QCell Extended Battery 3600 mAh

Search This thread

ZeroIsntTheHero

May 27, 2011
Montgomery
So, I finally caved and purchased one of these today. It won't arrive until Monday though because I waited until after 1 and two day shipping pushed passed the weekend at that point. I'll be sure to leave feedback on the battery life. Hopefully the back I get fits well. I started seeing reviews about receiving the wrong back. Here's to hoping.

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
So it's been about 3 months since I bought this battery according to my previous review on this thread.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27286508&postcount=30

And I have to say, it's a great battery. Still going strong. Still lasts me the whole day and more. Cover has been opened and closed a ton of times by now and still holds tight and good. This really is a great battery and I really would recommend it to others.

Last edited:

andruha88

Dec 19, 2011
this battery is awsome, i love my phone even more now since i can use it so much more without looking for a power outlet. It also arrived very fast. Highly recommend

jin5

Oct 29, 2008
this battery is sold out so i bought another 3600mah battery from ebay. so far i'm at 13hrs, 33% left, 5hrs:45min screen on time.
*update
4% left, 25 hrs uptime, 7.5hs screen on time.

Last edited:

Tdiliplane

Sep 4, 2011
this battery is sold out so i bought another 3600mah battery from ebay. so far i'm at 13hrs, 33% left, 5hrs:45min screen on time.
*update
4% left, 25 hrs uptime, 7.5hs screen on time.

This thread is for the QCELL battery not a generic one off of ebay. i dont understand why you are posting your stats here. it has nothing to do with the QCell battery???

jin5

Oct 29, 2008
Do you have a problem? I wanted to purchase this battery but I couldn't because it was sold out so I bought another generic that had the same mah rating and figure I'd post my results for people that might be looking for an alternative.

slickric21

Sep 2, 2012
What the highest capacity battery that doesn't require a bigger backplate ?

Would prefer one that didn't make my phone bigger

LucasDTV

Mar 25, 2012
Plainsboro, NJ
Great battery, getting almost 2 days of usage with 7+ hours of screen time and a couple hours of data usage :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: techfish

OneOfMany07

Feb 13, 2012
Would love the longer battery life, but not sure I'd be happy with the "back tumor". And the price is very affordable too. Just wish it was a more rounded lump that was spread a bit more. But that'd likely drive the costs up as it would have to be a custom battery not just a custom cover.

putzini

Sep 13, 2010
San Francisco
I really don't understand why people complain about the "aesthetics" of the damn phone when using an extended battery. Face it, except for those 2 Motorola phones, most Android phones have crappy battery life with the Standard battery. I have had this battery for 2 months and it works perfectly fine (im on Stock and not Rooted - anyone in San Francisco wanna help me Root it ?? -PM me ) Anyway, I am a medium-heavy user and I was getting almost 40 hrs of use. That is until the damn 4.04 update which has ruined this phone. The lovely Sleep of Death, which I have at least minimized using the n"clock" method, the sluggishness, Handcent Notifications just stop for no reason until I reboot...

The one big thing missing for this battery is a CASE ! I see that Q Cell now has cheap TPC cases for the extended battery for the S III, but not the S II. Has anyone found a case that fits with the QCell battery ??

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
I really don't understand why people complain about the "aesthetics" of the damn phone when using an extended battery. Face it, except for those 2 Motorola phones, most Android phones have crappy battery life with the Standard battery. I have had this battery for 2 months and it works perfectly fine (im on Stock and not Rooted - anyone in San Francisco wanna help me Root it ?? -PM me ) Anyway, I am a medium-heavy user and I was getting almost 40 hrs of use. That is until the damn 4.04 update which has ruined this phone. The lovely Sleep of Death, which I have at least minimized using the n"clock" method, the sluggishness, Handcent Notifications just stop for no reason until I reboot...

The one big thing missing for this battery is a CASE ! I see that Q Cell now has cheap TPC cases for the extended battery for the S III, but not the S II. Has anyone found a case that fits with the QCell battery ??

