[Q] Need NST Restore Image

Search This thread

Reznor7

Apr 27, 2013
Hello all. I'm in need of a NST restore image (the 1.8gb kind) with the rom partition removed. My NST is completely gone partition-wise. I've tried every method to recover the rom partition with no luck. The hard drive used to back up my original image has gone bad as well. I don't need Wifi or B&N access, so if anyone coudl help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Jayman

Jun 30, 2003
Hi I think I need to use this as well.
I rooted using clock work 2gb with usb host 176 kernal.
I had not registered with B&N. Now the nook hangs at login (finds wireless, tries to register,
then gives 'error failure to register', then on device info page only options are turn off or reset.
I do not need to be registered to B&N either.
How do I apply this?
Do I write the image on its own to SD card
or do I have to have it on card with clockwork or nook manager?
thx.

Renate

Recognized Contributor / Inactive Recognized Dev
I would advise anybody with a bricked Nook who is going to flash it with a generic image to backup their Nook to their PC first.

Use noogie on an SD card.
I use Win32DiskImager to copy.
Other possibilities are dd or roadkill's stuff.

I'm working on a /rom recovery utility for images.
That will recover the unit-specific files so that you can write them back to your Nook.

Reactions: speedman2202

speedman2202

May 16, 2012
Cairo
Hi I think I need to use this as well.
I rooted using clock work 2gb with usb host 176 kernal.
I had not registered with B&N. Now the nook hangs at login (finds wireless, tries to register,
then gives 'error failure to register', then on device info page only options are turn off or reset.
I do not need to be registered to B&N either.
How do I apply this?
Do I write the image on its own to SD card
or do I have to have it on card with clockwork or nook manager?
thx.

if i were u .... i would tried recovery method before doing what u did .... at least u get back ur original rom files

Top Liked Posts