaging & Dialler
CM7 Deskclock
CM7 Email
ZTE Emode & FelixL's Emode Helper App
OI File Manager
Andorko's FM Radio 0.5
CM7 Gallery
GMail 2.3.5
CM7 Keyboard
Gingerbread Launcher (With 3D App Drawer)
Live Wallpapers, Magic Smoke Wallpapers (CM7), Visualisation Wallpapers
Google Maps & Street View
No-Frills CPU Control
Rom Manager 4.4.0.6
Super User
Android Terminal Emulator
Google Talk
Flashlight (Torch App)
Android market 3.1.5
Voice Dialler (CM7)
Voice Search
YouTube 2.2.16

Busybox 1.19.0 - Source Code
Bash (CM7)
OpenVPN (CM7)
Dropbear SSH (CM7)
Nano (CM7)

CM7 GPS Shim
CM7 APNs

Lib Files (stagefright, media decoders, surfaceflinger) & Browser App from Orange Monte Carlo rom (ZTE Skate)

Particle Ring Boot Animation (Optimised by me)
Extra Ring Tones (Mostly from CM7)

Most of the rest of the rom is from the ZTE Gingerbread leak.

GPL source code notice - The following parts of this rom contain GPL code:
The kernel used in this rom was modified by me & Burstlam from ZTE's Skate 2.6.35 kernel source code, source is here: https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35
Busybox is using the compiled binary from busybox.net here, source code is available on the busybox.net website here
Bash & Nano are taken from the CM7 project - instructions to compile CM7

Last edited:

copas2

Mar 9, 2008
I don't really know why CM7 struggles with its own kernel. Wbaw said in some earlier posts on Modaco that this leaked kernel is way more buggy than the one used in CM7. I regularly switch to CM7 because of its features and to see the innovations in Android. But I always keep coming back to ROMs based on stock kernels because the CM7 kernel simply sucks. I use my Blade for more than half a year now and CM7 always disappoints me. These kernels are far better than the one CM7 is using, that's my own experience by using each ROM for a week or two. The best would be to mix all the good working stuff of the available ROMs into one.
Thanks to wbaw for joining xda. Great efforts!

will8578

Apr 19, 2011
herne bay
guys, i used to own a blade, enjoy the best rom there is, and also give wbaw all the support he deserves, actually all devs deserve.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Reactions: wbaw

wbaw

The all in one 'TPT' version is only for users with 'Gen1' phones which were sold with Android 2.1 (Eclair) who haven't updated to 'Gen2' radio firmware yet. It updates the radio firmware, installs the rom & the latest clockworkmod all in one. Because it is flashing the low level radio firmware & loaders there is a very small risk involved ... but it's the safest & easiest way to get to Gen2, it'll work even on an unrooted Gen1 phone. If you use the TPT version then follow the instructions carefully & I'm not responsible if you break your phone.

The all in one TPT version wont work on phones that were sold with Android 2.2 (Froyo) or officially updated to Froyo. Those phones are already 'Gen2', so they don't need any radio firmware updates, so they should just use the standard clockworkmod .zip file to install the rom.

If you used a previous version, then you've already got the Gen2 radio firmware you need for the rom. So you should install the standard clockworkmod version which is linked at the top of the post. There is absolutely no risk of permanently damaging your phone with clockworkmod.

Last edited:

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
HI!

Is this good ROM?

Does all work fine?

Is the Battery life good?

Does all works?

I maybe tested this ROM once really fast but it was older version!

:)

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Hey wbaw !
I just flashed this ROM and it is good but how many % it is completed?
and can you fix Estonian language? it works but: [settings --> applications] not work :/ maybe it need other Estonian language files to framework-res.apk ..?

Apr 29, 2006
Tallinn
I can confirm that com.android.settins force closes every time when i select any item under Settins>Applications when language is set to Estonian.
When language is set to English everything works fine.

I wonder were Estonian translation comes from anyway, since its only half translated and as far as i know it is not in stock Android 2.3.4 nor in CM7.

BTW any changelog from b17 to b19?

Thanks for a very nice ROM!

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
I can confirm that com.android.settins force closes every time when i select any item under Settins>Applications when language is set to Estonian.
When language is set to English everything works fine.

I wonder were Estonian translation comes from anyway, since its only half translated and as far as i know it is not in stock Android 2.3.4 nor in CM7.

BTW any changelog from b17 to b19?

Thanks for a very nice ROM!

Almost all ROMs which have Estonian language but it's not Estonian ROM them not work fine!
some apps not work and some settings an other not work!
If anyone can find any Estonian Gingerbread 2.3 ROM then the language can be added to framework-res.apk and then it needs to work!

Peaaegu kõik ROMid millel on Eesti keel aga pole Eesti ROM nendes ei tõõta kõik siis hästi!
mõned programit ei tõõta ja mõned seadused ei tõõta..
Kui keegi leiab Eesti GingerBread 2.3 ROMi siis selle keele saab lisada: framework-res.apk ja siis peaks tõõtama hästi!

Sorry for bad English and sorry if I wrote something wrong to Estonian..
I live in Finland so I don't remember really fine how to write in Estonian and my English is not really good yet! :D

EDIT: If anybody can tell me how I can edit/fix language then plz. tell me! and what name Estonian language using in framework-res.apk ?

Last edited:

ultra_nomical

Jan 17, 2009
Is anybody having trouble updating the launcher pro home launcher..???

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using XDA Premium App

didicola

Feb 15, 2009
thank you very much for making me leave from the battery eatter cyanogen

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
I noticed that the music player not work!

I tried to get it to work with other language: English

but still not work!

how it can fix?