The case in the OP

putzini

Sep 13, 2010
San Francisco
The battery life is overall great if you can deal with the bulge and heat !! If you play with it for say, more than 1/2 hr straight, it gets HOTT. It all depends on how you have things set. I am a moderate to heavy user and as long as you use something like Power Toggles to easily turn off WiFi, GPS , etc. to the lowest settings you can deal with, it helps extended the life. I have gotten close to 48 hrs in the past

QCell wrote me back and said that creating even a "basic" case like they have for the S3 would be cost prohibitive? Huh? Well, the S3 is the same dimensions for all versions, unlike the S2 which has too many damn differences. Well I learned my lesson here about extended batteries. There are a few other companies out there that make a competing battery and most have a case to go along with it

I may be selling this phone and hopefully getting a non Samsung phone with better signal and WiFi strength if its possible. I've never had more bad luck than with Samsung phones and I know I am not alone.

I really wish someone could guide me to a damn Android phone that has most of the specs of the S3, as good or better of a camera and video, SD card support and removable battery support. I am DONE with contracts so I need an Unlocked GSM World phone that has HSPA+ radios so i can get the best data speeds possible on net10 or other GSM mvno's.

How holds the battery if the wife likes to play online toy?

Nakasami

Feb 7, 2012
Have the QCell Extended Battery 3600mAh in my Galaxy S 2 SGH-I777, This is the first charge on this battery and its at 15% remaining at the time of this post. Very satisfied with it so far. I expect to get 5 days out of it before its completely dead.

Attachments

• SC20130204-142447.jpg
    SC20130204-142447.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 167

miten_sheth

Jun 28, 2012
Anybody has tried it with ShoStock3?

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
Kernel - AJK v1.25-S

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any pictures of battery in phone?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The battery is worth the extra bulk/weight
    Forethoughts:
    I bought this one over the GTMax even though it had WAY less reviews and was slightly more expensive as it seemed to have better quality and it had a better number of good reviews compared to bad. I actually think I have YET to see a bad review for QCell. (I didn't look hard though. XD) The GTMax seemed to have lots of good reviews...and tons of bad ones as well. Some even reporting that it they got dead batteries, the battery performed worse than the stock, or that it worked great...and then quickly lost it's performance a few days later. I also kinda dislike the battery cover design of the GTMax compared to the QCell. So in the end, I thought it was worth the slightly higher price and less number of reviews. Hey, at least I can add another review to this product to help others compare?

Long Review:
    Just received it. So far, it's a nice bit bigger than the regular battery, seems fairly well made for a fairly unknown company, etc. However, the original has "Near Field Communication" printed on it. I am currently unsure if the new battery changes anything with NFC. Also, the cover...felt a tad wrong. Doesn't "click" when you press it down and feels a like it's the tiniest bit wrongly cut. I still however got it in fine and it wasn't all that bad. The color and gloss is perfect. Looks pretty much exactly like the rest of the phone and takes away any logo or texture that old cover had, so I like that part a lot.

The weight is fine. It's like carrying 2-3 Samsung Galaxy SII's. The feel is perfect. I have big hands as some have told me, so when I hold the phone with stock battery, I have a bit of space in my hand. Like my hand is a "U" shape. The battery now fills that space up a nice bit and gives me a nice grip on the phone. I'm neutral on holding it horizontally. One side is holding a thin part of the phone. My right hand is holding the thick battery part of the phone. But doesn't bother me at all so far. I believe the GTMax's battery would win here though as the expanded shape is carried to the top with a curve. QCell's ends abruptly.

So far, I am unsure of any real last of this battery compared to the old one, but if someone could recommend a way to test both against each other, I'd be happy to test. So far, it seems like it should last at least a bit longer than the original, but again, I just got it.

Shorter Review:
    Design/Looks: 5/5
    Functionality: Currently Unsure
    Weight/Feel: 4/5
    Extra Comments: Does NFC still work? The cover also feels a bit off when putting it in. Will it work longer than the GTMax ones?

Pictures:
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B24vmf2EVo4ebUVkczJwMkRMR1E/edit
    I got recived this battery today and got in on amazon for $19.99
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006SK5GK0/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details
    I will report back in a couple of days

Case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077HQ9M2/ref=gno_cart_title_1
    I would recommend this battery
    Anybody has tried it with ShoStock3?

Sent from my SGH-I777

ROM - ShoStock 3 v2.5.6
    Kernel - AJK v1.25-S

Yes, I'm using ShoStock3 v2.5.6 and I can go all day and maybe get down to 50% depending on heavy use. I did get some better life using a JB 4.2.2 ROM, but I did not really care for the ROM.