What is your experience with SanDisk 64gb cards and the Note 2?

Search This thread

jrodbbrook

Feb 12, 2011
I've had mine for a month now. I got it from Amazon. No problems so far. I used it right out of the box (formatted exfat).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
Sandisk supposedly has a newer version out. I have one I bought from amazon. Nothing but happiness here

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt
Lot of people are using them. Just check beans thread for example. The swap is part of his aroma installer for his B9 rom.

I guess i just dont understand putting your internal memory on your sdcard then doin the switch....im gna have to try it.

Sent from my Beast SCH-I605

Last edited:

jackdubl

Aug 14, 2010
Well, anyone know a reputable brick-and-mortar to buy a different brand than SanDisk? I just checked Best Buy. They can only get SanDisk. Don't really wanna try Amazon again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

cbdudek

Sep 10, 2010
Works great!

I have a Galaxy Note II along with a 64gb MicroSD card and it works great. My experience has been top notch. No issues at all.

cteel001

Feb 2, 2011
I have the class 10 64 bought from amazon and when I flashed the Jedi ROM it turned it into a 1mb card not sure if it can be fixed but that's my experience. I know the Jedi ROM doesn't work with those catd s but I didn't expect it to corrupt it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ScottieB

Dec 16, 2012
NYC
I actually had a flaky 32GB Sandisk card but my 64 has been great for about 2 months. That said I back it up on the regular.

ajamudc

Sep 8, 2010
I'm using the Sandisk 64gb class 10 with no problems so far.

Sent from my Verizon Note 2 running Jelly Beans

dcdgoth

Jul 25, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm not 100% sure because I haven't tested out yet but I'd heard exFat formatted SD cards WOULD NOT be supported on AOKP, CM10, or non-touchwiz based roms.....
If you use touchwiz based roms such as Jelly 'Beans' build 9 or clean roms, you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6spdtls

Cyclin

Feb 19, 2013
California
No issue here

I haven't had any problems with my 64gb Sandisk Ultra microSD cards.

I purchased mine from Amazon all have worked great.

EDIT: I guess I should also mention that I am running Beans rom, with Perseus kernel :) No problems whatsoever, and it is still formatted as exFAT

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not 100% sure because I haven't tested out yet but I'd heard exFat formatted SD cards WOULD NOT be supported on AOKP, CM10, or non-touchwiz based roms.....
    If you use touchwiz based roms such as Jelly 'Beans' build 9 or clean roms, you'll be fine.
    2 things that people report about these cards are

#1.apparently the first batch that were sold in 2012 were defective but sandisk is accepting responsibility and insuring a full warranty exchange for a new one from the new pile

heres an email straight from Sandisk

Sandisk has been experiencing a higher than normal return rate on their 64gb cards and has recalled a part of their inventory. They will be replacing the defective units with working ones. Expect a delay of about a week.

everyone should be safe to buy these now

#2 there seems to be a problem with a double partition on these cards ? some note 2s have issues with it some dont (go figure) but there is a way to remove the 2nd partition which requires a small amount of work and patience and if you made it to this site then you obviously can do both. its somewhere in the forum just do a quick search.
    Sandisk class 10 64gb. Running beans 10 vrall kernel. No formatting or problems with other roms so far.