Tethering

Search This thread

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
I have 2 methods that I use on my phone.

FIRST THING IS TO CREATE THE EXACT SAME TMOBILE APN EXCEPT CHANGE IT FROM IP6 TO IP4.
TO BE EXACT I JUST CREATE A 2ND APN AND IN THE WAP FIELD I USE "fast.t-mobile.com" I LEAVE ALL OTHER FIRLD BLANK.

When I want to send a MMS I just activate the TMobile Stock APN. When I tether I activate my custom APN.

Now the 1st method I use is using the STOCK TETHERING option.
Activate the Stock APN and Turn On Stock Tethering. "This is IF you have the 2.5GB tethering on your account.After the tethering is activated, on the computer you have to use a custom UA string on your web browser. For me I use "Google Chrome" and I installed the plugin "Ultimate User Agent Switcher" and I use the "Kindle" option. This will allow for full web access and TMobile will think your using a Kindle tablet.

Torrents also work since you have the ip4 APN activated.

My 2nd method is using USB Tethering to my PC with PDANet. Install PDANet on your phone and on the PC. And also have the custom APN activated in network settings. In PDANet Settings, go to HIDE TETHER USAGE VERSION 2. This will allow for FULL web use without the need for changing UA Strings.

With this method, I am also able to share the connection to my LAN port which is hooked to my NetGear Router so i can then ((RESHARE)) the connection again to my XBOX and PS3 and other devices allowing them to just connect to my router as normal.

Those are the 2 methods I use. I have LTE in my area and I do about 4MB/s or 40Mbps on average.

For this current month I have used at least 107GB for the month even though my plan is 2.5GB...

Twitter @FiberOpticsRLD if you have any questions, I rarely check my XDA inbox.

+Randall D I am a little confused while setting this up on my work partners S4 on tmo. He wants to tether to his 10.1 note. I added a new Apn with the fast.T-Mobile.com, left all other blank except for MCC (310) and MNC (260) only bc it wouldn't let me save my APN unless these were at least 3 digits. Everything else is blank.
He is using the stock mobile hotspot. For some reason he still recieves texts and MMS even though those fields are still blank.
How do I know this is setup correctly and how is he still receiving mms? Thanks

Troy1

Sep 18, 2008
+Randall D I am a little confused while setting this up on my work partners S4 on tmo. He wants to tether to his 10.1 note. I added a new Apn with the fast.T-Mobile.com, left all other blank except for MCC (310) and MNC (260) only bc it wouldn't let me save my APN unless these were at least 3 digits. Everything else is blank.
He is using the stock mobile hotspot. For some reason he still recieves texts and MMS even though those fields are still blank.
How do I know this is setup correctly and how is he still receiving mms? Thanks

Dis you also set it as ip/4. That sends to be the issue with those that are not working.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

inflewence

Oct 29, 2008
Mine tethers on tablets and cells with the new apn but it still won't work on my ps3. Can't wait till this is fixed. Right now I watch Netflix and hulu with the mhl Cable but I got a 3d tv and would like to watch 3d movies on Netflix and only can do that on ps3.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

ugabuga

Jul 19, 2008
Same issue: I can tether with the default tethering app on my T-Mobile Note 3 to my Ipad, Android tablets, and other phones. I can also tether fine to my Roku's and Sony streaming devices. Unfortunately, no luck tethering to the PS3.

Anyone have any ideas?

mlock420

Aug 6, 2013
I was wondering do I have to use a vpn app just to get by t mobile hot spot limit? ...

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Reaver07

Aug 10, 2016

FIRST THING IS TO CREATE THE EXACT SAME TMOBILE APN EXCEPT CHANGE IT FROM IP6 TO IP4.
TO BE EXACT I JUST CREATE A 2ND APN AND IN THE WAP FIELD I USE "fast.t-mobile.com" I LEAVE ALL OTHER FIRLD BLANK.

When I want to send a MMS I just activate the TMobile Stock APN. When I tether I activate my custom APN.

Activate the Stock APN and Turn On Stock Tethering. "This is IF you have the 2.5GB tethering on your account.After the tethering is activated, on the computer you have to use a custom UA string on your web browser. For me I use "Google Chrome" and I installed the plugin "Ultimate User Agent Switcher" and I use the "Kindle" option. This will allow for full web access and TMobile will think your using a Kindle tablet.

My 2nd method is using USB Tethering to my PC with PDANet. Install PDANet on your phone and on the PC. And also have the custom APN activated in network settings. In PDANet Settings, go to HIDE TETHER USAGE VERSION 2. This will allow for FULL web use without the need for changing UA Strings.

With this method, I am also able to share the connection to my LAN port which is hooked to my NetGear Router so i can then ((RESHARE)) the connection again to my XBOX and PS3 and other devices allowing them to just connect to my router as normal.

Those are the 2 methods I use. I have LTE in my area and I do about 4MB/s or 40Mbps on average.

For this current month I have used at least 107GB for the month even though my plan is 2.5GB...

I have a ? Metrics user/ I have planet got it all setup through PC into ps4....but for some reason it doesn't hide anything it eats from my mobile hot-spot data....is there a fix for this or does it not truly hide anything???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

WiFi tether by Fabio. Been using it since he introduced it and he stayed with his app and fixed and guided through any problems I have. One of the best dollar bills I've spent on the android market IMHO

sent from your moms bedroom. knock before you enter
    I'm using the stock tethering app .. I have used 200gb last month ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Wifi tether router. I swear by it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk