North American power connector

Search This thread

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?

Attachments

• IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 40

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, just ordered a 6810 from Negri. Ive been reading the threads and a lot of you that said you got your 7.7's from Negri said it came with a UK connector. Well Im here in the US, so I think Ill need an adapter or a new charger. But I do have a OEM Samsung 30 pin connector, and an extra HTC usb charger. Its specs are Input 100-240v/200ma/ 50-60hz/ Output 5v /1.0a. So will this work in the meantime until I get a new charger?. and what are the specs of the OEM 7.7 charger? Unfortunately buying the tablet broke the bank, and I wont have enough money for about a week. Ive attached a pic to show you the cable and charger I have. Thanks guys/ gals?

That will work but it will charge very slowly. If you followed the link I posted on the first page of this thread, that is the cheapest charger I have found including shipping.

Here it is again: http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Travel-...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1327576779&sr=1-19

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011

I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :p).

Gam3r 4 Life

Mar 5, 2011
Napa, California
I thought most of the people who ordered from Negri said they got a US adapter. It doesn't look pretty, but unless you're concerned about the charger's portability, it seems silly to buy a whole new charger for it (even if it is only $8 :p).

Well if it comes with the US adapter then I wont buy another, but Ive read at least 2 people that got the same one from Negri and that they received a UK adapter. So I guess Ill know for sure when I get it. Ill post back when I know for sure.

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.

Attachments

• 31JMaU-fbgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31JMaU-fbgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 22

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
Does anybody know if we can buy alternate tips for the chargers. (picture included)
I don't get why they make them interchangeable if we can't buy a different one.

You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :p

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
You could try ebay, but I'm pretty sure the OEM ones are not officially sold separately. Of course you could buy the whole thing you show in the picture and just keep the tip. :p

As for why, the stuff in the brick is the expensive part, so with the changeable tip, they only need to manufacture one type of actual power supply, and they can make many different tips for various regions as needed since the tips cost next to nothing.

Yea, that just seemed like overkill. Oh well I guess I do have a USB cable and no tablet charging blocks to plug it into to except my nook color's, which does not charge as fast as the 7.7's. I think ill get this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-USB-Wall...946929?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f0e5d7ab1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you bought an HK 6810 from negri like I did, you likely received a converter for the 220 power connector.

I decided to buy one meant for north america and got this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VG7C5U

works well and doubles as a secondary usb cable :)
    Not to hijack the thread, but does anybody know if you can just get the detachable tip for the US, if so where can one get it?

I ordered my tab from Negri as well and received the HK tip detached. It would be great to just get the correct part for the US rather than buying a whole new charger?

I am currently using my original SGT 7.0 charger with it, charged fully in ~2 hours.

Does the tip from your original charger interchange with the new one? If so, your best bet is buying a used one off ebay since I can't find just those tips for sale anywhere.