Do I need again to find one good ROM which works and are 100% stable... ?

:/

I will try to search official normal cra# 2.2 ROM back!

I cant use ROM which not work fully!

I don't even have time for ZTE because I edit ROMs for JetDroid and here finland schools starts again soon (only 7 days I have free time..) and then I don't have time to search or edit ROMs...

:(

EDIT: How I can extract and re-pack the boot.img?
I don't understand how, I don't understand that how and when I try then not work.. is there any extractor program for .img files?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Rom is based on the ZTE Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) leak with ZTE's 2.6.35.7-perf zte-kernel@Zdroit-SMT kernel...

It is now obsolete ... a more recent version is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389364

This rom is for Gen1 or Gen2 ZTE Blades. You need to use ClockworkMod 3 or above to install this.

Ginger Stir Fry Beta 27
    Download: gsf-blade-b27.zip mirror mirror
    File size: 89.07 MB
    MD5: e993799f9496d6979d8e547506afeb00
    SHA1: ae98c4b74879667825223d0fe12a65ff6c2b54a7

*NO WIPE, NO WHINE POLICY - Please make sure that you wipe data / factory reset in ClockworkMod before reporting any bugs.

Included Apps / Credits

2.6.35 kernel with overclocking support - Source Code

Darktremor A2SD (modified by me)

App Widget Picker
    Google Car Home
    CM7 Contacts, Messaging & Dialler
    CM7 Deskclock
    CM7 Email
    ZTE Emode & FelixL's Emode Helper App
    OI File Manager
    Andorko's FM Radio 0.5
    CM7 Gallery
    GMail 2.3.5
    CM7 Keyboard
    Gingerbread Launcher (With 3D App Drawer)
    Live Wallpapers, Magic Smoke Wallpapers (CM7), Visualisation Wallpapers
    Google Maps & Street View
    No-Frills CPU Control
    Rom Manager 4.4.0.6
    Super User
    Android Terminal Emulator
    Google Talk
    Flashlight (Torch App)
    Android market 3.1.5
    Voice Dialler (CM7)
    Voice Search
    YouTube 2.2.16

Busybox 1.19.0 - Source Code
    Bash (CM7)
    OpenVPN (CM7)
    Dropbear SSH (CM7)
    Nano (CM7)

CM7 GPS Shim
    CM7 APNs

Lib Files (stagefright, media decoders, surfaceflinger) & Browser App from Orange Monte Carlo rom (ZTE Skate)

Particle Ring Boot Animation (Optimised by me)
    Extra Ring Tones (Mostly from CM7)

Most of the rest of the rom is from the ZTE Gingerbread leak.

GPL source code notice - The following parts of this rom contain GPL code:
    The kernel used in this rom was modified by me & Burstlam from ZTE's Skate 2.6.35 kernel source code, source is here: https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35
    Busybox is using the compiled binary from busybox.net here, source code is available on the busybox.net website here
    Bash & Nano are taken from the CM7 project - instructions to compile CM7
    If you do keep developing this software i for one will be following your work. It would be nice to know what your intentions are wbw.

There isn't much point in continuing with this particular rom now that CM7 has the .35 kernel, new wifi driver & 16bit patch.

CM7 is now better in every possible way & it's a proper community run open source project. GSF was only meant as a stopgap until the .35 kernel source had been released & integrated into CM7. I only made it because I was annoyed about the wifi being killed when the screen was off in roms using the old wifi driver.

Also, official zte android 2.3.5 has been released & nobody noticed for nearly a month :eek:

And finally, Ice Cream Sandwich may be coming to the Blade very soon.

So, I'll be doing what I can to help improve CM7. I recommend everybody upgrades to CM7. It's way ahead of this rom, lots more cool features, fewer bugs, now the ui is just as fast (with 16bit hack) & the wifi works properly (thanks to the .35 kernel & new wifi driver).

I'll leave the links up here for anybody that still wants gsf, but it's become outdated, it wont get another update & I recommend CM7.
    @wbaw
    I found you ! .. keep up the great work man !
    after my posting at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1163609&page=3
    it may not surpise you that I may try the b19, and that I just used your 'donate' link.
    cheers mate.
    btw,
    just noticed that b19 is an all-in-one ... will it go on ok considering I already have clockwork installed ?
    welcome here @ xda, wbaw!
    keep up the good work!!!
    would those ones have as good battery life as this one?

i tryed cyanogenmod and didnt like it.

or how about this one?

update-cm-7.1.0.2-XperiaRay-ST18i-signed.zip

from cyanogenmods webs ite?

That is for a different phone. You want update-cm-7.1.0-Blade-signed.zip or the latest nightly version from - http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade, because you have a ZTE Blade. You also need the Google Apps from http://goo-inside.me/gapps, otherwise there's no Android Market in CM7.

If anybody wants to fix the green led issue in GSF, it should be fixed in my latest kernel source code on my Github - https://github.com/John-Kenney/kernel-35 I haven't actually tested it, but it's using Tom G's fixed led patch for CM7 (that led on during sleep feature will be coming back to cm7 soon & it works properly now). You'll have to compile your own kernel & create your own boot.img, I'm not using GSF now & I'm busy building a website, so I'm not going to bother. If anybody wants to test it out & post fixed gen1 & gen2 boot.img files then I'll update the first post. However, you should really switch to CM7.

Battery life in CM7 depends on your settings, your apps & how you use your phone. Some of the default settings lead to lower battery life, but it can be configured to have pretty good battery life. The main thing you want to change is the cpu governor should be 'ondemand' & the minimum speed should be 122.8mhz you can find that under cyanogenmod settings, 'use 16bit transparency' should be enabled too, that will make some animations a little smoother.